looking for support pals!

Options
Hey All!

My name is Destiny! Started Induction on Tuesday along with my "IIFYM" protocol. Because I'm not too comfy without knowing my calories..I was able to put the two programs together. trying to eat between 1500-1800 calories a day given workouts but remain at 18-22 grams of carbs & around a 100-130 grams of protien (I normally would take this higher) but wish not to be kicked out of ketosis once that happens. Keeping fats at 60-100.

When I did "IIFYM" my number were almost the same for what atkins was asking but with "IIFYM" you can have healthy carbs or like some folks anything you want to eat as long as it fits your macro nutrients but I decided to blend the two by only eating the Atkins approved foods.

Anyone want to be my friend to motivate each other! Share meals?

I did block my diary only because I don't want my non Atkins or IIFYM's folks asking why I'm eating tons of coconut oil! lol!

Blessings,
Destiny

Replies

• lorarte
    lorarte Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, I do low carb / high fat and I log in each day
    L
  • AmyMS86
    AmyMS86 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, as well!
  • kamaperry
    kamaperry Posts: 885 Member
    Options
    add all 3 of you!
  • rlengland2014
    rlengland2014 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me!
  • strawmama
    strawmama Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, I've just jumped back on the keto wagon after a two week hiatus :)
  • hottieunderconstruction
    Options
    You can add me, as well. I'm on MFP, daily. Good luck!
  • jlebo0710
    jlebo0710 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. Been doing keto again for about a month. I login & track daily. Always looking for friends with a similar goal. :)
  • SnowFlinga
    SnowFlinga Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Hey All!

My name is Destiny! Started Induction on Tuesday along with my "IIFYM" protocol. Because I'm not too comfy without knowing my calories..I was able to put the two programs together. trying to eat between 1500-1800 calories a day given workouts but remain at 18-22 grams of carbs & around a 100-130 grams of protien (I normally would take this higher) but wish not to be kicked out of ketosis once that happens. Keeping fats at 60-100.

When I did "IIFYM" my number were almost the same for what atkins was asking but with "IIFYM" you can have healthy carbs or like some folks anything you want to eat as long as it fits your macro nutrients but I decided to blend the two by only eating the Atkins approved foods.

Anyone want to be my friend to motivate each other! Share meals?

I did block my diary only because I don't want my non Atkins or IIFYM's folks asking why I'm eating tons of coconut oil! lol!

Blessings,
    Destiny
    I would recommend that you reconsider your macros. Your protein is most likely too high and your fat is too low.
  • meggers84
    meggers84 Posts: 17
    Options
    Add me if you like! Im new to this keto stuff so any support is awesome!
  • l3eware0f4ire
    l3eware0f4ire Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I always welcome new friends! I log daily and stay pretty low carb but on around two days a week I got between 30-40 so I can get some sleep. Have horrible insomnia when my carbs are lower then 20.
  • Booksandbeaches
    Booksandbeaches Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    . trying to eat between 1500-1800 calories a day given workouts but remain at 18-22 grams of carbs & around a 100-130 grams of protien (I normally would take this higher) but wish not to be kicked out of ketosis once that happens. Keeping fats at 60-100.
    Destiny

The fat intake should be higher than the protein intake otherwise you may have the protein converted to carbs by the body. 100-130 grams is a lot of protein in my opinion for a woman doing a ketogenic diet. I don't know what you do all day, but my personal experience is 50-75 grams keeps me in ketosis.
  • Flippawasere
    Options
    Hi. I've been doing keto for 3 weeks now and 5 lbs down and loving it. Would love to have other keto friends who understand this great lifestyle so feel free to add me. :)
  • Want2BeBetter
    Want2BeBetter Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    To me you ratio's seem fine. Looks very similar to the range that the keto calculator gave me. It really depends on the person, you just need to notice it for yourself if it works for you. Some body's are more sensitive. I'm lucky, I can eat 50g sometimes more of carbs and stay in ketosis, others go over 20g and it's no good.

The grams of fat don't have to be more than the protien. I often do have more but it really does make a difference how active you are and if your using your muscles then you don't want to go to low with protien. I don't eat the maximum protien but apparentley I could go up to 143g if I wanted to.

The calories are what your percentages come from and since fat is higher in calories it looks like lots more sometimes. I feel miserable if I go everyday at the lowest protien.

Fasting encourages the body towards ketosis anyway so the is that.

Also I sent a friends request. :)
  • GoodTXGrl
    GoodTXGrl Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    HI! Add me I'm looking for friends and encouragement! :smile:
  • angieshubin
    angieshubin Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. LCHF
  • dustycotton
    dustycotton Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me =)
  • mdegges
    mdegges Posts: 4
    Options
    Ditto! I still have a long ways to go... would be nice to have some company :)
  • hellowaffle
    hellowaffle Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Is it too late to jump on this train? I would also love some friends and support
  • Semifredo
    Semifredo Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me
  • DogwoodFlowers
    Options
    Me too! I've been on Keto for about 3 weeks.