For the love of butter coffee and bacon!

Options
2»

Replies

• SteamClutch
    SteamClutch Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    You are a courageous man!
  • Thorbjornn
    Thorbjornn Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    No, I'm a stupid man for wasting a can of tuna and a cup of strawberries. :laugh: The color was even disgusting... a sort of gray. :sick:
  • SteamClutch
    SteamClutch Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Real men take chances, I would have done it too. I saw a beer a few years back with bacon in it, no clue how far gone that guy was.
  • hmc4
    hmc4 Posts: 27
    Options
    Akima, could you give me a breakdown of how much of each you add for your Bulletproof concoction? I buy fair trade organic Kcups (because I am a lazy bish) and I already have grassfed butter. (It isn't Kerrygold but its grassfed/pastured) I also have Coconut oil from Trader Joe's... Soo I just need a good ratio.

TIA
  • rainunrefined
    rainunrefined Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    Not sure what Akima uses, but I use 1 tablespoon of butter or coconut oil, or a combination (1/2T and 1/2T). It always blends nice with the right amount of froth and doesn't feel oily or anything. If I need or want some sweetener, I'll add 1/2T or less of raw honey.

*Edit for the tuna & strawberries - WTF? blech. ;) I'm picturing something that they blended up for flipper in one of those movies. yummm-o.
  • Akimajuktuq
    Akimajuktuq Posts: 3,037 Member
    Options
    Akima, could you give me a breakdown of how much of each you add for your Bulletproof concoction? I buy fair trade organic Kcups (because I am a lazy bish) and I already have grassfed butter. (It isn't Kerrygold but its grassfed/pastured) I also have Coconut oil from Trader Joe's... Soo I just need a good ratio.

TIA

I vary the amount depending on what I need, but it's alway 1:1. An 8 oz cup usually gets 1 teaspoon of each and a 12 oz cup usually gets a half tablespoon of each. Most recommendations are for a tablespoon per cup but I don't like it that way as much but you might. Also, I occasionally add in a half packet of organic gelatin- I haven't done that recently but it's awesome, especially if you work out in the morning.
  • homesweeths
    homesweeths Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    Well, I like butter/coconut oil coffee and fry my eggs in bacon grease.... not so much into using almond flour though. lol

I'm a single mom, the breadwinner, the cook, the housekeeper, the doctor, the chemical engineer, the dog handler... you name it.

I have almond flour in my freezer, and coconut flour too, but I seldom seem to get around to using them except when we're tagged to bring a dessert to a potluck.

Coconut oil blended with coffee tastes like a latte to me, and keeps me full and energized until afternoon, or even dinnertime. Yesterday my 9am BP coffee kept me going until 5pm -- I was busy running errands and just wasn't hungry enough to grab something for the road. It wasn't a burden to skip lunch and go directly to supper.

At the moment I have a source of relatively inexpensive raw cream ($4 a quart, can you believe it???), so I'm enjoying that in my coffee. Will go back to coconut oil when the cream supply dries up.
  • homesweeths
    Options
    Can I join the crew? I love bacon, anything coconut, avocados, and juicy steaks :D I gave bulletproof coffee a shot, but I'm thinking blending is a must because all I'm able to do is stir and it didn't work so great for me :-/ Should've seen the looks I got at the office for doing it though! I'm also a full time engineer, new mom, animal caretaker, breadwinner, and bringer of the bacon. You ladies are truly an inspiration to have such busy lives and still make paleo/primal work for you with such great results!

Oh, yes, I've found that blending is an absolute must. Stirring just doesn't cut it -- leaves an oil slick on top of the coffee. Blend well, and drink while hot... It tastes to me like a latte with a hint of coconut flavor (we use virgin coconut oil at our house).

Although I talked to someone recently whose boss drinks BP coffee out of a cup that has some feature where he can shake it to blend it up again. Don't know how that works, since it was secondhand info.
  • homesweeths
    Options
    I have never tried butter in the coffee

Search "bulletproof coffee". It's really good. :smile:

I googled and watched the video of the creator....so it takes his special beans right? it's not just adding butter to a normal cup of coffee....do you know if this is similar to something here in the PNW called Choffy which is 100% premium cacao beans that is full of antioxidants & has long lasting stimulant called Theobromine. This healthy stimulant provides you with a energy lift by dilating the cardiovascular system, making the heart’s job easier and delivers energy without a crash or the other negative effects of caffeine.....hmmm Choffy and Kerrygold! Maybe worth a shot....Thanks for the info I will try this for sure! Happy Friday.

Do you know of any stores in PNW that carry Choffy, or do you have to order it online or from a distributor?
  • KombuchaCat
    KombuchaCat Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    Butter in coffee! I am a coconut junky, sending friend request now.