Breakfast ideas!

Options
RNmomto3
RNmomto3 Posts: 15 Member
I'm going to start atkins tomorrow (going grocery shopping after work!) and need breakfast ideas! The catch?? I'm allergic to eggs!! So any egg free breakfast ideas that will keep me full?

Replies

• melodymedlin
    melodymedlin Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I personally like candian bacon for breakfast as its quick to fix. Also I added in almonds some mornings (even though its not on induction) and I tend to try assorted things. Hope you get good advice on all ideas to try. Good luck!
  • LadyALB
    LadyALB Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Some of my favorite breakfasts are left-overs from dinner. I also do coconut oil. I put it in my coffee or just take a tablespoon by mouth which may be off-putting at first but you really don't feel the oil in the mouth and you are left with a mild coconut taste. The added fat and calories keep me going for a hours. It adds mental clarity and gives me fantastic energy, not to mention it puts you into deeper ketosis. Additionally, there are lots of great recipes on the many "Paleo" websites too. Paleo is like Atkins but a little more restrictive as they don't any dairy or anything pre-packaged. But most, if not all of their recipes work for us. I am particularly fond of the pumpkin pancake recipe I found on the "Paleo Leap" website. Good luck with your Atkins experience.
  • cubouldergirl
    Options
    Bump!
  • VaporDeb
    VaporDeb Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    This link has a ton of amazing induction recipes. I'm not sure you will find what you are looking for specifically but you will certainly find something awesome!!! http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=313288
  • Nano1360
    Nano1360 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    My favorites are 1 baked(or fried) tomato with lots of cheddar cheese (around 2 net carbs), a scoop of isolate whey protein (1 net carb), or 2 chicken sausage and cheddar cheese (2 net carbs)! Cheese feels you up! Its satisfying and if its cheddar its has zero net carbs (bonus)!
  • amberecochran
    amberecochran Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Bullet Proof Coffee

black coffee
    1 tbsp coconut oil
    1 tbsp butter

Its awesome and fills you up!