Individual Advice Please

Options

Replies

• SunKissed1989
    SunKissed1989 Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    That's no bother - like I said, it's been so hectic over the last few weeks making it hard to stay on track. Not even had the chance to workout this week because of uni stuff! Having workout withdrawal symptoms I think...
  • SunKissed1989
    Options
    Bumping with a wee update:

The weekend was rather all over the place - finished my last piece of coursework which was promptly followed by an Indian meal with my classmates and night out - the rest of the weekend ensued and, combined with no workouts whatsoever, my weight shot up. However, the last 2 days have been pretty much straight forward - back to working out and this morning my weight was down to 145.8lbs again.
    I'm going home this weekend to spend Easter with my family and to catch up with some friends so won't be logging, but will try to get a workout or 2 in that time and be more aware of what I'm eating (and how much I'm eating).

I'm tempted to stick at the goals you set for me until it's been a significant period of sticking to it (like, no weekends away, meals out etc...life does get in the way though). However, if there's anything else you can recommend, let me know :smile:
  • misslovely97
    misslovely97 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Woah. This sounds so annoying.
    Your dedication inspires me.
    Had it been me, I would have long ago given up lol

20296778.png
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Bumping with a wee update:

The weekend was rather all over the place - finished my last piece of coursework which was promptly followed by an Indian meal with my classmates and night out - the rest of the weekend ensued and, combined with no workouts whatsoever, my weight shot up. However, the last 2 days have been pretty much straight forward - back to working out and this morning my weight was down to 145.8lbs again.
    I'm going home this weekend to spend Easter with my family and to catch up with some friends so won't be logging, but will try to get a workout or 2 in that time and be more aware of what I'm eating (and how much I'm eating).

I'm tempted to stick at the goals you set for me until it's been a significant period of sticking to it (like, no weekends away, meals out etc...life does get in the way though). However, if there's anything else you can recommend, let me know :smile:

That sounds like a good plan to be honest.

With the stress of your coursework and the (understandable) variability in your tracking, eating and exercise, water (and food) weight fluctuations can easily mask trends in the short term.

Just try to be conscious of making good choices (within reason as you still want to have a good time with your family) - then when you get back, start logging and sticking to the targets we gave you. After a week, could you give us an update as to where you are

And huge apologies for all the delays we have had in responding to your thread.
  • SunKissed1989
    Options
    Woah. This sounds so annoying.
    Your dedication inspires me.
    Had it been me, I would have long ago given up lol

20296778.png

Trust me, there have been times when I have come close to giving up, however, I set myself a goal a long time ago and I'm determined to reach it. People keep telling me my weight's fine (which, technically, it is, I'm at a healthy BMI albeit only just) and I am happy with my body overall, however, I want to iron out the creases and get to that goal I set for myself :smile:

Sara - no worries about the delays...it's given me time to try and get things back on track (which hasn't been successful given the stress I've been under). I'll be back with an update after a consistent week :smile:
  • SunKissed1989
    Options
    Hi, I just wanted to get back with an update as things haven't really settled back to normal for me and I'm getting a bit concerned. It's not been quite a week yet, but my last 3 weigh-ins have been 149.6lbs and I'm getting stressed, upset and disheartened at seeing that number on the scale. I got so frustrated a few days ago that I actually slammed my scales down and ended up breaking them. I went out and bought a new set (the same ones) and am getting more and more tempted to slam them on something hard.

I know I was quite 'bad' over my Easter weekend at home but never thought my weight would just shoot up and refuse to go back down again.
    I'm very tempted to do a 'fast day'...kinda like the 5:2 thing (which I tried for a bit over the Summer last year) at least until my weight goes down a little bit but not sure if that would really 'solve' my problems.

I'm done with uni assignments and want to feel like I'm in total control of my fitness and weight loss, but I just feel like I've lost complete control, not only physically, but mentally. I know it's not been a week, but, to be honest, I don't see the scale budging from 149.6lbs any time soon...

Please help!!
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options
    As you note, its only been a few days and water weight can fluctuate a lot.

If you have been logging accurately, you will be at a deficit - you need to be patient and not focus on what the scale says on a daily basis.
  • SunKissed1989
    Options
    Hi again,
    I've got another week's worth of weigh-ins as an update. This last week's been more stable and things seem to be back to normal after the Easter break and such so here they are:

5th May: 149
    6th May: 148.8
    7th May: 147.8
    8th May: 147
    9th May: 148.2
    10th May: 147.4
    11th May: 146.8
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options
    Hi!

On looking at your diary, you look to be doing pretty good with your logging. You have one missing day and possibly are missing dinner for the day before, but your averages are generally well in line with what we recommended, assuming that the missing day/meal does not skew the averages too much.

Could you keep logging as accurately as possible for one more week - it looks as though what was mainly water weight has stabilized so we would like to see if the downward trend continues on those numbers.
  • SunKissed1989
    Options
    The missing day and meal was from last weekend when I went home overnight and my mum took myself an my brother out for lunch as part of his 30th birthday so couldn't log then.

I'm going out for lunch on Friday this week and next Tuesday but will note that alongside my weigh ins and try to make good choices when out...life gets in the way!

Thanks again :smile:
  • SunKissed1989
    Options
    Here's another week's worth of weigh-ins:

12th May: 146
    13th May: 145.2
    14th May: 146 (went out for lunch with my flatmates at a buffet - didn't log anything due to lack of info)
    15th May: 146.6
    16th May: 146.6 (went out for lunch with my cousins - calorie info was available from the restaurant but no macro info - note made in my diary)
    17th May: 146.4
    18th May: 146
  • SunKissed1989
    Options
    2 day bump...

also weigh-ins for the last 2 days:

19th May: 146.8
    20th May: 147.2

I'm really at a loss again - thought I was back on track but it seems I'm cursed to stay at the upper end of the 140s...:cry:
  • SunKissed1989
    Options
    another bump...

21st May: 147.4
    22nd May: 146.8
  • sassyjae21
    sassyjae21 Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    I don't have any weight loss advice, but I do want to give you some encouragement. I was stuck at the same weight for about a month and a half to two months.

Don't give up. It WILL come off.
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    We will take a look at this over the weekend, probably sunday.
  • SunKissed1989
    Options
    HELP!!

I moved back home this weekend, my scales are in my bathroom and are reading a 7lbs increase - I don't know if this is due to water weight, me being laid back during this move (and unannounced family coming over which meant eating more) or a change of environment for the scales or whatever. Surely I can't have put on a whole 7lbs...right? I did a test of the scales by holding 2 1kg weights while standing on them and they showed a 2kg increase in weight.

Also, my logging for the last couple of days has been non-existent due to this move - placement starting tomorrow which means I'll have more of a routine to follow again.

Could exhaustion also be a contribution to weight gain?
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options
    Do you have heavier dumbbells to test the scale?

When you move scales, they can give different readings.

Also, you may have had a high carb/salt couple of days when you did not track that can impact the scale.

Lack of sleep and stress can also cause water retention.
  • SunKissed1989
    Options
    Don't have heavier dumbbells just now but planning on buying some 2kg weights with an amazon gift card my cousin gave me...would these help in testing the scale? If not, what weight would you recommend (I would like a heavier set than my 1kgs to tone up and such at home) - maybe a pair of 4kgs?

I'm also going to be waking up earlier on weekdays because of my placement (3 weeks) so I won't be able to weigh in at my usual time - I can report at the weekends though to get an idea of how things are going.
    My workout schedule will also be impacted as I don't have as easy access to the gym when I was at uni - I'll be jogging more as I'm doing a 10k later in June (jogging-walking intervals) but will try to get weight training when I get my new dumbbells.

Again, I really appreciate the advice and support given here - it's keeping me somewhat sane!
  • schnicklefritz1
    schnicklefritz1 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Don't have heavier dumbbells just now but planning on buying some 2kg weights with an amazon gift card my cousin gave me...would these help in testing the scale? If not, what weight would you recommend (I would like a heavier set than my 1kgs to tone up and such at home) - maybe a pair of 4kgs?

I'm also going to be waking up earlier on weekdays because of my placement (3 weeks) so I won't be able to weigh in at my usual time - I can report at the weekends though to get an idea of how things are going.
    My workout schedule will also be impacted as I don't have as easy access to the gym when I was at uni - I'll be jogging more as I'm doing a 10k later in June (jogging-walking intervals) but will try to get weight training when I get my new dumbbells.

Again, I really appreciate the advice and support given here - it's keeping me somewhat sane!

Don't give up SunKissed....keep up the good fight. I will mention just one thing though....When you go out to eat, you still need to try to log those if possible. I just kind of keep track and add.....And then I am shocked. Lately, I have been logging ahead of time so that I don't get caught in some sort of "trap". Ex. last night a friend wanted me to meet her at Culvers ( a fast food place ) and I was really stressing....since I knew where I was going, I actually decided ahead of time what I was having and entered the calories before I went. You also have to beable to tell your friends and families that you would "rather" go to "this" place if possible because there are better choices for you to eat at one please than the other. It is so hard when you have been over weight for so long and your friends and family almost seem like the would rather you stay at this weight than do what you are trying to do. I have started saying no, friends and family are either liking it or not...If they get to the point where they are really "stupid" about it, I decide whether or not they are worth keep as friends....we can not get rid of our families. LOL

Keep up the fight!!!!!!!!!
  • SunKissed1989
    Options
    Hi! Just checking in with this morning's weigh in - 145.6lbs.

I've been on placement the last 3 weeks so not had much chance to do a lot of exercise but going to get back on track this week. Been trying my best to keep logging and stay within my goals as well.
    I'll keep note of daily weigh-ins for this week again (won't have one for Sunday as I'm staying at someone's on Saturday night as prep for a 10k I'm doing on Sunday) and report back on Sunday night/next Monday morning.