MEAL PLANS

Options
cmfontaine31
cmfontaine31 Posts: 128 Member
I haven't purchased any of these. I'd have to go with the original (omnivore) plan as I am not a vegetarian or a vegan. However, after glancing thru all 3 plans, I see lots of foods that I have never eaten and am not sure I would like... I am not an adventurous eater!

Anyone using the meal plans?

Replies

• Debbi2309
    Debbi2309 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I have got the meal plan, but yet to start it up properly as been getting problems finding some of the things and am bit wary of trying some them in case i dont like them. I think i shall go and get it out again and try plan some meals
  • cmfontaine31
    Options
    I have got the meal plan, but yet to start it up properly as been getting problems finding some of the things and am bit wary of trying some them in case i dont like them. I think i shall go and get it out again and try plan some meals

I am the same way... The ultimate NON-adventurous eater! Plain food suits me well! Let me know how it goes...
  • Debbi2309
    Debbi2309 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I will do will hopefully be able to get some of the stuff this weekend its trying to find some of it too
  • christineispink
    Options
    I am a totally non-adventurous eater but have been enjoying this program a lot (my mom and I are both totally surprised). if you like plain food, that's totally fine, as the spices/flavorings and addition of salt/pepper are totally up to you for the most part. it's really cut down on my sodium intake. I started right after July 4th (this year) but am only now getting to Week 4 due to vacation and cheat days, repeating certain days to use up produce, etc. and have lost about 8 pounds (with only intermittent exercise).

I've actually liked most of the new foods (mostly veggies for me). The plan is also working for me with many substitutions (not bacon for broccoli!) but thinks that make sense like subbing broccoli/squash/Brussels sprouts or rice/sweet potato/red potatoes. I also don't like rice so I've been eating quinoa anytime they suggest rice, which I know messes with the nutrients they've planned, but no ill effects (I'm a runner so I need additional protein, so i'll add in a few ounces of chicken breast every few days or before a long run).

The biggest and best change for me has been my GI tract is so much happier. I actually started the plan more b/c I was having so many GI issues (apparently eating pizza everyday just because I'm a runner wasn't great health-wise) and I wanted to eat "clean". (never big into processed foods but I ate a lot of white carbs and fatty meat). But now no more bloating, gas, feeling full but not hunger satisfied, that's all gone. I don't feel sluggish after meals, I don't have to wait as long to run, etc. Definitely give it a shot.

After 1-2 weeks, you also learn good portion size, ratio of greens/meat/complex carbs, so it makes it easier to eat in a similar way even when I eat out. Definitely cuts down on "bad" cravings and I can feel the huge difference and increase in discomfort when I eat even a plain bagel.

For Debbi: a lot of the food from Week 1 is non-perishable (nuts, oatmeal, peanut butter, etc.) and I just go get fresh produce 1-2x a week after that. Throw a few bags of tortillas in the freezer and I buy tetra-paks of almond milk in bulk and store in pantry.
  • cmfontaine31
    Options
    I am a totally non-adventurous eater but have been enjoying this program a lot (my mom and I are both totally surprised). if you like plain food, that's totally fine, as the spices/flavorings and addition of salt/pepper are totally up to you for the most part. it's really cut down on my sodium intake. I started right after July 4th (this year) but am only now getting to Week 4 due to vacation and cheat days, repeating certain days to use up produce, etc. and have lost about 8 pounds (with only intermittent exercise).

I've actually liked most of the new foods (mostly veggies for me). The plan is also working for me with many substitutions (not bacon for broccoli!) but thinks that make sense like subbing broccoli/squash/Brussels sprouts or rice/sweet potato/red potatoes. I also don't like rice so I've been eating quinoa anytime they suggest rice, which I know messes with the nutrients they've planned, but no ill effects (I'm a runner so I need additional protein, so i'll add in a few ounces of chicken breast every few days or before a long run).

The biggest and best change for me has been my GI tract is so much happier. I actually started the plan more b/c I was having so many GI issues (apparently eating pizza everyday just because I'm a runner wasn't great health-wise) and I wanted to eat "clean". (never big into processed foods but I ate a lot of white carbs and fatty meat). But now no more bloating, gas, feeling full but not hunger satisfied, that's all gone. I don't feel sluggish after meals, I don't have to wait as long to run, etc. Definitely give it a shot.

After 1-2 weeks, you also learn good portion size, ratio of greens/meat/complex carbs, so it makes it easier to eat in a similar way even when I eat out. Definitely cuts down on "bad" cravings and I can feel the huge difference and increase in discomfort when I eat even a plain bagel.

For Debbi: a lot of the food from Week 1 is non-perishable (nuts, oatmeal, peanut butter, etc.) and I just go get fresh produce 1-2x a week after that. Throw a few bags of tortillas in the freezer and I buy tetra-paks of almond milk in bulk and store in pantry.

Awesome info! Thanks so much! I am THE anti-adventurous eater and am not so quick to try much. I actually changed my eating habits when I did the AdvoCare 24 Day Challenge just a few weeks ago and have completely fixed my GI issues as well. (YAY!) Still following their eating "plan". More of guidelines really, but I am loving how I am feeling and how healthy I am eating!