Lean Phase Ladies - Starting week of 5/26

Options

Replies

• LessthanKris
    LessthanKris Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    There are a lot of people doing it in the Facebook group and it seems to bring good results.

So far have Lean 1 and a run in this week. I went and had a mole removed from the bottom of my foot this afternoon though so I am not sure I will get a workout in tomorrow. I am not sure I can balance on the front of my foot and I think the lunges may hurt. I will have to see how it feels when I wake up. Only two more weeks and I want to get them done.

I am sticking with it and finishing my two weeks out but I am ready to move on and try this program when I am smaller weight wise. While I know I am stronger, I am not seeing anything else change. I only have myself to blame with how I have eaten. Chalene is right, what you put in your body is so important in this program. I obviously am just not able to get there at this time for some reason. Calorie reducing is not enough and with 20 lbs more to lose, I need a win mentally.

I am still debating between a straight schedule of Body Revolution or alternating with CLX but I am leaning toward the first month of just BR right now to see how the results are. A diet of moderation worked for me on the program so I can work on my macros and getting into better habits before starting CLX up again.
  • Pipsg1rl
    Pipsg1rl Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    There are a lot of people doing it in the Facebook group and it seems to bring good results.

So far have Lean 1 and a run in this week. I went and had a mole removed from the bottom of my foot this afternoon though so I am not sure I will get a workout in tomorrow. I am not sure I can balance on the front of my foot and I think the lunges may hurt. I will have to see how it feels when I wake up. Only two more weeks and I want to get them done.

I am sticking with it and finishing my two weeks out but I am ready to move on and try this program when I am smaller weight wise. While I know I am stronger, I am not seeing anything else change. I only have myself to blame with how I have eaten. Chalene is right, what you put in your body is so important in this program. I obviously am just not able to get there at this time for some reason. Calorie reducing is not enough and with 20 lbs more to lose, I need a win mentally.

I am still debating between a straight schedule of Body Revolution or alternating with CLX but I am leaning toward the first month of just BR right now to see how the results are. A diet of moderation worked for me on the program so I can work on my macros and getting into better habits before starting CLX up again.

Wow a mole on the bottom of your foot??! I never realized you could get one there. My Mom had one on her shoulder removed recently and it was 8 stitches! they never take just the mole.

I actually have done this program pretty much 2 times in a row. I am ready for a change but the program is so well put together and easy to follow that I don't feel like it's boring.

I do want to do the PiYo, but I don't want to lose my strength gains. I'm thinking of also doing the P90X schedule in the gym the same way I'm doing CHX. All the equipment is there!

Today is supposed to be a run day but I'm feeling really exhausted and work was crazy! Going to listen to my body and pick back up with L2 tomorrow.
  • LessthanKris
    Options
    Yea, my husband has a small one on the bottom of his foot too. They seem to like to remove them since it is an odd place to get them. No stitches thank goodness but a chunk out of my foot. I may try tomorrow but it is pretty sore. My husband thinks it will take a week to heal judging by the size of the spot removed :O(. Just hoping to be able to get back to things soon!

Enjoy your day off. It is great you are listening to your body.
  • LDeegirl
    LDeegirl Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Just take care of your foot and the workouts will wait until healed. Hope you get better soon!:smile:
    Yea, my husband has a small one on the bottom of his foot too. They seem to like to remove them since it is an odd place to get them. No stitches thank goodness but a chunk out of my foot. I may try tomorrow but it is pretty sore. My husband thinks it will take a week to heal judging by the size of the spot removed :O(. Just hoping to be able to get back to things soon!

• LDeegirl
    Options
    Today was LC3 I actually think this is my Favorite of the lean. Lots! of Push up and could really feel that when done! Just got back from a nice long run. Finally upping my cardio. You just feel good after a run...
  • Pipsg1rl
    Options
    Today was LC3 I actually think this is my Favorite of the lean. Lots! of Push up and could really feel that when done! Just got back from a nice long run. Finally upping my cardio. You just feel good after a run...

I'm still pushing myself to run. I may switch to the elliptical for a week next week to simply keep moving.
  • Shanahoo
    Shanahoo Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Glad I found this group/thread! I am on my last week of Push and am so excited to get to Lean (next Wednesday I believe). I've never finished a long program like this all the way through (which is especially sad since most of them say the last phase/month is where the big changes happen) and I am determined that CLX will be The One.

I'm surprised by the number of people that have mentioned not liking Burn Intervals-- that is my favorite video! It is pure death but I feel like I lose 5 lbs every time I do it. The ab videos are my least favorite, mostly because I don't think we do them often enough, so I add in Windsor 20 minute pilates or Tony Horton's Ab Ripper 100/200 on other days. I have an old back injury so I need my abs to be STRONG.
  • Pipsg1rl
    Options
    Glad I found this group/thread! I am on my last week of Push and am so excited to get to Lean (next Wednesday I believe). I've never finished a long program like this all the way through (which is especially sad since most of them say the last phase/month is where the big changes happen) and I am determined that CLX will be The One.

I'm surprised by the number of people that have mentioned not liking Burn Intervals-- that is my favorite video! It is pure death but I feel like I lose 5 lbs every time I do it. The ab videos are my least favorite, mostly because I don't think we do them often enough, so I add in Windsor 20 minute pilates or Tony Horton's Ab Ripper 100/200 on other days. I have an old back injury so I need my abs to be STRONG.

In Lean you will be doing combo moves again so your abs will get more of a workout (IMO). I personally just don't like cardio ;)
  • Shanahoo
    Shanahoo Posts: 32 Member
    Options

In Lean you will be doing combo moves again so your abs will get more of a workout (IMO). I personally just don't like cardio ;)

I hate long cardio workouts but I can do Intervals all day. Just when I start to hate it, time to switch it up! Probably why Jillian's 30DD/BFBM/NMTZ videos were my true loves for a long time. The only part of Burn Intervals that I loathe is the sumo burpees, but what person in their right mind enjoys a burpee??
  • LDeegirl
    Options
    Hi Welcome to the group. Yes you are right those burpees are a killer! I like Burn Intervals it is just that I have done it so many times I needed to mix things up. I also have done 30 Day Shred and love how fast it goes by. I like that it is only about 20 minutes.
  • Pipsg1rl
    Options
    Burpees are the devil, but man when you can start banging them out you just get up and yell to yourself "NAILED IT!"

and then you proceed to do a little success dance.

I'm sure Chalene would approve :)
  • Pipsg1rl
    Options

I just wanted to mention that I think I figured out why I was so exhausted. I was stuck in a room for an emergency situation at work and while they brought breakfast and lunch, they only offered juices and soda.

What I really wanted was a water.

I think... just thinking here... that I was actually dehydrated!
  • LDeegirl
    Options
    They didn't offer water..that makes sense that you may be dehydrated. Great that you figured out. Looks like you guys are almost done and I am still on my 2nd week of Lean. Did LC1 today and not really loving the triceps work. This is Not my strongest muscle.
  • LessthanKris
    Options
    I really hate using the chair in Lean 1. It makes it more awkward.

I also hate burpees but I think I hate the move where you touch the ground and jump up on one foot even more.

My foot is not as sore but uncomfortable. I think I am going to pick up with Lean 2 Week 3 on Sunday. My calf is so tight from walking more on the ball of my foot. I guess I should not have complained about not getting enough lower body before. My calf is going to be nice and strong after this.
  • Pipsg1rl
    Options
    I really hate using the chair in Lean 1. It makes it more awkward.
    I use the benches at the gym in an up position. The dang bottom feet on the bench are always in the way. And if there are guys using the other benches I have a hard time because I try to get as far away from the bench as I can while still touching it.
    Maybe use the wall instead??

I also hate burpees but I think I hate the move where you touch the ground and jump up on one foot even more.
    That stupid basketball shooting thing. I don't like the dance around the band move. I always feel like I'm using the wrong foot or dancing really badly!

My foot is not as sore but uncomfortable. I think I am going to pick up with Lean 2 Week 3 on Sunday. My calf is so tight from walking more on the ball of my foot. I guess I should not have complained about not getting enough lower body before. My calf is going to be nice and strong after this.

Try some seated calf stretching. Sit in the chair you don't like, put your foot out in front of you, trace the alphabet in cursive with your big toe. Repeat on the other side.

Also just sitting the same way, pointing your toe, flexing your toe, and rolling your foot in circles is helpful.

Finally, in Brazil Butt Lift, Leandro has you do the foot flexing in a standing position balancing on one foot. Not sure if you can do that on your healing foot, but it's also a good after run stretch.

Last Lean for me today. I was going to order PiYo but forgot I placed an order at a home party and just got the total for that. Need to wait until next payday and sweeten up my husband.

(hope the way I changed the quotes works!)
  • Pipsg1rl
    Options
    Lean 3/C4 COMPLETED!
  • LessthanKris
    Options
    Lean 3/C4 COMPLETED!

Congrats! Hope you can get your PIYO! I am interested in seeing reviews.

Been rotating but forgot the alphabet trick. It is fine when I have been using it, but if I rest it it gets tight.

Hopefully be able to say I am done soon too! Great work! Can't wait to hear the results.
  • LDeegirl
    Options
    Starting my Last week of Lean. Great Job to everyone! :smile:
  • Pipsg1rl
    Options
    Starting my Last week of Lean. Great Job to everyone! :smile:

congratulations! you're almost there :)
  • Pipsg1rl
    Options