Fitness Challenge Week One

Options
13»

Replies

• melifornia
    melifornia Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    GAH! I think I'm going to need some Tylenol tonight! Cleaned the house top to bottom; went to bro and SIL's house and mowed their lawn for about 40 mins to help prep for our family celebration on Sunday; then hopped in the pool and played with the kids for 90 minutes. My legs are about ready to fall off!
  • laylawaffles
    Options
    I've had 4 workouts this week. Gonna have another one today and will rest tomorrow (by rest i mean i will probably just go for a walk and not use the gym).

I love reading over the posts on this group. I'm enjoying being in a group of people who essentially have the same goal and the same struggle to get there. It's refreshing to know you're not on your own doing this.
  • bgirl81
    bgirl81 Posts: 6
    Options
    I love reading over the posts on this group. I'm enjoying being in a group of people who essentially have the same goal and the same struggle to get there. It's refreshing to know you're not on your own doing this.

I feel the same when I get discouraged I stop take a moment and read this. I find it helps a lot :)
  • llysenw
    llysenw Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Managed to do a 3.5 mile walk today, in spite of the heat. I've done a lot of walking (for me) this week, and my bad hip is a little aggravated at this point. I think I'll be taking tomorrow as a rest day. I need to remind myself that sometimes rest can be the healthiest thing to do.
  • melifornia
    melifornia Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Did some impromptu hiking while covering a story yesterday afternoon, then spent another 45 minutes in the pool last night, keeping up with the nieces and nephews. Gotta finish up a couple of writing assignments (I freelance for the local paper; this is my weekend on duty), then head out for the family celebration which will include, you guessed it, more pool time!

I'm so physically exhausted, I almost fell asleep in church this morning. Thanks for motivating me to stay active! :happy:
  • sarah_irish_2001
    sarah_irish_2001 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Did another run on Saturday, got up a bit late so it was HOT but i pulled through it :) Looking forward to the week 2 challenge :)
  • bgirl81
    bgirl81 Posts: 6
    Options
    I started going for bike rides with my girls, and I think I'm going to try to get a bike ride in daily or at least every other day because my legs and but are sore lol. Positive change I started eating sugar snap peas at night instead of chips :)