I am spending my summer in the gym! Who's with me?!

Options
jpore
jpore Posts: 37 Member
Hey Ladies,
I am one week into stage 1, and I feel amazing!

I started my journey over a year ago and I have already lost 45lbs with cardio and cleaner eating (still cupcakes and wine, but less red meat and pasta, a girl has got to prioritize!). I am 25 years old, 5'6", and I was aiming to loose another 15-20lbs, but i am sure that those goals are going to change throughout the summer as I get further into the lifting program.

I am looking for more ladies that are following the NROLFW program and want to be friends! I am such a scale-watcher that I think I need some more encouragement from outside forces to keep going and not just to hop on the treadmill again (that would be a dark day because I absolutely hate running.)

I am having a hard time figuring out the best way to hit macros, since I have done so much calorie watching. At the moment I am just trying to eat as much lean protein as possible, and then adjust whatever I am having for dinner to make-up for what I ate the rest of the day. I am hoping to get better at this as I go, it has only been a week!

I have taken before pictures and measurements, and I am looking forward to posting my progress in the months to come!

Who's with me?!

Replies

• redlipsticklyfe
    redlipsticklyfe Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Welcome to new rules jpore! I'm currently finishing up stage three and think that you will absolutely love the program. I had trouble hitting macros in the beginning too. What really helps me is being deliberate with what I eat. I make all my meals for the week ahead of time and focus on protein. I made sure all of my meals have as course to 40 grams of protein as possible. Usually once I get the protein everything else falls into place. You can check out my food diary during the weekdays to get an example of what I mean.
    Congrats on your losses thus far you really have done amazing work. Definitely head over to the daily chat thread. The women there have been so supportive. Also the thread "I'm starting stage one" thread by mz horned one. Most of us are out of stage one but have such a great time talking to each other we keep coming back. And we even have a personal trainer on the board! Hope that wasn't too much info. I'd love to be friends if you want to add me. Welcome to new rules!
  • JeSuisPrest
    JeSuisPrest Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    My summer break starts 6/7.....can't wait to get back to New Rules!!
  • runzalot81
    runzalot81 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6" and finishing up stage 3. Sent you a friend request.
  • sunshinelively
    sunshinelively Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Jpore but for one inch we are alike. I am 5'5" and around 20 lb away from goal. Taking a major side trip with new rules since I'm worried about losing muscle. Currently around 150 give or take and halfway into stage 2.

Redlipsticklyfe is right this are two great threads in this sub-forum.

This is an awesome program, I have gained a lot of strength and shifted some inches around. Still playing with cals trying to get it right.

Welcome and add ^me if you like :)
  • dnamouse
    dnamouse Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    I'm just about finishing Stage 3 too, and if you don't mind a short chick and someone who no longer logs food (but logs all the exercise), feel free to add me :smile:

Once you get the hang of hitting your protein, as Redlipsticklyfe said, everything else falls into place. After doing it for a while I know that if I eat so much of particular foods, then that's my protein intake and I can have fun with the rest :drinker: Planning is key.
  • lili61
    lili61 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I am in week 5 of stage 1 and am really impressed with myself! I can be guilty of watching the scale too much, but when clothes start to fit differently without much change in the scale, I tend not to care!

Requesting you now!