What's happening, please help

Options
Misslove36
Misslove36 Posts: 89 Member
I have been told I'm perimenapausle, I am also extremely over weight so the hot flushes are aaaaaaaaaaa

I need to know, how do you cope with the mood swings, I have no confidence at all, but when the hormones go crazy I feel like I am losing control.

Does anyone else get like this, I feel like I am going crazy!!!

Unfortunately I lost my mum to cancer 4 years ago so don't have her to turn to for advice

Replies

• debneeds2beskinny
    debneeds2beskinny Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    nope - you aren't crazy! If you are, then heaven help us because we are all going nuts! Menopause can create great mood swings and cravings. To me it was almost like being pregnant, the hormones are just running wild. I would suggest a visit to your doc and discuss the options with him. There are many people who favor hormone therapy and many who don't, you have to make up your own mind and do some research. I personally just took soy tablets (inexpensive and over the counter) They take a few weeks to kick in, but that is all I needed. I consider myself pretty lucky. Many others have to get more assistance.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    I agree. See your doc. Ask them for a plan A, plan B, plan C or something. i.e., don't let them push you into ONE plan without discussing alternatives with you.

I used bio-identical progesterone for a while, then added bio-identical estrogen for a while. My doc was on board with that. That was my plan B (A was do nothing, C was regular HRT).
  • cdfh60
    cdfh60 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Did you notice any weight gain with the bio-identicals?
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Did you notice any weight gain with the bio-identicals?
    About 5LBS with the progesterone.
  • lmjblues
    lmjblues Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I know it's kinda cliché but I have found that exercise REALLY helps with the mood swings and the hot flashes. I feel MUCH better with consistent exercise. Currently, I am not taking any hormones... I changed my diet and increased my exercise, to almost daily, and I'm feeling much better.

It's amazing, but what we eat really does affect us differently as we age. I've had to eliminate most of the processed foods... white breads, rice, etc... just to feel semi-normal. I know it seems like a huge sacrifice, but once you get through that period of adjustment you will find you feel so much better...then it becomes your new norm. :)

Good luck to you!! We are all in this together.

Lisa