Eight weeks in......

Options
Adpalangi
Adpalangi Posts: 349 Member
I am in week 8 day 1. I'm disapointed I gained a lb. I started off pretty well I thought, now I'm this far - half way there and I've only lost 12 lbs. I do have to say my waist went down 2 inches in this past week, and I'm getting compliments on looking "skinny" now that feels just great but I am far from skinny....way far far! I still haven't started the training program, something always just convenient just comes up. I think I need to take that part of the program seriously and get myself in there.

Any motivational suggestions?

Replies

• jolene_CO
    jolene_CO Posts: 48
    Options
    A 1 lb. fluctuation is normal. NORMAL. You could have selected weigh days that happened to fall poorly in your hormone cycle, or during sodium intake, or after a few days of excessive fiber or cheese intake. If you're losing inches but the scale isn't moving, stop looking at the scale.

I'm in the same boat, currently. My scale will show a 1kg up or down, but the pants that fit two weeks ago are falling off my hips. Since the scale is obviously not reflecting the changes, I'm not looking at the scale. Eventually that number will move, but until it does, I'm going to ignore what it says and focus on the signs that show what I'm doing is working.

In the end, weight is so, so relative. At my peak of fitness I weighed 190lbs and had 17% body fat. Read that? One hundred and ninety pounds. But at 17% body fat, I was pretty much nothing but boobs, butt, and muscle. I looked AMAZING. But if I'd obsessed about the fact that I was a mere 10lbs under 200, I would have never felt I'd achieved "health."

Don't use a single metric to measure what is a very, very complex composition in the human body.
  • newlife6745
    newlife6745 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Jolene, very good advice. Thank you.
  • Adpalangi
    Adpalangi Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Thank you both for the words of wisdom!