Non Scale Victories - Share the Joy! - part 3

Options

Replies

• Etherlily1
    Etherlily1 Posts: 974 Member
    Options
    @Brookielaw that is wonderful! You're life is really opening up for you in what you are able to do. Each day we all get a little bit closer to that ultimate goal. I am so happy for you!

@pirate_check Welcome!
  • dward59
    dward59 Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    This is an NSV, but a really weird one. My hands have changed over the last few pounds I've lost. Under the excess skin and wrinkles, I'm gaining veins.

I can't tell you the times I've been in hospital and the nurses have had a horrible time finding a vein for an IV. I think that will be a thing of the past. With luck, even the hospital admittances will be down. :smile:

I also have a planned NSV for a week from tonight. My wife and I are going to a baseball game. The last time I went, my weight was around 380 lbs and I couldn't fit in the seats. Not a pleasant way to spend a Mothers day game. Now it is just the wife and I going on a cheap date and we are looking forward to having no problems with seating. Dinner in the ball park will be on tap too. Coming straight from work will be a great reason to split a ball park dog. :love:
  • leannabseven
    leannabseven Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    QUOTE:

@ Russ: someone else asked me the other day if I was saving a pair of pants. I hadn't planned to...I'm just THAT happy to get rid of them for good. But perhaps I should. I have one pair in the laundry that I was going to give to the St. Jude's thrift store.

LeAnna, I saved a huge pair of pants in 2007 when I lost 152 lbs, but then I grew back into the damn things! This time, everything is going (has gone) out when it gets too big. But I must admit, I LOVE seeing those photos like Russ is talking about. Especially the ones where two people are in them. One in each leg. Astounding losses!

Dan, after giving it some thought I got rid of my big girl pants too. I figure I'll remember the size they were and if I need a refresher, I'll go to the store and put on that size again.

One of my friends suggested that from time to time I should try lifting the amount of weight of lost. THAT's scary!
  • leannabseven
    Options
    Dan, I messed that last post all up! But I was trying to reply to your reply. It's late...my brain is mushy. :embarassed: :glasses: :wink:
  • leannabseven
    Options
    Dan, congrats on losing the oxygen tank. That is a MAJOR victory!
  • leannabseven
    Options
    Awesome NSV Dan! Having asthma myself, I know how it feels to be attached to a machine just so you can breathe... It must feel amazing to get rid of it!!! Congrats Dan!

@Russ, amazing pictures! I am gonna have to try a color run, looks like so much fun :)

@Leanna, I also just cleaned out my closet to get rid of some of my larger sized clothes! It feels amazing to just get them out of my life!!!

I had a NSV this weekend! Went shopping at Costco with my husband and I needed to get a new pair of capris ( I just cleaned out my closet so I needed a replacement pair) I found a pair that I liked, but the largest size they had was a 16 and I didn't think they would fit... But my husband said get them and if they don't fit you can return them. So I bought them and tried them on when I got home, to my surprise they fit! Nicely too :bigsmile: I am officially a size 16 now! So happy!!!

Very cool, Malia! I am in 18s, and it feels good to be able to wear that size and they fit so comfortably that I'm not ecstatic to get home and change into "house clothes". I've a feeling it won't be long, I'll be trying on some 16s, and that is exciting!
  • Crystallee145
    Crystallee145 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    So I joined a 60 day challenge group and have to input my measurements on Monday's. Well, I'm down 4.75 inches in one week. YAY! I've never really paid attention to my measurements before. I usually take them every 3 months or so. This made my Monday!
  • leannabseven
    Options
    So I joined a 60 day challenge group and have to input my measurements on Monday's. Well, I'm down 4.75 inches in one week. YAY! I've never really paid attention to my measurements before. I usually take them every 3 months or so. This made my Monday!

Wow! That is awesome...good job!!
  • leannabseven
    Options
    I was talking with a lady the other day who doesn't know me, and we were discussing weight loss. I told her I had really been working hard at losing weight, and she said, "Well, you're not that big..." I totally lost my train of thought for a minute....struck speechless!! I even blurted out something like, "Thank you! I haven't heard that in a few decades!" LOL
  • emmerin78
    emmerin78 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    So many awesome NSVs!! I had quite a few on our wedding cruise. The first was seeing pictures of myself in a wedding dress and thinking "wow...she looks really pretty!" and then realizing that "she" is me. As my own worst critic (as many of us are) I'm often not too kind to that lady in the mirror, so I'm really glad we were able to call a truce for a day and I got to enjoy being her at her most beautiful.

There were tons of seating victories! No one else noticed except me, my now husband, Mike, and my best friend, Alex, but I fit easily into the waiting area chairs at the cruise terminal, several "arm-ed" chairs in dining venues on the ship, the theater seats on the ship, and the ferry seats on the ferry to Hamilton and St. Georges in Bermuda (these were the tightest fit, but I still fit!). I also fit easily into several booths :-)

Finally, my favorite NSV was being able to climb and cling to the wall of the Unfinished Church in Bermuda to get some pics (since the gates were locked and we weren't allowed inside). If I can figure out how to post pictures here, I'll post a few. It was really beautiful.
  • PaulaKro
    PaulaKro Posts: 5,687 Member
    Options
    It may be a Monday, but mine started with the best news yet.

Last week I did an overnight Oximetry to check blood oxygen levels during sleep. A year ago I was on 24 hour a day oxygen. Nine months ago, I was able to give up daytime O2, but still had overnight required.

The doctor called this morning and has now removed that prescription. I get to lose the Oxygen Concentrator for the first time in SIX YEARS.

I have no words to tell what this meant to me. I didn't even know it would hit me as hard as it has. The sheer relief and joy of this expensive albatross leaving my home, (FOREVER if I have any real say in it!) had my wife crying and me choking up.

Here is to weight loss and the better health that comes with it!
    OH, DAN!!!!!!!! :bigsmile: :drinker: :smokin: :drinker: :bigsmile:
  • Etherlily1
    Options
    Emmerin: Wow! Those are some great victories. I am always surprised when I fit into the seats at the dentist's office. I am so happy for you. You have done a wonderful job and your pic looks beautiful. You are stunning!

Leanna: I would be struck speechless too.

Crystal: That is some amazing results in a week! Congratulations!
  • Etherlily1
    Options
    My NSV: I am running again. I am not lasting very long, but I am running. I am doing 30 seconds running with 90 seconds break, five minute warm-up and five-minute cool down. It is amazing. The biggest thing is that I got passed this uncomfortableness of being my size and running. It has always accompanied me with shame to be watched while I work out. It feels like it has to be some dirty little secret making it very difficult for me to exercise out in public, even the gym sometimes. I took off and didn't think twice about what anyone thought of my plodding along the path. It felt great. I made 3 laps around the park for a total 2.1 miles in 37: 23, my best time since freshman year of high school.
  • Savedandsanctified
    Savedandsanctified Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    My NSV is that I have officially been without soda for 6 days, not one sip. That is huge for me.
  • Savedandsanctified
    Options
    That is awesome Dan, I imagine that felt good! :smile:
  • Savedandsanctified
    Options
    That is a great NSV, I can't wait for that one! Keep up the great work:smile:
  • m23prime
    m23prime Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    I have been staying off the scale this summer. A long plateau and then a minor (temporary) gain took its toll on my morale. Instead I have been trying to eat less and move more and just enjoy the summer.

My payoff was to try on a pair of El Cheapo jeans from Costco...the largest they sell and a size I have not worn since...grade 10?...and they fit!

They have some stretch to them so my belly bulges at the front, but they fit...and not in a let me suck in my gut and hold my breath and see if you can hook the zipper with a coat hanger way. They are middle aged fat man jeans and I wear them as such. BUT they came from Costco and they cost almost nothing compared to a pair of similarly fitting jeans from a Big'n'Tall shop! Also...just to be daring...I tried on a 2X shirt...and rocked it!

So,,,42 waist and 2X costco shirt plus a big thing of pineapple...for the price of a two pack of 4X underwear from the Fat Shop!

Victory is MINE! (OH...and for anyone keeping count...that's 18 inches off my pants and 4x's off of my T-shirts!)
  • dward59
    Options
    I have been staying off the scale this summer. A long plateau and then a minor (temporary) gain took its toll on my morale. Instead I have been trying to eat less and move more and just enjoy the summer.

My payoff was to try on a pair of El Cheapo jeans from Costco...the largest they sell and a size I have not worn since...grade 10?...and they fit!

They have some stretch to them so my belly bulges at the front, but they fit...and not in a let me suck in my gut and hold my breath and see if you can hook the zipper with a coat hanger way. They are middle aged fat man jeans and I wear them as such. BUT they came from Costco and they cost almost nothing compared to a pair of similarly fitting jeans from a Big'n'Tall shop! Also...just to be daring...I tried on a 2X shirt...and rocked it!

So,,,42 waist and 2X costco shirt plus a big thing of pineapple...for the price of a two pack of 4X underwear from the Fat Shop!

Victory is MINE! (OH...and for anyone keeping count...that's 18 inches off my pants and 4x's off of my T-shirts!)

You still have me by height and one size on the pants. BUT I bought a pair of $14 Costco jean tonight as well. $14! I was paying almost $60 at Casual....

Congratulations Mark! and doubly thanks for the hint that I really can fit in Costco clothing now.
  • CRody44
    CRody44 Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    Congratulations m23 and dward. It is so depressing to go to a regular men’s clothing section and not find any in your size. Then, when you go to the fat boys section, the styles are nothing like in the regular section (I hate pleated pants). I am right in the middle of XXl and XL. Some shirts fit at XL now but some don’t.

I’m going on a cruise in October where they have a few “dress up” nights, so it will be interesting if I can get into my suit. Our last cruise in May of this year, my wife almost had to stand on me to get my pants fastened and zipped. Fortunately I didn’t sneeze at dinner or I would have killed several people with flying shrapnel. On the second dress up night, I didn’t even try to get into my suit and wore fat boy slacks and a dress shirt. I’m 13 lbs. down from May, so hopefully I can fit into the suit.
  • dward59
    Options
    Hang in there Chuck! I hope you hit what you need for October. I still have 10 months before our cruise, but I have the worries none the less.

I hear you on the shirts. My XXL look shoddy most are so large on me now. While XL, some fit, some are too dang tight. But it makes me smile and gives me a goal.

Now, don't make us read about a Cruise disaster in the Enquirer in October... :D