Non Scale Victories - Share the Joy! - part 3

Options

Replies

• Etherlily1
    Etherlily1 Posts: 974 Member
    Options
    @Dan - What you did was incredible. It takes a fair amount of courage to commit to that kind of a hike.

@brookielaw - That is a huge NSV. Being able to resist in a social setting is a big deal. We're social animals and like to mimic others. We slow down and speed up eating based on what others around us are doing. We tend to match bite for bite. Great job on not eating the cake and keeping things cool. You were justified in having hurt feelings.

This is sorta an NSV and sorta not. I have been having checkup appointments this week. I blew away my endocrinologist with how much weight I'd lost along with my home health nurse. The big one though comes from my perspective. I have to set up yearly goals with my nurse, and I went with continuing weight-loss. I decided within the next year I will lose 70 lbs. This did not intimidate me the way it intimidated them. We heckled over it for a bit as I explained that it's /not/ an unrealistic goal. The goal was set as lose 6 lbs a month for the next 12 months. That goal is the same things as lose 70 lbs in the next 12 months, just worded in a way that is actually more intimidating for me in truth as the expectation is put in place for close to the end of the year as well....anyways. So, the big numbers in the grand scheme of things don't bother me. I am realizing my realistic limits and able to set appropriate goals for them, even if they sound way too big for others.
  • dward59
    dward59 Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    @Paula - Frame it? As a dire warning? lol

@Brookie - I understand the hurt feelings. The least they could have done was said it was a "monthly birthday celebration" to cover all! Still, you handled it with grace and skill in not carb diving! Good On You!

@Maelyn - I applaud your goal setting. Is there room to reset the goal at 6 months if your losses slow? I bet they would be over the moon if you still lose only 50 to 60 lbs this year. A very respectable loss rate is 1 lb per week and I know you have posted about battles with meds that may impact the loss? Anyway, a great goal to shoot for!

@ All - Thanks for the kudos. I appreciate your support!
  • m23prime
    m23prime Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Dan! Look at you go! Go. As in disappear! You are melting away!

HOLY WOWZERS!
  • Etherlily1
    Options
    @Dan - I don't think so. It's a yearly goal setting thing. I can revise my treatment goals for psychiatric care every 3 months, but with Home Health it's just once a year. I'll just have to ignore it when the losses slow down. They're over the moon I've lost as much weight as I have in the last year, though it's only been a few months. The only negative things I got from my endo were that my insulin levels are high-normal, and triglycerides are still high (side effect of medication I'm on).
  • MeRoHa
    MeRoHa Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    NSV - Went recently to a place we had not been in awhile. They seated us in a small two person booth (seated across from each other). . Not only was there plenty of room at my stomach so that I did not feel squished in like a sardine in a can, but I noticed that I could set my large purse beside me on the seat and there was still room left over. Before I started on this journey that purse was delegated to the floor at my feet because there was no room on the seat beside me. :happy:
  • dward59
    dward59 Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    @MeRoHa - I love Booth victories. ( I still recall the thrill of being able to use booths again, and I still grin every time we are taken to one and I do NOT have to ask for a table instead.)

Congratulations on a Great NSV!
  • hollyla9905
    hollyla9905 Posts: 508
    Options
    Amazing NSV! Keep up the great work :)
  • Etherlily1
    Options
    @MeRoHa - That is exciting! I look forward to the day I can share in the NSV!
  • incredibleshrinkingjackie
    Options
    hi everybody! ok, i used to hate aisles.

most aisles are set up for two people to pass, but i always took up the whole aisle. like at the library. if someone came into the aisle i was in, one of us would have to back up because there was no way we could pass each other.

well yesterday, while at the library, i was walking down one of the aisles and a library assistant came into the aisle with one of those large book carts to reshelve the books. she pushed that thing right past me with no problem!!!

we said hi as she passed and then i actually laughed out loud i was so amazed. happy, happy, happy!
  • PaulaKro
    PaulaKro Posts: 5,689 Member
    Options
    So happy for you, Jackie!
  • Canuname
    Canuname Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Completed my first 5k color run in under 45 minutes with major hills.

m0ix0An.jpg

o1FK8ze.jpg

unZ30fl.jpg

5qIhuyY.jpg

z64IEhy.jpg

[img][/img]
  • hollyla9905
    Options
    Amazing job :) great pictures!!!
  • p1xyn1xy
    p1xyn1xy Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    That's awesome Jackie!

Love the pics Canuname! Nice work!!!
  • Singularity84
    Singularity84 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Hello, my name is Jennifer and I am an emotional eater. But today, despite the fact that I had a horribly stressful last couple hours of work, and despite my anxiety being through the roof, I drove straight home from work. I did not stop for ice cream. I did not go through a drive through (sadly, I didn't pass go and collect $200 either, but I suppose you can't have everything). Even better, I did my workout video, had a fairly healthy dinner, talked to a friend, and did not blow my daily calories.

Yay, baby steps!
  • PaulaKro
    PaulaKro Posts: 5,689 Member
    Options
    Hello, my name is Jennifer and I am an emotional eater. But today, despite the fact that I had a horribly stressful last couple hours of work, and despite my anxiety being through the roof, I drove straight home from work. I did not stop for ice cream. I did not go through a drive through (sadly, I didn't pass go and collect $200 either, but I suppose you can't have everything). Even better, I did my workout video, had a fairly healthy dinner, talked to a friend, and did not blow my daily calories.

Yay, baby steps!
    Giant steps!
  • Crystallee145
    Crystallee145 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    @Jennifer that's great! Way to stay away from the drive thru's and get your work out on!

@Canuname - I've always wanted to try a 5k, just a little scared. Your pictures are inspirational.
  • hollyla9905
    Options
    Sounds great Jennifer :)
  • p1xyn1xy
    p1xyn1xy Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Great work Jennifer!!! That's hard, especially when you're stressed! WTG!
  • Canuname
    Options
    Awesome job Jennifer!!! Will power is just like a muscle the more we exercise it the stronger it gets.
  • Canuname
    Options
    hollyla9905 said:
    Amazing job :) great pictures!!!

Thank you. :smile: :happy: :smile:
    p1xyn1xy said:
    That's awesome Jackie!

Love the pics Canuname! Nice work!!!

Thank you. :happy: :smile::happy: