JUNE 2014 - Move Your @ss Challenge

Options

Replies

• NavyKnightAh13
    NavyKnightAh13 Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    I am going to sign up for 15 this month.

exercise.png
  • Lovemyalex
    Lovemyalex Posts: 3,826 Member
    Options
    Exercise total for

Sunday 6/01

(Exercise bike 31.39 miles & walk 1.25 miles)

**total 32.64 miles for today

***32.64 miles done and 917.36 miles to go....:happy:
  • anaconda469
    anaconda469 Posts: 3,462 Member
    Options
    Slow start to June. Just a short walk.

06/01 - 1.5 miles walking

Total: 1.5 miles

exercise.png
  • Lovemyalex
    Options
  • _canuckrunner_
    _canuckrunner_ Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    4.84 k walk this morning then 15.15 k run this afternoon

Total 20K

exercise.png
  • Lovemyalex
    Options
    Thank you so very much ...."Dcmat". ...you do know that you are the reason....i love to challenge myself....I have been watching you and your miles...so I said to myself...if he can do it .... so can I....never under estimate the power of what you can accomplish once you set your mind to it... Thank you once again for challenging me to accomplish something I thought I could never have reached.... ;) i love this team ....good luck to everyone this month.... Never stop believing in yourself.... You are so worth it.... ;)
    My June goal is 950 miles....:happy:

Congrats on hitting 1000 miles in May
    [/quote]
  • clepant
    clepant Posts: 3,379 Member
    Options
    June 1: 13 miles walking and running

TTD: 13 miles

exercise.png
  • JTH11706
    JTH11706 Posts: 2,934 Member
    Options
    =============================
    SPREADSHEET UPDATED TO HERE

See (but not edit) the
    spreadsheet here:

http://tinyurl.com/myac201402
    =============================

Congratulations to verdemujer, karid1114, angelmo8 and queenegreene for making their May goals! :drinker:

Welcome to galactusempire and binarysolace (and we are honored to be your first post!). We love newbies around here, but it's particularly exciting to get 2 more males into the group. Yes, men are in the minority around here. But don't let all us strong, athletic women intimidate you :laugh: Just be careful if Speedy challenges you to a battle of the sexes.

@sunflower9194 - What a way to start the month!
    @kathyflannery129 - Go big or go home, right?
    @angelmo8 - The exception to the go big rule is if you're injured. Take it easy and take care of yourself. We want you back better than ever next month.
  • Chevy_Quest
    Chevy_Quest Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    June 2014

9.25 miles to start out June 1st

exercise.png
  • liesevanlingen
    liesevanlingen Posts: 508 Member
    Options

exercise.png

Just wondering--how on earth do you folks have the time to do so many miles? I could do more if I had the time, but what with balancing the needs of 4 kids, 2 of whom are special-needs and require specific therapy, one suffers from chronic pain, sees 2 or 3 doctors every week, and has multiple food allergies (about 12!) so cooking is tricky, plus a part-time job and limited finances, time tends to be tight. If anybody would like to pass on some tips for maximizing the workout time I do have, I'd be very grateful.
  • lamlamsmakeover
    lamlamsmakeover Posts: 6,574 Member
    Options
    All FitBit/walking steps today

exercise.png
  • asalembier
    asalembier Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Goal for June is 125 miles
    I will try and post more this month
  • taxmom9093
    taxmom9093 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    @liesevanlinge Please try not to compare your goals to anyone elses. :flowerforyou: Really. That's part of the beauty of this group is that you pick the goal that fits you, no matter how small or large. Everyone's life is in a different spot and we can only work within our own circumstances.:flowerforyou: I can say for myself that right now my oldest daughter is out on her own working and my younger daughter is on a college internship overseas, so I don't have all the child responsibilities that you have now. Add to that my light work schedule at this time of year and I do have more time to move. :smile: At other times of year I will need to adjust my goals down because I will be working more.

Keep in mind too that many of our high miles movers are on bicycles. They can get more miles in than those of us who stay on our feet. :laugh:

As far as helpful suggestions, I have a couple, but I hope some of the other movers can help too. I have started taking walks when I have a few minutes to myself instead of curling up and staring out into space. When possible at the kids sports practices or other activities, I would also walk around instead of just sitting in the car or on the sidelines. I know when you have other children with you it can be trickier, but I had at least some success talking my daughters into coming with me on walks. (yes, this did slow me down some, but at least I wasn't stationary)

I hope this helps some, Just remember, your success is meeting your own goal. :smile: And it is perfectly OK for that goal to be what you can achieve around your other responsibilities. :smile: Go liesevanlinge!!!!
  • taxmom9093
    taxmom9093 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    Not a bad first day of the month. 5.25 miles so far. :smile:

exercise.png
  • sam_gamgee
    sam_gamgee Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I'll set my goal for June to 100km again. I hope to do more but want to be realistic too with winter setting in. :-)

exercise.png
  • cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,355 Member
    Options
    The perfect day today! :flowerforyou:

11.11 miles

exercise.png

Hope everyone has a great Monday!

Chris
  • animefan914
    animefan914 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I am going to be out of town for part of June so I am going to keep my goal at 175 miles.

Starting off June with 5.41miles.
  • wanderan
    wanderan Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    starting June with 4.23 walking miles...with and afternoon of fishing..all i caught was the sun and some mosquitoes..ok lots of of them. but otherwise a great way to spend the afternoon.

exercise.png
  • megan_elizabeth8
    megan_elizabeth8 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    adding 1.2 miles
    8.3 total

exercise.png
  • speedyf
    speedyf Posts: 1,571 Member
    Options
    On the board with 4.2 walking miles.

exercise.png

QOTD:
    That would be such a great idea!!
    health-beauty-workout-work_out-working_out-keeping_fit-fitness-jmp060817l.jpg
This discussion has been closed.