Halfway thru Phase 1

Options
megot78
megot78 Posts: 31 Member
I just finished up Week 2 and found this group. Looking to see if anyone else is in Phase 1 and actively posting on the boards. I'm scared for Workouts 3 & 4. But it's all good. I'm gonna do it! :embarassed:

Replies

• laura9400
    laura9400 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I tried 3&4, but they were a bit beyond me at this point. I plan on trying to build up on some of her other stuff and then attempt again.
  • jenelkaye
    jenelkaye Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I ordered this last week so I'll be starting next Monday! I feel like a 30 minute workout is a very reasonable commitment. My biggest challenge has always been keeping my calorie intake low enough to lose weight. I'm a terrible evening snacker! But I will be following a 1200 calorie/day diet, as MFP suggests, and probably eating back some of my exercise calories, but maybe not all of them. I figure I probably underestimate calories anyway, so if I aim for 1000-1200 calories, my intake will probably end up being closer to the 1200 mark anyway. ;-)
  • sleafers
    sleafers Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I'll be starting week 2 today! Last week was rough, but good. I feel stronger already!

We can do it - as she says, 30 minutes a day is all she asks :) I've made it to somewhere in week 3 or 4 and then given up, but this time I'm determined to keep on truckin'!
  • megot78
    megot78 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Workouts 3 & 4 are significantly harder than 1 & 2. I am struggling, but I definitely felt a difference after 1 & 2 so I can't imagine how i will feel after 3 & 4 are completed.
  • MariaJ98
    MariaJ98 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I would have to agree 3&4 were tough, I gave up at this level three times plus alot of stress in my life. With all that behind me I am going to try again. I an on week one will start week two on Monday. But I am determined this time. I will do it. Feel free to add me if you want.
  • sleafers
    sleafers Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I just did workout 3 for the first time this round, yesterday. Holy toledo! It was tough but I was excited to manage half the push-ups on my feet instead of knees. And I did as she asked "try one!" on a couple things. Luckily no one was watching because I literally fell over, but at least I tried!

:)

Gonna keep going! Are you all?
  • MiSandy
    MiSandy Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    This was my first week of workouts 3 and 4. They were much more complex than the first two (and harder) but I actually like them! Especially #4. Burned 380 calories vs 270 with the first 2 work outs. You will do great I'm sure - totally here to cheer you on!
  • maroonmango211
    maroonmango211 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    Way to go getting past the first few days! The first week of each different phase is the hardest, during the first time around each video I usually end up cursing the screen and wanting to turn it off, but I don't and my body is thankful (and sore) for it. I am currently on the last stretch with workouts 11 and 12 and cardio 3 (which is killer but so fun). Keep pushing and you can get through it, it really is a great program.
  • Its_just_alicia
    Options
    I just started workout 3 today. It was so hard. I'm also struggling with only eating 1200 calories a day. Please add me as a friend as I need encouragement. I weigh 182 and want to get down to 155. I'm 41 years old. I feel great so far and am looking forward to finishing this program.
  • Its_just_alicia
    Options
    I'm struggling with eating so few calories.:(
  • Its_just_alicia
    Options
    I'm struggling with eating so few calories.:(
  • Celestine27
    Celestine27 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I've started it again. I managed to get to phase 3 last time but it killed me! Almost finished week 1 phase 1. I'm not giving up this time! Even if the cardio kills me!!
  • Celestine27
    Options
    30 day shred is very good for building up stamina, I found it brutal when I first started, now I find it rather easy.
  • gfit123
    gfit123 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I'm finished week 1, but I missed one cardio 1 session. I was just too tired! I realize that to lose weight MFP is the key. When I log my calories, I see that there is NO way i can just consume 1200cal a day as JMBR suggests. Also, I see that I snack a lot more than I thought I did. I've got to cut that down - will increasing protein in my diet help?

Another thing, at 1500cal, MFP says my sugar max is 61g! That's impossible for me, even if I give up candy, chocolate, cookies, etc. and limit myself to fruit! I am on the 21 day junk food elimination group to try to work through this.

Anyone else look at their sugar consumption lately?
  • Celestine27
    Options
    Just finished week one and lost 2lb. Feeling motivated. Was not going to do day 6 but I powered through and felt great!
  • gfit123
    gfit123 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I finished week 2 and have lost about 2 lbs since starting. I'm eating back my calories and more so I'm not getting the results in weight loss I'd like to see. But I sure am firming up. I was able to fit (snugly) into last year's late summer shorts this week - I couldn't even zip up at the beginning of the month.
  • itsjustmish
    itsjustmish Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I just started week three today. I found Workouts 1 & 2 pretty easy, and the Cardio workout isn't too bad either. Workout 3 was definitely a step up, and I'm excited to try Workout 4 tomorrow.

If anyone wants to add me as a friend then please feel free! :)
  • bunnylion
    bunnylion Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Today is my last day of workout 2. This means I have to start workouts 3&4 and I'm completely scared!

I do want to complete the program but I also want to respect my body's limits. I think my body just does not get stronger as fast as the workouts get harder... So what to do? Do another week with the first workouts or move on but modify more?
    I'm afraid I will be overwhelmed and frustrated and give up...
  • boxfish100
    boxfish100 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Hi Bunnylion. I've just moved to workouts 3 and 4 and honestly workout 3 wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be (I did the 30 Day Shred in July and some of the exercises are repeated from that, so maybe that is why?). You could always give workout 3 and 4 a try and if they are presenting too much of a jump in intensity then you could always switch back to workouts 1 & 2. Looking back at 30 Day Shred, I know that if I waited until I felt ready to move on from level 1 to level 2 I would still be working on level 1 today! Other people with a lot more experience than me probably can provide more insight and comments though - but I wanted to say hang in there and maybe try it out! You might surprise yourself with what you can do.
  • boobear7
    boobear7 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I am on Week 3 and will be doing workout 4 tonight. Week 1 & 2 seemed really great to me, just enough challenge but I was able to do it all. I had a little difficulty with workout 3 but hoping workout 4 isn't to bad. I have just decided I will just keep trying even if it is difficult!! One day I will be able to do it all! good luck ladies!!!