Help! Garmin 910 HR monitor won't connect

Options
KathleenKP
KathleenKP Posts: 580 Member
I've spent the last hour trying to find a forum post somewhere on the internet and haven't had any luck. I went to the Garmin Connect website and it keeps getting me stuck on this "connect on your home computer" page and won't go any further. I'm on my ipad, which is what I use.

I just need to know how to get this HR monitor to be recognized by my watch. The strap is on me, electrodes have been wetted a couple times. I'm not working out right now, and haven't while I've been wearing it for the last 6.5 hours. The watch has been on my wrist, and my arms are not longer than 3 meters. The ridiculously sparse "get started" manual goes into great detail about how to fasten it around your chest, but then says nothing more.

It's all new out of the box this last week.

Replies

• thepetiterunner
    thepetiterunner Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    I don't know if the 910 is like mine or not, but for the Garmin Forerunner 220 you have to go to the Menu > Settings > Sensors > Add HRM. Then it will find it. I drove myself crazy for like an hour trying to get it to "find" my HRM like my old Garmin 210 did.
  • trijoe
    trijoe Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    The best advice I can give you is to spend however long it takes and print out, top to bottom, the user's manual. It sucks out loud that Garmin has decided to stop putting those in each purchase. But they have. When I got my 310, downloading the manual was the first thing I did. I printed 4 pages at a time, on 1 sheet of paper. It took a while, as my printer doesn't do front to back and I wanted a front to back manual.

Crazy, I know.

And maybe this isn't exactly what you were hoping to read. But it's my best advice.
  • KathleenKP
    Options
    Thanks, PetiteRunn - I'm going to go try that now.

Joe - Yes, I want to print it out. But I can't even find the manual. The website won't let me past that front page. I set up an account, and I still can't get past that page. It doesn't like my ipad??? I agree - they should be printing the manuals and including them with our purchases. And I don't want it in those crazy pictures that have no meaning, either. Like the one on the back of the HR monitor strap that shows a washing machine and a "7x". I *finally* figured out what I think it says, and if you misunderstood one detail, you might be buying a new one.
  • KathleenKP
    Options
    Thanks PetiteRunn!! That helped. It was a little different pathway, but I was able to find it thanks to you.
  • dinos
    dinos Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
  • thepetiterunner
    thepetiterunner Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    Thanks PetiteRunn!! That helped. It was a little different pathway, but I was able to find it thanks to you.

You're welcome :) Glad you figured it out.
  • scott091501
    scott091501 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    Just an FYI Garmin's customer support is awesome. They're always an easy option.
  • KathleenKP
    Options
    Thanks for the manual link. I will probably have to call customer support for some things. I want to figure this out. I'm not a techie person and it took me the better part of a year to finally order this. But I want to USE it. I'm headed into a big work week with extra shifts, so at least I can do some basic things with it until I can find the time to read/call.