Let's have some laughs - Benefits of being single

Options

Replies

• libbyco2208
    libbyco2208 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    *I do what I want, when I want
    *I listen to music really LOUD with out being told to turn it down
    *The only person who gets woken up by my snoring is me :)
  • Swilla_Swole
    Swilla_Swole Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    1. I get the remote ALL to MYSELF! :)

Good one. But hasn't anyone ever taught you, sharing is caring, lol?
  • trudywc2
    trudywc2 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I don't have to wait until my next paycheck to pay the bills that were due in this paycheck because I never know how much of MY salary is going to be left be her (who refuses to have a job) for me to pay bills.

Heck, just being able to handle my money how I want to.

^^^^^^THIS
  • rueruechika
    rueruechika Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I can drink straight from the carton!! No sense in making a perfectly clean glass dirty.
  • Joannah700
    Joannah700 Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options
    It doesn't matter if I eat dinner super late
    I can be optimistic
    Don't have to deal with paranoia that the world is an evil, evil place and people have bad intentions
    The sheets don't ride up half-way up the bed
    I can eat butter WITH salt
    I can open the windows and curtains - screw privacy I want light!
    I can attempt any project I want
  • Temporalia
    Temporalia Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    Based on what I knew about relationship (mostly bad ones), the benefits of me being single are:

- My mood doesn't have to depend on someone else's mood when I get home.
    - I can watch whatever movie, documentary or tv show I want, all day if I want to
    - I can go on trips on my own and learn more about myself without having to keep in touch with anyone back home (I love losing track of time on vacation).
    - I can eat what I want when I want, don't have to make dinner for anyone
    - I can spend my Friday nights alone, at home, in my PJs, drinking wine, watching crap tv, reading and just enjoying time on my own without having to entertain anyone else after a long week at work
    -Do what I want, where I want and when I want.

and so on :laugh:
  • Ump78
    Ump78 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Financial independence is HUGE
    The next luxury car I buy.....MINE
    Noone questioning my every move
    The lights I turn off STAY OFF!!!!!!
    The freedom to search for the woman that's searching for me
    ........last but not certainly not least........
    I CAN HAVE SEX AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Ump78
    Options
    being OCD about cleaning and putting things away without dealing with someone elses non-ocd tendancies lol
    This! My clean house STAYS clean!
  • scrapalooza
    scrapalooza Posts: 335 Member
    Options

bwhahahahaha! right!
  • Ump78
    Options

bwhahahahaha! right!
    at least with a partner :wink:
  • RonnaAustin1111
    RonnaAustin1111 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    everything!! I do what I want, when I want, how I want, all on my own terms... After two long-term failed marriages, I'm digging being single!!! Have been for 7 years now.
  • curvytattooedprincess
    Options
    Not having shave my legs everyday
    Having money ams freedom
    Not having someone complain at the weird hours I do
  • sweetcurlz67
    sweetcurlz67 Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options

bwhahahahaha! right!
    at least with a partner :wink:

That wasn't my issue... I can't have sex again & ENJOY ITTTT!!!! my OWN terms!!!

Eta: he was abusive
  • MonaLisaSmile717
    MonaLisaSmile717 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Breaking Bad marathon this weekend in my pjs! Though the crappy eating didn't help... But I'm well into Season 1!
  • Joannah700
    Joannah700 Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options
    I'm going to buy a duvet cover with lace. AND buy a Super warm duvet.

AND... I won't ever wake up in the middle of the night with only one corner of the duvet.

It's going to be mine. ALL mine.
  • Peloton73
    Peloton73 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I'm watching 10 Things I Hate About You without shame or guilt. Yes, I like cheesy movies from days gone by. Lol.
  • katjennings
    katjennings Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    terra32903 wrote: »
    Being able to satisfy oneself in bed without having a second person think that is an invitation/requirement to include them. Was that nicely phrased? LOL

phrasing was fine but i think you should consider this in the future...everyone loves some teamwork, if he (or she if that's your thing) can't finish the job just keep going after he/she is done, problem solved! he gets what he wants, your arm gets a break, it's win-win :laugh:

Maybe I am not a team player? Or maybe the other member of the team made me prefer the company of myself? If its not pleasurable, don't I have a responsibility to myself to make it so? Doesn't mean I want it this way forever LOL
    Being able to satisfy oneself in bed without having a second person think that is an invitation/requirement to include them. Was that nicely phrased? LOL

phrasing was fine but i think you should consider this in the future...everyone loves some teamwork, if he (or she if that's your thing) can't finish the job just keep going after he/she is done, problem solved! he gets what he wants, your arm gets a break, it's win-win :laugh:

Maybe I am not a team player? Or maybe the other member of the team made me prefer the company of myself? If its not pleasurable, don't I have a responsibility to myself to make it so? Doesn't mean I want it this way forever LOL

• katjennings
    katjennings Posts: 31 Member
    Options

I'm loving not having sex with anyone else. I get tired of the whining and the need for constant validation. I especially get tired of hearing about someone else's fantasies.
  • maggiegbrown
    maggiegbrown Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Being naked all day if I want, sleeping naked!
    eating what and when I want.
    toilet seat is always down.
    Not having to check in when I am out.
    Not having to give a blow by blow of what I will be doing when I'm out and how long it will take and what my ETA will be.
    Not having to answer the phone on both his breaks and lunch to talk about what I am doing and who has come over and am I alone.
    Oh I could go on!!!
    I love being alone!
  • natsrobinson88
    natsrobinson88 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    1) I can starfish in bed
    2) share the bed with my cat
    3) no arguing over the tv remote
    4) don't have to spend 30 minutes trying to decide what to have for dinner because the spouse doesn't fancy it
    5) I can go out when I want
    6) I don't have to shave my legs, armpits ect
    7) I can wear granny pants and be comfortable without being judged
    8) I can go to bed super early
    9) I can stay in bed on my days off (when I don't have my son)
    10) I don't have to worry about checking plans with a spouse before confirming plans with friends/family