Leslie Sansone July 2014 Walk Challenge

Options
texasgardnr
texasgardnr Posts: 2,660 Member
WELCOME to all walkers! Tomorrow begins our July chellenge, so now is the time to be thinking about the new monthly challenge! With the sizzling summer days :glasses: and chilly winter days :smile: , depending on where one lives, having LS DVDs is a great alternative to walking outdoors as many of us are able to do more often during the spring and autumn seasons.

Having Leslie's DVDs to pop into the player will help us become stronger and healthier as we continue to walk for our health and fitness goals during 2014.

This group is open to any and all walkers. The majority of us use Leslie Sansone Walk At Home workouts, but those great walks outside, or on the treadmill, as well as other walking DVDs count also. However you get your walk on, please join us!

We are a positive, supportive group, and I promise that this challenge will motivate, challenge, as well as inspire you!

Set your goal for how many miles you want to walk, indoors or out, this month. Post your results daily, weekly, however you like.

If you happened to find this group during the month it doesn't matter which day of the month that you join in. Just set your goals to reflect what you want to walk for the remaining days. You are ALWAYS welcome! Just walk right in :smile: !

It is fun to read which DVD, whether Leslie or another walking instructor, that you used. Or whatever form your walk took, whether outdoors or on the treadmill, or anything in between. We all could use some new inspiration sometimes, and inquiring minds just want to know sometimes :wink: .

If you are doing additional exercise besides the walks feel free to mention them if you want to. It is always inspiring to get new ideas, and it also helps us support one another in our pursuit of health, weight loss, and becoming stronger. So please share those additional workouts if you would like to.

So tie up those shoes and get some water, and let's start walking the July 2014 challenge together as we continue to walk our way toward our fitness goals we made for 2014.

Let us walk with determination :glasses:

texasgardnr :flowerforyou:

Replies

• bandit5125
    bandit5125 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    I am in! my goal is for 150 this month.

Happy Walking!!!! LouAnn
  • Healthymom_5
    Healthymom_5 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I did 60 last month in conjunction with my other workouts. Looking at the month ahead, with travel, etc. I will set this month's walk goal at 40 with Leslie and/or treadmill. I will also continue strength training.
  • lidenalex
    lidenalex Posts: 283
    Options
    Goal: 0.2 miles every day before I have my morning coffee.

The hardest path for me is starting. There is some real resistance to start anything before I had my morning coffee. But 0.2 miles is small enough that I think I can manage. I hope to make a habit of starting to walk first thing in the morning.
  • sixtieschildred
    sixtieschildred Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I hope to achieve 40 miles for the month :)
  • wjennyl
    wjennyl Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    10 miles this month.

I have some serious mobility problems and if I can walk one mile twice a week as well as my hydrotherapy I will be really happy.
  • PinkyPan1
    PinkyPan1 Posts: 3,018 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I surprisingly did 130 last month so I will challenge myself to do 135 this month.
  • VCanadapt
    VCanadapt Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I'm in for 30 miles this month. I bought a new DVD for the occasion. :laugh:

Walk Strong Everyone!
  • christchick7
    christchick7 Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    I got preoccupied with U5DWP, so I dropped out of this challenge for June. Back in for July, but will continue that DVD. I've set
    lofty goals the last few months and failed, so this time I'm in for 30 miles. Thanks for your patience!!!
  • AnnofB
    AnnofB Posts: 3,585 Member
    Options
    Hello Fellow Walkers!

Back for another month of marching...

I'm shooting for 120 miles this month. There were so many folks who inspired me last month and I'm going to do my best to reach my goal this month.

Have a healthy day! :flowerforyou:
  • Lilymay2
    Lilymay2 Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    I will keep in touch here. I really like to walk outside but I also cannot handle the bugs or the heat..... - so then I will walk inside with Leslie.

My goal is for 100 miles - one way or the other....

Happy July!!
  • Healthymom_5
    Healthymom_5 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    First mile of the month done :)! Did Burn it Up DVD from the Slim in Six series, then hopped on the treadmill for my mile.
    1/40 done.
    Have a great start to your month, everyone! Here's to your health!
  • AnnofB
    Options
    Goal 120 Miles for July! :explode:

July 1st, 4 miles 3 Mile Weight Loss Walk - did mile 3 twice.
  • AnnofB
    Options
    I got preoccupied with U5DWP, so I dropped out of this challenge for June. Back in for July, but will continue that DVD. I've set
    lofty goals the last few months and failed, so this time I'm in for 30 miles. Thanks for your patience!!!

Welcome back into the fold Sue. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • AnnofB
    Options
    I will keep in touch here. I really like to walk outside but I also cannot handle the bugs or the heat..... - so then I will walk inside with Leslie.

My goal is for 100 miles - one way or the other....

Happy July!!

LilyMay,
    I'm not a big fan of walking outside for the reasons you mentioned. It's great to have Leslie's workouts (or anyone's for that matter) at our fingertips to pop in the dvd player and get our miles in.

Good luck with your goal, :happy:
  • bandit5125
    bandit5125 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    5 advanced miles with Leslie

4.5 miles outside mowing the lawn.

total for the day 9.5 miles

goal 150

Happy Walking!!! LouAnn
  • heavenlyb14
    heavenlyb14 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    You all inspired me so much last month, I'm looking forward to doing it all again with you.

Like Alex, I have a problem with starting so I am going to copy his idea and aim to get out for at least 15 minutes in the morning and my goal will be to do just that.

I wish you all a wonderful month :flowerforyou:

I started the month with 5.47 miles.
  • lidenalex
    lidenalex Posts: 283
    Options
    today before the morning coffee: 2 miles
    today after the morning coffee: 8 miles

total to date: 10 miles

total calories to date: -1100 cal
  • texasgardnr
    Options
    Tuesday:

4 miles: 4 Mile Super Challenge (WAP Express series).

0 minutes: walking outdoors

Goal for July: 40 + miles

So far: 4 Leslie/ or other walking DVD miles

So far: 0 outdoor minutes

What a great group of walkers are gathering here for July's challenge!

:flowerforyou:
  • texasgardnr
    Options
    Yay, bandit5125, Healthymom_5, alex, PinkyPan1, christchick7, AnnofB, Lilymay2, and heavenlyb14, are all back for the July Monthly Challenge! We had loads of fun while walking many miles together last month! I am delighted to see you all back again :drinker:

It is always really good to see walkers who were not with us last month joining in! Welcome to the July :glasses: Walk Challenge sixtieschildr, wjennyl, and VCanadapt,

:flowerforyou:
  • nonacgp
    nonacgp Posts: 132
    Options
    I'll aim for 60 miles this month.

July 1 - Did 4 miles with LS Ultimate 5 mile walk