1week in, need supporters and have concern of weight loss

Options
recker80
recker80 Posts: 19 Member
Hi everyone. Thanks for having this group, so any posts answered a lot of my questions. You all rock. Well I am a 34 year old female, lightly active and started Pilates. I am 1 week into low carb. It took only 40 hours to reach keto! I lost 10.5 pounds so far in a week. I realize rapid weight loss is expected but I'm worried what the next week will bring. I am 5'5, weigh 219. I had a hysterectomy in January. I have struggled keeping hydrated, I catch up usually by the end of the day. I am eating about 1300-1700 calories per day. I'm really loosing my appetite though. Any suggestions? Any thoughts on what to expect this week. Oh and I am taking a fibro multivitamin and using lite salt. Anyone want to friend me?

Replies

• 4athomej
    4athomej Posts: 11
    Options
    Always need more friends...:)

I don't know if I would worry too much...as long as your eating well....

I'm sure some else here could be of more support information wise....I've only been doing if for a few weeks too...:)
  • chrispike7
    chrispike7 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    whats your maintenance calories meant to be? I would start out just 300 calories below that and see how you go. Bear in mind a lot of the weight you lose in the first week will be water loss. After the first two weeks you will notice a more steady path of weight loss, and sometimes you will even feel bloated for a week, then bam, some more weight comes off.

If you eat slightly under maintenance calories, get your macros right and make sure you keep veg in your diet, whilst staying hydrated, you can't go far wrong.
  • MzSmythe
    MzSmythe Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    whats your maintenance calories meant to be? I would start out just 300 calories below that and see how you go. Bear in mind a lot of the weight you lose in the first week will be water loss. After the first two weeks you will notice a more steady path of weight loss, and sometimes you will even feel bloated for a week, then bam, some more weight comes off.

If you eat slightly under maintenance calories, get your macros right and make sure you keep veg in your diet, whilst staying hydrated, you can't go far wrong.

I agree. your weight loss should slow down now. I'd try what Chris has suggested and give it give it a few weeks. If you are still losing more rapidly than you would like, I'd recommend upping your calories by a couple of hundred and see what happens then. Keto is a funny thing, and can require a bit of tweaking to see what works best for you.

And how jealous am I of your speedy move into ketosis?! It takes me at least a week! Well done on your weight loss so far! :smile: