June 2014 Check-ins

Options
teamryan90
teamryan90 Posts: 359 Member
This is my last week of P90X. I have lost 19 pounds so far in my 2nd round of P90X. I also am running 3 days a week preparing for 5K and 10K runs. I ran my first 5K in April and just completed my 2nd 5K a few weeks ago.

Please feel free to post weekly or daily and share anything you like including any questions. For those who are interested and those who want more accountability feel free to join my Total Team Beachbody Support and Motivation Group on Facebook. The link is below for anyone interested.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/527307200663612

Replies

• alexsandstrom1982
    Options
    I am on my 3rd month of P90X. I have lost 4 more pounds since my last weigh-in. 91 pounds shed in less than an year thanks to a few rounds of Power 90 and on month 3 of P90X. I am feeling great. I am looking forward to bringing it and finishing the last 30 days strong!!!

Keep up the great workouts everyone.
  • beckyyates
    beckyyates Posts: 85
    Options
    Tony Horton 10 minute trainers, running, and kettle bells have been my workouts the past few months. I have starting running and hiking as well. Summer has not been the warmest but I will make the most of it.

Keep going strong everyone. You all are doing great.
  • jessa271
    jessa271 Posts: 67
    Options
    Hey everyone!

I've taken a few months off from working out & dieting due to a terrible bout of recurring depression, but I got back on the horse tonight & started Insanity for the 2nd time. Shaun T is EXACTLY what I need to get myself back into the right frame of mind. I loved Insanity the first time, I've done both Asylum series and T25 as well, but Insanity was my favorite & I'm always so proud to wear my t-shirt. I've been feeling guilty wearing it lately since I finished Insanity in October. The fit test was so much harder than I remembered, probably because I'd been working out daily for 45-60 mins for almost a year before I did it whereas I've been sitting on my butt for 3 months now. But at least I finally got up, right?

Wish me luck!
  • EniBee
    EniBee Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I am back to regular exercise. Started Focus T25 today.

I completed Insanity last November and decided to start over again.

After completing month 1, I developed some pain on my side this was in December. So, I decide to give up on month two and fell back into not exercising regularly. Once the pain subsided, I started running 5K only on Saturdays. I am now back with T25. I will be following the meal plan, so hopefully should see some results.
  • crsrchk
    crsrchk Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Just getting started again. I'm trying to decide if I should start w/ Pump or Combat or a combo. Any thoughts would be welcome.
  • EniBee
    Options
    On T25, am I supposed to eat my workout calories? I am following the meal plan, which is either 1200 or 1600 calories.

Thanks.
  • jessa271
    jessa271 Posts: 67
    Options
    I didn't lose any weight with T25 (I was doubling the workouts), so if I ever do it again, I wouldn't eat back the calories. But it could be personal - see how you do after the first week and how you feel and if you're losing, then continue accordingly. Good luck!
  • teamryan90
    Options
    Hey everyone!

I've taken a few months off from working out & dieting due to a terrible bout of recurring depression, but I got back on the horse tonight & started Insanity for the 2nd time. Shaun T is EXACTLY what I need to get myself back into the right frame of mind. I loved Insanity the first time, I've done both Asylum series and T25 as well, but Insanity was my favorite & I'm always so proud to wear my t-shirt. I've been feeling guilty wearing it lately since I finished Insanity in October. The fit test was so much harder than I remembered, probably because I'd been working out daily for 45-60 mins for almost a year before I did it whereas I've been sitting on my butt for 3 months now. But at least I finally got up, right?

Wish me luck!

It is great to have you back. Good luck. You can do it. I am glad you are back at it. When I am depressed a good butt kicking working tends to help me out alot and get my mind clear of things bothering me.
  • teamryan90
    Options
    Just getting started again. I'm trying to decide if I should start w/ Pump or Combat or a combo. Any thoughts would be welcome.

If you have done both before then I would do a combo to switch things up. Either way both are great programs.
  • teamryan90
    Options
    On T25, am I supposed to eat my workout calories? I am following the meal plan, which is either 1200 or 1600 calories.

Thanks.

I agree with Jess that it is a personal thing. Everybody is different. I only ate back half my workout calories and I got to my goal weight with no problems. I have seen success with eating calories back and not eating back. It is important to make sure your body is getting enough calories. It can take some fine tuning to find out what is best for you.
  • EniBee
    Options
    Hi All,

Thanks for all your comments. I have decided to only eat some of my calories and balance it out throughout the week.

Although T25 is not as difficult as Insanity, I am finding it a bit of a struggle! This morning for example, I started Alpha Total Body Curcilt, but I had to give up after 4 minutes. I did not have enough energy to continue. I felt much better after my protein shake and was able to do the workout 1 hour later.

I usually try and do my exercise early (5AM) before going to work. I guess the solution would be to have my protien shake before I start.