Labor Day Challenge

Options
LolaBug85
LolaBug85 Posts: 201 Member
Time for the next challenge!

All these challenges have been very weight oriented (which is awesome!) but I think it would be great to start getting some other goals in as well. Weight goals are excellent for all of you that are still on your weight loss journey, but there are also a very large number of people in this group who have gotten to goal weight. So I think if we expand on these goals more, it will help challenge a more broad spectrum of people so we can support one another :)

So let's hear those goals! Whether your goal is to lose weight, maintain your weight, exercise more, get back on track with food, etc., let's hear them!

Labor Day is Monday, September 1st. We have about 2 months of hard work and dedication ahead. Let's do this!

Replies

• KatheryneH13
    KatheryneH13 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    For this challenge I have a weight loss goal and exercise goal!

CW: 189.9
    GW: 175.0

Exercise Goal: Finish the C25K program. I finished Week 1 - Day 2 yesterday. I should be done with the program by Labor Day.
  • JenaOnTrack74
    JenaOnTrack74 Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    I am so excited that I will be able to jump in and do a challenge with you all POST-OP!! Obviously I won't be able to do strenuous activity for a while but I will be losing some weight YAY!!!! :happy: :bigsmile:
    Wish me luck tomorrow I will be back home sometime Wednesday evening! :flowerforyou:
  • asia1967
    asia1967 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    My goal is to stick with my current plan. exercise 30min 3xwk, try to stay around1350 cal. and drink 16 glasses (8 oz)of water daily. It seems to be working for me, so not broke....don't fix it. This challenge will help me to stay on track. :flowerforyou:
  • Losing_Sarah
    Losing_Sarah Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I am so excited that I will be able to jump in and do a challenge with you all POST-OP!! Obviously I won't be able to do strenuous activity for a while but I will be losing some weight YAY!!!! :happy: :bigsmile:
    Wish me luck tomorrow I will be back home sometime Wednesday evening! :flowerforyou:

So excited for you! Congrats and good luck! Can't wait to hear how it all went.
  • Losing_Sarah
    Losing_Sarah Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    In like Flynn!

CW: 224.4
    GW: 210
  • garber6th
    garber6th Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    I'm in!

CW: 198
    GW: 180
  • Bubirn
    Bubirn Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I'm in too

CW: 226
    GW: 218

I've been walking 3 miles but need to get it in at least 3 nights a week.
    Arm work on the other days, seeing the sag.

Gerri
  • 5555price
    5555price Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm in!

CW: 342
    GW: 310

2 months post op, hoping I can keep my steady loss going.
  • Stephaniev51697
    Stephaniev51697 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I'm in again. I'm still in my weight loss phase, only 4 months out from Sleeve surgery so my main goal is to lose weight

CW: 176.3
    GW: 155

I'm also starting the gym with my daughter, aiming for 5 days a week so I'm adding this into the challenge as well to keep myself accountable. :)

Good luck everyone!
  • Stephaniev51697
    Stephaniev51697 Posts: 163 Member
    Options

So excited for you!!! Good luck and congratulations!
  • stroynaya
    stroynaya Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    So no weight goal for me this time. I went into surgery with no specific number in mind, but more for overall health. While I still need to lose more, I don't really care what the ultimate number is. The last big weight number for me is Onederland and since I'm only 1.4 pounds away, I would have to really screw up not to reach it. :noway:

Instead, I'm focusing on exercise. My goal for Labor day is to do strength training 2x/week and cardio 2x/week on top of my daily walking commute.
  • april731
    april731 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I'm in again!

CW: 264.6
    GW: 240

Exercise goals: Exercise at least 30 minutes every single day. Finish the C25K program!
  • katematt313
    katematt313 Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    CW: 202.5 lbs
    GW by Labor Day 9/1/14: 185 lbs

Also, I want to be exercising at the gym or briskly walking 2 miles 3x weekly by then.
  • vsg_joanna
    vsg_joanna Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    CW: 196.4 lbs
    GW: 180.0 lbs

Exercise goal: be able to run 6 consecutive miles by labor day :)
  • bundycat
    bundycat Posts: 14
    Options
    My challenge is by the 1st September to reach my goal weight
    current: 171 pounds
    goal: 149
  • JreedyJanelle
    JreedyJanelle Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    I met my July 4th challenge on July7th!!! fought for that last pound....

My goals for labor day are to continue with Turbo fire rotation. Starting week 3 this week, and will be going to gym once a week!
    CW 224
    GW 209
  • bbhofmann
    bbhofmann Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Count me in

CW 229.4
    GW 209

Weigh and Measure EVERYTHING I eat at home......

Currently exercise 3x's a week for an hour.... would like to increase to 4 x's a week by labor day....
  • tabatham1982
    tabatham1982 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I didn't make my last goal :( so I'm going to try even harder this time!!!

CW: 177
    GW: 160

Exercise Goal: I want to get in 5 work outs a week so at least 3x a week in the gym and then either walking or DVD at home 2x a week.
  • LolaBug85
    LolaBug85 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Great goals everyone! Keep them coming!

I guess I should make one too haha ;)

I currently do strength training classes for 45 minutes 3 days a week and the opposite 3 days I do 45 minutes of kickboxing. I am coming up on my 1 year anniversary of when I started kickboxing and really got my health in check. So, for these next couple months, my goal is to attend double classes at least 2 days a week. I currently teach these classes 2-3 days a week so I would need to attend a class AND teach on the same day. So, that's my goal!

I get my 1 year "after" picture taken so I want to see a HUGE difference from my before photo taken 1 year prior when I first started kickboxing and strength training :)
  • rpyle111
    rpyle111 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    I'm iffy about joining because I will likely have my surgery, but I'll try:

CW: 358
    GW: 335

Exercise goal: 3x per week to the gym for cardio, minimum of two of those including strength.
    Secondary Exercise goal: learn to do Squats and start doing them

All this will change depending on when my surgery is scheduled

Rob