Workplace LCHF Lunches

Options
2»

Replies

• TattooTwinset
    Options
    They are all very easy and super delicious. I have files of the recipes, so you are welcome to ask away. my email is d.capulus@gmail.com :)

I also eat at a restricted calorie level. I shoot for 70% Fat, 10% Carbs and try to fill the rest w/protein and fiber. I eat a max of 1600 calories but shoot for 1500. I exercise (40 minutes elliptical Tues, Thurs, and Sat; squat and plank challenge this month, looooong walks with kiddos a few times a week) and I don't eat my calories back, typically. so many LCHF people have gone off on me bc of calorie restriction, but it works for me, so I still do it. It's very nice to see that there are others as well.
  • mamanicole79
    mamanicole79 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Where can you find the Shirataki noodles? I can't seem to find who sells them.
  • crepes_
    crepes_ Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    Where can you find the Shirataki noodles? I can't seem to find who sells them.

They're often in the produce section or with the vegetarian options, as they're typically made of tofu. I normally get mine on Amazon, however. House brand sells in packs of 6.
  • mamanicole79
    mamanicole79 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Great! Thank you. I found them on Amazon, can't wait to try them!
  • kellytime2lose
    kellytime2lose Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    thanks for the great ideas! definitely needed this post! Kelly
  • tped41
    tped41 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    May I have your chicken/beef vegetable soup recipe? I love soup! It's hard to find low carb soup. Honestly, all of your recipes sound wonderful, but I don't want to bother you with requesting all of them. Maybe when you have time, you could post a few.... if you have time.. They sound great. Thank you again.
  • rhondatn
    rhondatn Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Great lunch ideas everyone!!
  • jadesign19
    jadesign19 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    bump for later
  • sljohnson1207
    sljohnson1207 Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    I'm also commenting to say that I count calories and carbs, too, because if I eat how many ever cals I want, despite cutting carbs, I don't lose weight.

Also, I like that coconut flour bread recipe, and don't have the flour right now, so need to mark this thread to find it again.

Great ideas, everyone!
  • Primrose_au
    Primrose_au Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I recently made a low carb meatloaf for dinner and Hubby and I took the left overs for lunch the next day.

500g minced beef
    1 cup of Pork rind crackers ( crushed, this takes place of bread crumbs)
    1/3 diced capsicum
    1 small diced onion
    1 grated carrot
    1 clove of garlic
    1 egg to bind
    1/3 cup or tomato / BBQ sauce
    salt / pepper to taste

Mix it all together in a bowl. Shape into a loaf pan lined with baking paper with a wet piece of baking paper on top. Bake for 50 +/- at 375 C. Remove paper on top if you want it to crunch up in the last 15 mins of cooking.

cant remember the carb count off the top of my head tho.
  • pippiknits
    Options
    Great ideas! And I too am going to try those bread substitutes.

I too work in an office and rarely have time to warm up food so I like to bring stuff I can graze on. I'm in IT and always on the go fixing something between our 8 locations.

Typical lunches for me when LCing:

Egg salad, chicken salad or tuna salad
    Egg cups (slice of ham in muffin tin, crack and egg in and sprinkle with cheese then bake)
    Ham, cream cheese and pickle rollups
    Sliced roast beef wrapped around peppers
    Fat bombs are always made and in my lunch pack for snacks and quick energy boosts
  • sljohnson1207
    sljohnson1207 Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    Did I do wrong by baking this in the oven? I didn't have my PC available, and I forgot it said to microwave. Does it change the texture? I found this to be a lot like cornbread...kind of crumbly, and really eggy (more than oopsie rolls). I ended up eating it smeared with butter and coconut butter like an unsweetened muffin, but I just think I may have screwed it up by baking it. I just don't think its texture would have worked as pizza crust. Tell me what to do because it was the first time for me using coconut flour. Thanks.
    I don't find them overly eggy, much less so than oppsie rolls are, but my friend found them a bit eggy.

Another one I tried for the first time last night is this:

2 tbsp coconut flour
    1 tbsp melted butter
    1 tbsp water
    1 egg
    1/8 tsp cream of tartar
    1/8 tsp baking soda

Mix together, pour into a microwavable dish in the shape you want (i used a square tupperware container)
    Microwave for 1 minute. Its quite cakey, not eggy at all. I made it into a pizza & baked it, it really baked well & was really good!!

Do these taste "eggy"? I am looking for a really good bread substitute that doesnt take a lot of ingredients, but does NOT taste like egg. [\quote]