Sarahstrezo's bulking Log

Options
12346»

Replies

• husseycd
    husseycd Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting updates! Looking forward to cut results.
  • SilentDrapeRunners
    SilentDrapeRunners Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Good progress! And that's great you haven't noticed any loss of strength
  • sarahstrezo
    sarahstrezo Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Good progress! And that's great you haven't noticed any loss of strength

That part was what I was most worried about. I not adding weight to my lifts at the rate I was. But I haven't gone back at all and even though the weight increases are slow...they are happening.
  • sarahstrezo
    Options
    My cut is officially over. It lasted about 10 weeks with about 2 weeks at maintenance to start. I was cutting at around 200-2100 calories.
    I'm stopping now because I'm starting to notice my strength beginning to plateau and I'm not recovering like I should be. Those things are more important to me than being ultra lean. I took some measurements today and I'm in the high 18% body fat (according to my measurements). Before I bulked, I was 18.5% so I'm only very slightly higher than I was pre bulk.

I have seemed to retained about 4.5 lbs of lean mass and that is great as far as I'm concerned! My waist is now the same size as it was pre bulk, my belly button measurement is a tad smaller and my hips and thighs are a tad bigger….obviously most of my new mass went to my lower half (which is also great IMO) ;)

My plan is to continue on with maintenance calories through the rest of summer and hopefully recomp a little more. Then, in September/October, I'll likely bulk again :)
  • __freckles__
    __freckles__ Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    My cut is officially over. It lasted about 10 weeks with about 2 weeks at maintenance to start. I was cutting at around 200-2100 calories.
    I'm stopping now because I'm starting to notice my strength beginning to plateau and I'm not recovering like I should be. Those things are more important to me than being ultra lean. I took some measurements today and I'm in the high 18% body fat (according to my measurements). Before I bulked, I was 18.5% so I'm only very slightly higher than I was pre bulk.

I have seemed to retained about 4.5 lbs of lean mass and that is great as far as I'm concerned! My waist is now the same size as it was pre bulk, my belly button measurement is a tad smaller and my hips and thighs are a tad bigger….obviously most of my new mass went to my lower half (which is also great IMO) ;)

My plan is to continue on with maintenance calories through the rest of summer and hopefully recomp a little more. Then, in September/October, I'll likely bulk again :)

Just curious how you measured your body fat? I get different results with every method I've used so I've given up trying to figure it out.
  • fivethreeone
    fivethreeone Posts: 8,196 Member
    Options
    Can we get comparison photos? :)
  • littlebudgie
    littlebudgie Posts: 279 Member
    Options

I hope there was a zero missing from the end of that 200 :wink:

Congratulations on finishing your cut, and also the successful bulk!
  • sarahstrezo
    Options
    I use circumferential measurements. It's not 100% accurate, but i've used the same method the entire time so it's a good way to gauge trends.

I will definitely take post cut pictures, but I have to wait until my period is over…because I'm hella bloated right now ;)