Playing golf tomorrow! Need to Figure Out Calorie Count??

Options
I have searched on the internet trying to find a realistic calorie burn for golf when carrying your own bag on your shoulders for 18 holes.

Believe it or not I have seen figures of 1400 calories burned!! Even MFP here has over 1400 cal. burned for 18 holes.

If you look at any golf clubhouse in America with avid golfers that do no other activity other than golf and do not watch their diet then you would know that they are not burning 1400 cal. LOL Also they are taking in over 1000 cal. drinking beer and cocktails after their game LOL.

My guess is that I am most likely burning 500-600 cal.realistically?

Am I close or way off?

Replies

• 1happydogg
    1happydogg Posts: 15
    Options
    Have you thought about getting a Fitbit or other fitness tracker? I have a Soleus Go and love it. Just a thought. Would lend you mine if I lived a bit closer.
  • sandiegotennispro
    Options
    Never thought of it but maybe I will get one. I just can not believe that playing 18 holes of golf carrying your own bag would burn over 1400 calories!! It seems totally absurd to me. I think it is more like 500-600 at the very most.
  • wildberrytoo
    wildberrytoo Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I have noticed the calories burned for activity on mfp can be a little bit off. I have a Fitbit that I wear (it sync's with mfp) so that allows me a more accurate count. Sorry I can't help you with golfing calories, but kudo's to you for walking....you are making the best choice!