What's your plan for the next 100 days?

Options
Cybaby1
Cybaby1 Posts: 201 Member
What are you going to do for the next 100 days to make sure that you are moving at least 20 minutes? Even if I'm unable to go to the gym, I have committed to putting on my headsets and walking up and down my stairs. Heck, I have been known to just walk around my house moving to the music on my iPod...Whatever you decide to do, just DO IT!!! Talk to me....What are you going to do to make sure you are investing daily in your healthier lifestyle?

Replies

• Krishna_Veni
    Krishna_Veni Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    i am already doing 30 min walk and 20min yoga - sun salutations from one month. i vl continue this for next 100 days and lose atleast 15 to 20lb.
  • Rimi0
    Rimi0 Posts: 14
    Options
    Hi everyone! :)
    I plan on just doing whatever exercise I feel like on any given day. Today I went to Laserquest with my son and we ran around like nuts. Likely other days will be mainly elliptical, light weights, walking, stairs, stretching.
  • Cybaby1
    Options
    Hello there!
    "Hi everyone! :)
    I plan on just doing whatever exercise I feel like on any given day. Today I went to Laserquest with my son and we ran around like nuts. Likely other days will be mainly elliptical, light weights, walking, stairs, stretching. "

Great job! I have to say that it's been a struggle for me every since I dislocated my knee, but now it's healed. I have been easing back into my activities slowly but surely.
  • Cybaby1
    Options
    "i am already doing 30 min walk and 20min yoga - sun salutations from one month. i vl continue this for next 100 days and lose atleast 15 to 20lb."

Yes...I bet you will lose. You can do this!
  • cheekitty
    cheekitty Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I'm working up to 20 minutes a day on the elliptical. I found that if I set my ipad to block the clock, it's a lot easier to keep going, as I'm not watching the minutes and counting them til I get off.

Hoping this thread will help keep me motivated and on-track! :)
  • menchette
    menchette Posts: 4
    Options
    Hi there,

Thanks for creating this group. I took my bike in for a tune up and am planning on
    riding for at least 20 min a day. I live at the beach so no excuses. I am in finals
    week and school ends on Wed. so I have to lose this
    freshman 15!

xoxo
  • Cybaby1
    Options
    I'm working up to 20 minutes a day on the elliptical. I found that if I set my ipad to block the clock, it's a lot easier to keep going, as I'm not watching the minutes and counting them til I get off.

I remember when I first got on the elliptical and 2 minutes on it, almost knocked me out...lol However, it's all about taking it in small pieces.. LOVE the fact that you're doing it. I MUST listen to music when I'm on the elliptical because I do find myself looking at the clock too. I get so into my music that it blocks out everything else. Before my accident (dislocated knee), I was doing an hour on the elliptical. Now, I can barely do five minutes, but it's all about baby steps. Keep it moving!
  • Cybaby1
    Options
    Hi there,

Thanks for creating this group. I took my bike in for a tune up and am planning on
    riding for at least 20 min a day. I live at the beach so no excuses. I am in finals
    week and school ends on Wed. so I have to lose this
    freshman 15!

xoxo

The beach......I so envy you! You know, it's such an exercise just to walk on the beach...I guess because of the sand. I was in Cali for work and decided to go to the beach. I tell ya...I realized how out of shape I was. You can do this!!!!
  • TahoeHeathen
    Options
    This is a great group. I hope I can motivate myself, have a crazy schedule with work, but I plan on getting off my butt. I do some Zumba and the Spartacus workout with a sprinkling of some lifting. Gotta get a beach body so I can rock the beaches around home.

Good luck to you all!
  • Cybaby1
    Options
    This is a great group. I hope I can motivate myself, have a crazy schedule with work, but I plan on getting off my butt. I do some Zumba and the Spartacus workout with a sprinkling of some lifting. Gotta get a beach body so I can rock the beaches around home.

Good luck to you all!

I know about Zumba but I never heard of Spartacus. Gotta do some research! Thanks for joining!
  • catladyksa
    catladyksa Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    I am aiming to do several things that I have started, but sort of fizzled out on. I walk on the treadmill (watching TV..so no clock watching there), I have several DVD's like Zumba, hip hop walk, kettlebells, line dancing etc...so I will do SOMETHING....each day....NO EXCUSES for me!!! Looking forward to working/exercising with you all!!!
  • Cybaby1
    Options
    I am aiming to do several things that I have started, but sort of fizzled out on. I walk on the treadmill (watching TV..so no clock watching there), I have several DVD's like Zumba, hip hop walk, kettlebells, line dancing etc...so I will do SOMETHING....each day....NO EXCUSES for me!!! Looking forward to working/exercising with you all!!!

I feel you because I have HUGE library of Leslie Sansone that I could pull out. We just have to do it. I'm so glad you accepted the challenge.
  • catladyksa
    catladyksa Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    I feel you because I have HUGE library of Leslie Sansone that I could pull out. We just have to do it. I'm so glad you accepted the challenge.
    [/quote]

I have a lot more....Dancing with Richard Simmons, Yoga, Yoga for dummies, Pilates, 30 day shred...I could go on and on...but I would first have to brush the DUST off of most of them! lol
  • lavalovelife
    Options
    Hi everone! I cant afford a gym membership right now and there is litterally no room to do my beachbody videos so Im getting my butt out the door instead lol I also plan to do a minimum of 20 min of walking a day but i try and go for about an hour and recently ive tried running during my walk :)
    - Amy
  • Gardening every day, plus walking soon running. Trying to make friends in my area but its hard... any one in salem, oregon!!!! :-)
  • Want2BeBetter
    Want2BeBetter Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I'm getting a fair bit of walking in and want to keep that up. Also I would like to start riding, horses and bikes. :)
    Lifting weights would also be good.
    Looking for work at the moment and I'm applying for anything that I think might keep me on my feet for a bit longer each day.
  • pinkyslippers
    pinkyslippers Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone

I'm planning to complete P90X3 - today is day 2! :smile:

I also want to increase my walking.
  • ceemaw
    ceemaw Posts: 306 Member
    Options

I remember when I first got on the elliptical and 2 minutes on it, almost knocked me out...lol However, it's all about taking it in small pieces.. LOVE the fact that you're doing it. I MUST listen to music when I'm on the elliptical because I do find myself looking at the clock too. I get so into my music that it blocks out everything else. Before my accident (dislocated knee), I was doing an hour on the elliptical. Now, I can barely do five minutes, but it's all about baby steps. Keep it moving!

yes! i forced myself to love the elliptical (i could barely make it a full minute at first) because of my bad knees - it's much easier on them than running. now i do 30-40 minutes several times a week. i'm also planning to go to more fitness classes at the ymca, take my dogs and kids for short walks, and pay attention to my vivofit (which gets a red bar across the top if i'm inactive for too long). i also find myself doing things like jogging in place at my desk or in the kitchen several times a day, thanks to the vivofit red bar of shame. :)
  • Cybaby1
    Options
    Hi everone! I cant afford a gym membership right now and there is litterally no room to do my beachbody videos so Im getting my butt out the door instead lol I also plan to do a minimum of 20 min of walking a day but i try and go for about an hour and recently ive tried running during my walk :)
    - Amy

Circuit training is awesome. If I walk on a track, I run the curves and walk the long. If I'm feeling very spify, I will run the longs and walk the curves. Keep going!!! You can do it!!!!
  • Cybaby1
    Options

yes! i forced myself to love the elliptical (i could barely make it a full minute at first) because of my bad knees - it's much easier on them than running. now i do 30-40 minutes several times a week. i'm also planning to go to more fitness classes at the ymca, take my dogs and kids for short walks, and pay attention to my vivofit (which gets a red bar across the top if i'm inactive for too long). i also find myself doing things like jogging in place at my desk or in the kitchen several times a day, thanks to the vivofit red bar of shame. :)

Fit it in anywhere you can!!!! You go lady!