37 miles with Leslie to date

41.5 miles outside to date

78.5 miles total to date

goal 150

Happy Walking!!! LouAnn
  • texasgardnr
    texasgardnr Posts: 2,660 Member
    Options
    are in for some serious thunderstorms this morning. The skies were darker than usual and there is a strong wind. I did 5.5 miles in record time and here I thought walking into the wind would prove to be too difficult. It was energizing and walking with the wind behind me was as if I was flying.

You always gives us so good descriptions of your surroundings :happy: . Keep on doing that, it's appreciated

PinkyPan1, I agree with Alex that it is appreciated, as well as very enjoyable to read/ see the world through your experiences :smile:
  • texasgardnr
    Options
    I'm working on getting back on track...
    I will be walking with Leslie and the Walk It Out on my Wii

Since i'm working my way back I will set my goal for 20 miles this month. :bigsmile:

Welcome 2jayjaysmom! That is a wonderful goal to encourage you to work your way back into walking exercise!!
    Cheering you on :happy:

:flowerforyou:
  • texasgardnr
    Options
    Tuesday:

2 miles: Brisk Walk. (WAP Express series, firm band)

65 minutes: walking outdoors early this morning

Goal for July: 40 + miles

So far: 17 Leslie/ or other walking DVD miles

So far: 180 outdoor minutes

Awesome walking y'all :flowerforyou:
  • startergal53
    startergal53 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Thanks Texasgardnr!

As a moderator I liken you to be a seamstress, grabbing hold of each tiny thread and pulling us together.

Since joining I can look back and see the story of this quilt and am encouraged by the goals, words and insights that continue to inspire.

Off now for a glorious walk outside this morning.
    Bea
  • PinkyPan1
    PinkyPan1 Posts: 3,018 Member
    Options
    Good morning all! It's was beautiful morning to take my walk. I did 5.5 miles this morning and experienced some aches and pains. I came home and did 15 minutes of yoga and feel so much better. I suspect I did not warm as well as usual and that may have been why I I was hurting. Let's hope so....I can fix that. I am looking into getting a breathable knee brace today to see if that helps too. Here is wishing you all a great day and happy walking.
  • nonacgp
    nonacgp Posts: 132
    Options
    Good morning fellow walkers. I thought I'd share this with you. This group has really motivated me. Aside from broken treadmills, new TV's (a SMART TV that is actually smarter then me cause I can't figure it out) and being unable to work my blue ray with the new TV, I am finding a way to do my walks. Late last night, and after a crazy busy day, I did 3 miles with hand held weights on youtube with LS before going to bed. Slept like a baby. Thanks to all:happy:
  • startergal53
    startergal53 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Cool morning out there folks!

Pinkypan1 I do hope you are able to get some relief and glad the yoga helps. How are your shoes? Depending how many miles/type of surface and our steps wear on shoes can effect our body.

And nonacgp- fabulous!! It is so good you were able to bust through the "crazy" and settle into a workout. It is good medicine indeed.

Track area was peaceful this morning and I had the space to myself until the youngsters turned up for tennis lessons.

Happy walking folks!

34/110
  • Healthymom_5
    Healthymom_5 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Yay for you nonacgp!!! You are a good example of persevering over obstacles and potential excuses!
    PinkyPan1 - take good care of yourself! I hope the knee brace helps. Listen to your body :)!
    Startergal53 - ah... The peaceful walks are so nice and good for mind and body.

I just received my WATP Ultimate Collection! So excited, I didn't know what to do!
    Chose the 3 mile Advanced Walk ( love that group of walkers) then added 20 minutes of another Pilates DVD with resistance band.
    Need to go check my total but I'm ahead of schedule for my month's goal I think.
  • 2essie
    2essie Posts: 2,866 Member
    Options
    4.79 miles walked today

39.09 miles walked to date
  • lidenalex
    lidenalex Posts: 283
    Options
    Fridge started to make noisy sound (sounds like a washing machine). Had a repairman over but he couldn't find the cause. Hmm, 2 years old Bosch fridge that cost 1500 USD. But that's insignificant. Such things are unavoidable and a part of the life.

today before the morning coffee: 0.5 miles
    today after the morning coffee: 7.5 miles

total to date: 67 miles

total calories to date: -5600 cal
  • AnnofB
    AnnofB Posts: 3,585 Member
    Options
    Goal 120 Miles for July! :explode:

July 1st, 4 miles 3 Mile Weight Loss Walk - did mile 3 twice.
    July 2nd, 5 miles 4 Mile Super Challenge plus the Muscle Mile
    Jule 3rd, 3 Miles Walk and Jog plus Mile 1 of the 4 mile super challenge.
    July 4th, 6.8 miles Trail walking with my DH
    July 7th, 3 Miles 3 Mile Power Walk
    July 8th, 4 Mile Super Challenge
    July 9th, 4 Miles 2 of Debbie Rocker's Walking for Weight Loss and 2 of Leslie's 5 Day Slim Down

29.8 Miles done

Lot's of miles being laid down already this month.

Walk Strong everybody!:drinker:
  • heavenlyb14
    heavenlyb14 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    2 miles this morning and f4 miles this afternoon.

xx
  • bandit5125
    bandit5125 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    5 advanced miles with Leslie today

6.5 miles outside today

42 miles with Leslie to date

48 miles outside to date

90 miles total to date

goal 150

Happy Walking!!! LouAnn
  • texasgardnr
    Options
    I usually can't do this too often, but I have some extra minutes right now before my DH gets home, so I’m gonna give some shout-outs to any one who posted since I last posted yesterday. Y’all make my day when I get on here to post my miles and I get to read all of your lovely posts :flowerforyou: .

@ startergal53, thank you for your sweet words. Now that was an amazing word picture that you drew for me. Again, thank you!! That is awesome having the track to yourself this morning.

@ PinkyPan1, I do hope that the breathable knee brace will help your knee not to hurt. I’m glad that the 15 minutes of yoga helped you to feel better today.

@ nonacgp, bravo for you for finding a solution to your current, and I hope temporary, technological woes. YouTube to the rescue!

@ Healthymom_5, the WATP Ultimate Collection was my first ever LS DVD. And still one of my favorite go-to DVDs. I absolutely love the 4 mile Super Challenge. I simply love all the WAP Express walks.

@ 2essie, you just keep adding in those pounds. You are always so precise in counting your miles: “4.79 miles walked today”. How do you do it if you don’t mind sharing? I used to plot out walks and have a number of them on an internet run mapping site. But if I changed my walk up even a bit, or walk with a neighbor, it throws everything off. So I count minutes now.

Alex, I am sorry about the refrigerator acting up and making noise. Hopefully it will work itself out since nothing can be found wrong. Google/ search the name of the fridge and the problem and you just might find out some information that helps you solve the mystery. I’m proud of you for keeping your commitment to walk a bit or more before your coffee.

@ AnnofB, 2 miles of Debbie Rocker's Walking for Weight Loss and 2 miles of Leslie's 5 Day Slim Down (Another DVD that I really like) is an awesome combination!!

@ heavenlyb14, 6 miles today is rocking it!!

@ bandit5125, your endurance must be amazing to have walked 90 miles this month so far.

• texasgardnr
    Options
    Wednesday:

3 miles: 5K With a Twist

0 outdoor minutes:

Goal for July: 40 + miles

So far: 20 Leslie/ or other walking DVD miles

So far: 180 outdoor minutes

• PinkyPan1
    PinkyPan1 Posts: 3,018 Member
    Options
    2 miles...taking a sick day.
  • Healthymom_5
    Options
    2 miles...taking a sick day.
    Aw, PinkyPan1, please take care of yourself! Rest days have helped you before and I hope it helps your knee this time! Everyone needs them from time to time - it can do wonders! You're great and such an encouragement!!
  • Healthymom_5
    Options
    " @ Healthymom_5, the WATP Ultimate Collection was my first ever LS DVD. And still one of my favorite go-to DVDs. I absolutely love the 4 mile Super Challenge. I simply love all the WAP Express walks. "

Texasgardnr- Super Challenge and the express walks were my first too, years ago! For some reason I no longer had them. Seeing AnnofB mention the Super Challenge helped me to remember, "THAT'S the one!!". So I ordered the collection and LOVE IT! I really enjoyed the Super Challenge this morning and recalled so much of it after all these years! Was able to chatter along with Leslie, lol!

4miles today - 20.75/40 done
  • lidenalex
    lidenalex Posts: 283
    Options
    today before the morning coffee: 1 miles
    today after the morning coffee: 10.5 miles

total to date: 78.5 miles

total calories to date: -6700 cal