Curious...

Options
lisajsund
lisajsund Posts: 366 Member
Happy Hump Day ladies!!

Just wondering where you set your macros to find your best success. I know we all lose differently and feel our best differently, so I'd just like to get a feel for what you all do or approximate at for your macro goals.

I find I do better at losing when I go low carb. In fact, I've been very good the last two days by averaging about 60 g net carbs. I know MFP includes fiber in the count and that is important to point out.

I currently have my macros set at fat - 50%, protein - 25% and carbs - 25%. I saw great success last fall as I trained for a half marathon eating 30% protein, which was my focus. That naturally brought my carbs down to about 40-45%. Lost a pound a week and it was my best and strongest training season ever.

I have some water weight to lose, so the last two days have been awesome - have seen almost 4 pounds come off. Hopefully I can sustain 2 pounds a week and make my goal by July 1st.

:smile:

Replies

• Amberh82
    Amberh82 Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    This will be of no help....I need to start paying more attention to my macros. lol. I will be listening in though
  • principaljen
    principaljen Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    At this point, for me, just getting back to staying in my calorie range would be a huge improvement. My macros are set to 50% carbs, 30% fat, and 20% protein, which I'm assuming is the default, as I didn't even know you could change these. When I eat at my calorie target consistently, this seems to be a good balance for me.
  • Suzy81123
    Suzy81123 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I have mine set at 50% carbs and 25% each for protein and fat. When I actually follow this structure it works for me, but usually I'm higher on the carbs, but I have recently found things to eat for lunch that I love that are more protein than carbs which is wonderful because it allows me to get the protein I need and not go over on carbs. =)

@principaljen - if you go into the goals setting, choose custom - then you will be able to change the ratio yourself.
  • lisajsund
    lisajsund Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    How much protein do you ladies get daily?
    I know recommendations are set to like 15-20%, but I always find I have more success when I'm closer to 25-30%.
    My goal with the 25% setting is 128 g. Most people try to get 0.8 - 1.2 g of protein per pound of lean tissue.
    You can also go here to get an approximation of how much you should aim for with your activity level.

http://www.proteinsmart.kashi.com/#/calculator