JMBR - questions

Options
jodios528
jodios528 Posts: 379 Member
Post any questions about the JMBR program here and between us all hopefully we can answer

Replies

• pisces3
    pisces3 Posts: 27
    Options
    What resistance bands is everyone using and did you find you needed more than one?

My kit just arrived and my workout space is finally set up. (It was quite the process, as we've not been in this house long.) Anyway, my kit came with the JM green resistance band. I'm going to just use it and see how it goes, but am wondering if those of who've been at it a few weeks are noticing you might want another.

Would rather plan ahead, if need be, than have to wait for one to arrive. Thanks!
  • dwhitney207
    dwhitney207 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Mine didn't come with a band so I ordered a "medium" one from Amazon. So far I have only needed one, but I'll let you know if that changes in Phase 2!
  • jodios528
    Options
    I think that the one you have should be fine. You can always make it shorter for more resistance.
  • DropFifteen215
    DropFifteen215 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am a bit confused about when to eat. The plan states to eat meals every 4 hours and snack should follow lunch. Am I supposed to eat my snack 4 hours after lunch or somewhere between lunch and dinner? My stomach begins to gurgle and growl 2 hours after my lunch....I figure im hungry better eat my snack, it holds me over til dinner time. Am I doing this wrong?
  • dwhitney207
    Options
    No, I think it's fine to eat your snack any time between lunch and dinner. If it's holding you over until dinner then it's doing the job! They just don't want you skipping breakfast, for example, and eating all your meals close together late in the day.
  • skip2lulu
    skip2lulu Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I just started workouts 3 and 4 of Phase 1, and just 2 days after I finish them, I will be going on vacation for 11 days. I will be staying in hotels & cabins that have DVD players, for the most part, and doing at least a few hours of hiking on most days. I want to continue my workouts as much as I can, but since I'm flying across the country, I don't want to pack dumbells. And I don't think these workouts are even a workout without weights. Does anyone have any suggestions for me to keep on track while traveling? I own a lot of her DVDs but I can't think off-hand which ones are a good workout without weights. I'm open to any suggestions! Thanks!
  • dwhitney207
    Options
    I just started workouts 3 and 4 of Phase 1, and just 2 days after I finish them, I will be going on vacation for 11 days. I will be staying in hotels & cabins that have DVD players, for the most part, and doing at least a few hours of hiking on most days. I want to continue my workouts as much as I can, but since I'm flying across the country, I don't want to pack dumbells. And I don't think these workouts are even a workout without weights. Does anyone have any suggestions for me to keep on track while traveling? I own a lot of her DVDs but I can't think off-hand which ones are a good workout without weights. I'm open to any suggestions! Thanks!

You could just take Cardio 1 and 2 and Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism (if you have it). I wouldn't worry about not doing strength training during your trip. So much of her cardio involves plymetrics, planks, mountain climbers, etc. that it ends up being way more that straight cardio (in my opinion). I don't think it's a big deal to include cardio 2 early. It's a really good workout. Have a great trip! -- Dana
  • jodios528
    Options
    I'm going on vacation soon as well. I'm going to check in advance to see if they have any light dumbbells I can use/borrow so I can stick with the program. If not then I'm going to bring a band with me. You can easily slip it in your luggage and use it for your strength training. There are lots of programs out there for a full body work out using a band. I got one off of Self Magazines site from Jessica Smith I like a lot. Good luck!
  • skip2lulu
    skip2lulu Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Those are great suggestions! Thanks for the input. I am absolutely loving this workout program. My favorite thing is how Jillian schedules each workout so that your muscles have time to rest. I have barely been sore. And what I've been doing for an extra boost is adding the cardio dvd 3-4 times extra a week, and going into week 4, I really am seeing results!..and don't feel overworked! I have never been so motivated to stay on track with a workout routine. I will let everyone know how I keep up on vacation!