Looking for friends with thyroid problems

Options
PinkyFett
PinkyFett Posts: 842 Member
I have Hashimoto's and have for about 7 years. I am looking for people to add to my support system. :flowerforyou:

Replies

• kcvance
    kcvance Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Add me - have had hashi's for ~20 years.
  • AwesomeLisa
    AwesomeLisa Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Me too. Add me. :0)
  • TXBelle1174
    TXBelle1174 Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    Add me! I have Hashi's/HypoT. I have had it..... well, forever I guess.
  • iamMaLisa
    iamMaLisa Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Me too.. Hashimoto's :)
  • allergictodiets
    allergictodiets Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Good idea. Maybe we should start a sub-group of this one?
  • TractorRosy
    TractorRosy Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Add me. I have Graves disease. I am also seeking others with the same.
  • survivor1952
    survivor1952 Posts: 250 Member
    Options

I'm in if you do.
  • survivor1952
    survivor1952 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Add me if you want. Got Dx about 2 1/2 years ago but have probably had longer.
  • PinkyFett
    PinkyFett Posts: 842 Member
    Options

I'm in if you do.

Same here!
  • MVH26
    MVH26 Posts: 13
    Options
    Oooh! I just got diagnosed as Hashi's after almost two years of being Hypo.

Add me!!
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    I've already added Pinky, and I encourage anyone who's struggling to add me. I was diagnosed with Hashimoto's two years ago, and I still haven't found the correct dosage of meds. I take Synthroid, and my endocrinologist recently added Cytomel.

But I lost the weight. And it's a cliché, but if I did it you can, too. My only secret: logging everything I eat & drink accurately & honestly. I've only missed one day since November 2012.

Logging works.
  • novespecial
    novespecial Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, diagnosed with thyroiditis a few months ago. Started out hyper now normal waiting to see if I go hypo. That is the normal course from what my end told me. Being hyper was a horrible experience. Feel free to add me as well.
  • Fit_Natasha
    Fit_Natasha Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, diagnosed with thyroiditis a few months ago. Started out hyper now normal waiting to see if I go hypo. That is the normal course from what my end told me. Being hyper was a horrible experience. Feel free to add me as well.

Hi, I was hyper, and now it is normal (it's been normal for a year, I am off medication since last December thought). Yes, normally they medicate you until you become hypo and then put you on other medication, most of the time for the rest of your life. But there are other ways to keep your thyroids under control, eating healthy. Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • Czechster
    Czechster Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Add me! I had the left half of my thyroid removed 7 years ago due to a very large growth in my thyroid and have been hypothyroid ever since!
  • chiccam
    chiccam Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Add me....Hashi's with no medication. Finally startingt to see a weight loss.
  • LAT1963
    LAT1963 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options

Hi, I was hyper, and now it is normal (it's been normal for a year, I am off medication since last December thought). Yes, normally they medicate you until you become hypo and then put you on other medication, most of the time for the rest of your life. But there are other ways to keep your thyroids under control, eating healthy. Feel free to add me as a friend.

Eating healthy does squat to control your thyroid condition. Hashimotos is caused by antibodies. Avoiding anything that activates your immune system (viruses, allergens) would have more effect than your diet, unless your diet is abnormally iodine deficient.

Eating healthy will make you feel better in general. So if your Hashimotos is making you feel bad, if you eat poorly you'd also have the symptoms of your bad diet on top of your thyroid symptoms.

So eat healthy but don't suffer the delusion that eating healthy does anything to control or cure your thyroid disease.

Hashimotos waxes and wanes. So if you start eating healthy and your Hashimotos, unrelated to your diet, improves, you might get the impression diet caused the change--but it didn't. Coincidence, not causation.
  • cindyrunner
    cindyrunner Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    You may add me too...
  • Liss_79
    Liss_79 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Another Hashi's here! Add me!