How much weight have you lost?

Options
tiggerhammon
tiggerhammon Posts: 2,211 Member
I really enjoyed watching the thread 'how much weight have you gained' on the pregnancy boards. I decided to start this one here, I would really like to have a check in for our weight loss after baby.

Here is mine so far:

Total pregnancy gain: 27lbs
First day home - day 6 postpartum: down 3 lbs (still had massive water retention)
Day 7/1 week: down 13lbs (still had massively swollen feet, looking forward to tomorrow's weigh in @ 2 weeks postpartum to see how much more came off.)
As of last weigh in, I had 14 more lbs to go to prepregnancy.

How is everyone else doing?

Replies

• usernameMAMA
    usernameMAMA Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    Gained 49, 3 weeks pp down 25lbs
  • brittyD906
    brittyD906 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Total preg. gain: 29 lbs
    7 days pp: down 20.5
    Today-13 days pp: down another 3 lbs
    5.5 lbs to goo
    -breastfeeding and eating about 1,700 clas/day
  • lisapr123
    lisapr123 Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    I gained right around 25 lbs.

Lost it all plus another 5 lbs by 3-4 weeks post partum.

Gained back about 10 at six months post partum.

Working on it though. In a way it was easy to lose during the early days when I was sleep deprived and forgot to eat.....
  • Nique85
    Nique85 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I gained 26 pounds. I've lost 21 so far (6 weeks postpartum).
  • allison0820
    allison0820 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Gained 50lbs with pregnancy
    13weeks pp.. down approximately 25lbs
  • Love4fitnesslove4food2
    Love4fitnesslove4food2 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Tagging
  • papagal212
    papagal212 Posts: 93
    Options
    Not newly Pp, still pregnant, but my son was 14months when I got pregnant, so my stats from him

Gained 34,
    Lost 16 by 2wk Pp so I had 18 left,
    But then gained 5lbs by 3months PP lol
    Then slowly lost 18lb (5 that I gained and 13 more) by 14 months Pp and never lost the last 4-5lbs cause I got pregnant
  • 88meli88
    88meli88 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Gained 16 kg during pregnancy and lost 9/10 the few weeks after PP. I just started the work to lose the remaining plus some extra I have left over from first child.
  • feliciaclark7
    feliciaclark7 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I gained 20 pounds during pregnancy and had lost 23 pounds at 2 weeks pp. I am now 6 weeks pp and the weight is coming off slower. I have lost a total of 31 pounds so far.
  • TLCEsq
    TLCEsq Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    I was already overweight before pregnancy and gained 30 during pregnancy. I only lost about 10 after delivery and even though I'm breastfeeding nothing is budging.
  • RBXChas
    RBXChas Posts: 2,708 Member
    Options
    I started somewhere between 160 and 165/170 (not sure exactly because I had slacked off and gained from my low of 154) and ended up at 240 at my last dictor's appointment before delivery.

*runs and hides*

*pops head back out*

Yup, you read right. I gained somewhere between 70 and 80 lbs. I didn't think I could do worse than the 65 or so I gained with my first (I lost it all and then some in about 13 months). There were several factors in play, some of which I could help and some I couldn't, but whatever, I can't change it now.

After delivery (8lb 4oz baby), I lost 20 lbs pretty much right off the bat, putting me at 220. The next 7 or 8 lbs were fairly easy to get rid of, and then I couldn't lose weight or keep it off. After baby #1 I had a terrible time BFing so ended up FFing him at 3 months, plus I ate 1200 calories/day and didn't eat back exercise calories, so it came off quickly and easily. This time I EBF until solids, and I BF until his first birthday.

I started over on 5/25/14, just after my younger guy's first birthday at 211.2, and my last weigh-in last Saturday was 202.6, so almost 9 lbs in the first month, at 13 months postpartum. I've started Spinning again and hope to fit running back into the picture again. When both my kids are in school again by late August, I should be able to fit in an extra Spnning class or two per week, which will help me be more consistent :)
  • RBXChas
    RBXChas Posts: 2,708 Member
    Options
    Sorry that was so long/explanatory.

TL;DR version:

Pre-preg low: 154

Pre-preg weight: 160-165/170 somewhere

Before delivery at 39+ weeks: 240 (!)

A couple of weeks postpartum: 220

After a year of struggle due to BFing: 211.2

Last weigh-in at a hair before 13 months postpartum: 202.6
  • JustAnotherGirlSuzanne
    JustAnotherGirlSuzanne Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    Total pregnancy gain: 50lbs right on (total 213 lbs)

First day home - day 4 postpartum: down 9 lbs (still had massive water retention as well)
    1 week postpartum: down 19.5lbs

As of today I weighed in at 188.0 lbs So I am down a grand total of 25 lbs (half my gain) in 10 days. Feeling pretty good! :happy:
  • tiggerhammon
    tiggerhammon Posts: 2,211 Member
    Options
    Week 2 check in ....

First day home - day 6 postpartum: down 3 lbs
    Day 7/1 week: down 13lbs
    2 week: down 21 lbs

Currently at 6 lbs to go to prepregnancy. All water retention is gone, the rest is up to me. Goal was to get to prepregnancy by 6 week postpartum ... We will see, may not happen. I won't be hurt if it doesn't. I am happy with where I am at so far and I know the rest will take time.
  • michelleepotter
    michelleepotter Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    I gained about 25 pounds, and had lost 30 by one week PP. (But I can't take any kind of credit for that. It just happened.)

The baby just turned six months old, and I've lost 43 pounds, meaning I am 18 pounds under my pre-pregnancy weight. I have 6 pounds to go until my goal weight.
  • heatherz104
    heatherz104 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I'm still pregnant and have about 9 more weeks to go. I've so far gained about 30 lbs.
  • misskerouac
    misskerouac Posts: 2,242 Member
    Options
    Pre pregnancy: 167
    End of pregnancy: 213
    Total gain: 46lbs

2week pp : 186 - down 27 lbs, 19 to go
  • Love4fitnesslove4food2
    Love4fitnesslove4food2 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Week 2 check in ....

First day home - day 6 postpartum: down 3 lbs
    Day 7/1 week: down 13lbs
    2 week: down 21 lbs

Currently at 6 lbs to go to prepregnancy. All water retention is gone, the rest is up to me. Goal was to get to prepregnancy by 6 week postpartum ... We will see, may not happen. I won't be hurt if it doesn't. I am happy with where I am at so far and I know the rest will take time.

You can't always measure water retention with your eyes--I wouldn't be shocked if you have more waiting to fall off.
  • JustAnotherGirlSuzanne
    JustAnotherGirlSuzanne Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    Doing my two week check in today since tomorrow is a holiday and I probably won't remember to log in here.

Total pregnancy gain: 50lbs right on (total 213 lbs)

First day home - day 4 postpartum: down 9 lbs (still had massive water retention as well)
    1 week postpartum: down 19.5lbs
    2 weeks postpartum: down 24lbs
  • spunkychelsea
    spunkychelsea Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    5'2"/5'3"
    PP baby #3: 135
    Day of Delivery: 157.0 (22 lb weight gain)
    Evening I came home from hospital: 148.8 (ugh! I had a 7lb baby and I figured I'd lose more with fluids, blood loss and placenta)
    2 weeks: 142.6
    4 weeks: 142.6 (UGH! my mom came and helped out and just kept cooking! but I guess it's partly my fault because I just kept eating...)
    6 weeks: 139.4

That leaves me with 4.4 (or so) pounds to go to get to prepregnancy weight. Ideally then I would like to lose 10 more lbs to get to my married weight of 125 lbs. We just celebrated our 11 year anniversary! It's been a while since I was that weight (about 8 years and that was only briefly, I haven't consistently been that weight in probably 10 years).

I put on a good amount of weight and was 157 for a while. Then got pregnant with #1 got up to 180, was down to 157 within 8 days of birth. When he was 6 months old joined a gym and lost 10 more lbs only to get pregnant again when he was 8.5 months. Pregnancy #2 I started 147 let myself eat everything got up to 193 (gain of 46 lbs). By the time I stepped on the scale I was only down 22 lbs at 2 months postpartum (171). Found MFP then and got down to 135 by 6.5 months postpartum when I got pregnant again. With the last two initial weigh losses I figured I would lose my 22 lb weight gain right away. I have been pretty disappointed with how long it's taking to come off, but I keep reminding myself I am much closer to goal than the last two so that's why it's going to take longer. Just driving me crazy!