Replies

• Rief3
    Rief3 Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    In again, put at a goal of 75miles
  • postolache
    postolache Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Going for 80km this month. I hope I will made it this time.
  • Mbuhler
    Mbuhler Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Add me in for another 150km for June :drinker:
  • Chevy_Quest
    Chevy_Quest Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    Also - I am really digging being in the Fitbit.com group.

9.25 miles to start out June 1st
    4.04 Extra as of this morning - Before 6 AM walk

Total for June: 13.2

exercise.png[/url
  • queenegreene
    queenegreene Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    6/1 - 3.75 miles
    Total to date: 3.75 of 130 miles
  • Rindy12
    Rindy12 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Put me in for 100 miles for June.

exercise.png
  • Libi_KK
    Libi_KK Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    When I was looking at the spreadsheet, and isn't it interesting when you're watching live updating, I noticed there are quite a few people in a group at fitbit.com. Anyone mind if I join & sending me the link?
  • darkrider42
    darkrider42 Posts: 5,334 Member
    Options
    =============================
    SPREADSHEET UPDATED TO HERE

See (but not edit) the
    spreadsheet here:

http://tinyurl.com/myac201402
    =============================

Congrats on making GOAL in May to DINOS, RIEF3, and MBUHLER!!! :drinker:

TAXMOM9093 - Thank you so much for the wonderful reply to LIESEVANLINGEN. So right that everybody has different challenges and to try to do the best we can do.

LIESEVANLINGEN - Hang in there and just keep doing what you can. Sounds like your kids need you right now. It should get easier as they get older. Sorry I don't have anything more helpful for right now. :flowerforyou:

SAM_GAMGEE - Winter?!? I keep forgetting you're on the other side of the equator! Hang in there, Buddy! :)

WANDERAN - Fishing is not a bad way to spend an afternoon even if they are not biting (the fish, not the mosquitoes!) :smile:

Dave
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    Expecting more running and less riding this month, going for 300 miles!

exercise.png
  • spikesmom
    spikesmom Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I'm in again for June for 200 miles! I ran a 5k last night with NO training! I haven't been exercising regularly for over two weeks, so I will pay for it today and tomorrow, but I did it! I ran the whole time, albeit at a snail's pace. Finished in 39 mins :(

exercise.png
  • hoyalawya2003
    hoyalawya2003 Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    Here it is June, and I am still trying to meet a 50 miles per month goal that I originally set in January. Maybe my persistence will pay off this month... :ohwell:

exercise.png
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,775 Member
    Options
    Here's to June! My goal is 80 miles.
  • WonStepAtaTime
    WonStepAtaTime Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    01Jun- 1.5 miles
  • AreUjoking2
    AreUjoking2 Posts: 142
    Options
    June 1st 25.3 miles
  • verdemujer
    verdemujer Posts: 1,397 Member
    Options
    Off with a bang!

June: - Goal 450
    1st: 41.2 (39.58 Bike) - Total of 41.2 / 408.8 to go....
  • BakerRunnerBadass
    BakerRunnerBadass Posts: 1,359 Member
    Options
    Aiming for 100 miles once again for this month!!
  • lyla29
    lyla29 Posts: 3,549 Member
    Options
    I'm in again this month. My goal is 80 miles

exercise.png
  • sunflower9194
    sunflower9194 Posts: 149 Member
    Options

exercise.png

Just wondering--how on earth do you folks have the time to do so many miles? I could do more if I had the time, but what with balancing the needs of 4 kids, 2 of whom are special-needs and require specific therapy, one suffers from chronic pain, sees 2 or 3 doctors every week, and has multiple food allergies (about 12!) so cooking is tricky, plus a part-time job and limited finances, time tends to be tight. If anybody would like to pass on some tips for maximizing the workout time I do have, I'd be very grateful.

My children are both grown now and have moved out of the house which has made a major difference for me. When they are home I try to get them to run or ride with me. While they were still in school and living at home I really struggled to get much physical activity at all. I really agree with taxmom9093's suggestions. I used to walk laps around the ball field during little league practice or the soccer field during practice. It also helped me to have friends to talk and walk with who had children doing similar activities. At work I've really tried not to eat lunch at my desk, and get outside when ever possible ever possible even if only to walk .5 a mile, it all adds up. I just bought my first adult bike in March after not riding since I was a kid, and my miles have jumped up significantly. I also swim and run though, and when I focus on those activities my miles are much lower as taxmom9093 suggested.

It's a very individual journey for each of us, and it's important for you to find a goal and a mode of moving that fits your own needs. My husband has his bike on a trainer in the house in the winter to help him keep moving during the long dark months where we live.

You are doing essential things for your family by being there for your children, I give you much respect for this. I wonder if you are actually moving more then you think, have you ever worn a pedometer or a FitBit?
  • jennybex
    jennybex Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I'd like to get in this month, going with 150 miles!
  • Hungry_Annie
    Hungry_Annie Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    2.06 miles on the treadmill-Couch to 5k

exercise.png
This discussion has been closed.