For today May 27th

Options
GrokRockStar
GrokRockStar Posts: 2,938 Member
“The man who never alters his opinion is like standing water, and breeds reptiles of the mind.” – William Blake

“For today: I stop in the middle of an old answer, and old habit, an old way of thinking and ask myself: “Is this really the best way, or is there a better on?”

It’s been a little while since I posted, so I thought I’d share this reading today. This reading is a powerful quote by William Black. It reminds us that we cannot remain stagnant in our program and in order to evolve, we need to give up those old ideas, the ones that do not add value to our program. For me change was uncomfortable and scary mainly because I didn’t fully trust the process. I truly had to give up my original way of thinking, otherwise I could not remain abstinent. I’m grateful for this program and all of the people in it!

Have a great, abstinent day!

Replies

• blackthrux
    blackthrux Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Just getting back to the boards after some time away on vacation.

“For today: I stop in the middle of an old answer, and old habit, an old way of thinking and ask myself: “Is this really the best way, or is there a better on?”

I find myself doing this A LOT! So much so, that it is really becoming a habit for me, and I don't necessarily rely on the initial reaction that I have to a situation. I find that often the first reaction is an indicator of an old habit that I haven't yet changed but want to, and reinforces the idea of looking at everything with a "fresh set of eyes".