Variety is the Spice of Life

Options
Hi,

I've always been active and have enjoyed exercising. Lately though I have been getting a bit bored.
My workouts include resistance training, yoga, pilates, and kickboxing. I also use elliptical and treadmill.
Curious what you have done to change things up. I purchased some belly dancing DVDs yesterday.
Arizona is so hot in the summer so most activities end up being indoors. Thanks!

Replies

• SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    What are your goals?
  • CrescentCityGirl
    CrescentCityGirl Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Ideally I would like to lose about 10 pounds. This would put me at an ideal weight for my height.
  • CrescentCityGirl
    Options
    I have trouble with my ankle so I have to be careful. Today I did a workout with a much higher incline (14) walking at a slower speed like around 2.5 mph. I felt challenged and my ankle is fine.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Posting here just so it shows up on my feed.

I only lift weights and pretty much just focus on the 'Big 3' with some accessory lifts (which I only do as they help my 'big 3'). I am happy just doing them so do not have much by way of useful suggestions unfortunately. You already have quite a bit of variety.

Maybe you could look to do something where the caloric burn is not the main objective - like martial arts. Also, swimming is a good exercise.
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    I prefer lifting and pretty much despise cardio, but lately I have been taking 2-3 Zumba classes per week at my gym. It is so much fun, and I always get an excellent calorie burn to create that deficit for fat loss.
  • CrescentCityGirl
    Options
    Thank you for the suggestions!!!!!
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    I prefer lifting and pretty much despise cardio, .

^ Me too.
  • CrescentCityGirl
    Options
    Posting here just so it shows up on my feed.

I only lift weights and pretty much just focus on the 'Big 3' with some accessory lifts (which I only do as they help my 'big 3'). I am happy just doing them so do not have much by way of useful suggestions unfortunately. You already have quite a bit of variety.

Maybe you could look to do something where the caloric burn is not the main objective - like martial arts. Also, swimming is a good exercise.
  • CrescentCityGirl
    Options
    Okay, so I picked up some goggles today so I can start swimming. I know it is great exercise and will be a good change for me.

What is the big 3 you refer to? What exercise routine do you follow?
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Okay, so I picked up some goggles today so I can start swimming. I know it is great exercise and will be a good change for me.

What is the big 3 you refer to? What exercise routine do you follow?

Sorry....Squat, Deadlift, Bench Press.

I follow a custom routine, but basically it is a 5 day a week split routine (upper and lower) with the three lifts mentioned above as the focus and assistance work added.