Gaining weight after 2 1/2 years

Options
nancycaregiver
nancycaregiver Posts: 812 Member
I've been doing Atkins since February 2012. I lost 84 pounds and met my goal. So I upped my carbs to maintain and have done well with maintenance for 8-9 months. I started gaining a little but was not too worried. Then I noticed I was consistently gaining weight. So I started back logging my food and being more strict 12 days ago. Since then, I have consistently gained everyday. I started a running program 5 weeks ago. I would have thought that would boost my metabolism. My pants are getting tighter so it's not that fat is turning to muscle. Any ideas what's going on or any suggestions?!?!?????

Replies

• nancycaregiver
    Options
    Check out my diary and see what I'm doing wrong! PLEASE!!
  • nancycaregiver
    Options
    Oh, another factor that may or may not be related...I've started going through menopause. Don't know that it would make a difference.
  • strawmama
    strawmama Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Hey Nancy! I didn't realize we were no longer friends!
    Your diary isn't open...I'll take a look when you open it!
    Congrats on reaching your goal :)
  • ali59oc
    ali59oc Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Oh dear. You are living my nightmare. I'm already in menopause but using HRT, don't know if that makes any difference except they do say hormones have a lot to do with weight loss/gain. Maybe you should jump start by going into Induction until you level off and start losing.
  • nancycaregiver
    Options
    Oh dear. You are living my nightmare. I'm already in menopause but using HRT, don't know if that makes any difference except they do say hormones have a lot to do with weight loss/gain. Maybe you should jump start by going into Induction until you level off and start losing.

I've just started this menopause ordeal. I was actually excited about it as I had massive blood loss to the point of anemia every month. My doctor will not do much until I am menstrual free for one full year. Guess what started yesterday! ????. The good news is that they are coming about every 2-3 months and only lasting 5-6 days (as opposed to 8-9) and much lighter. So no HRT for me for awhile. But thanks and Happy Menopause!
  • melodymedlin
    melodymedlin Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Hi first off congrats on the loss and since you know you can do it keep at it!!! I will say this.....

hormones play a huge part in not only how we feel but also what we weigh. Last year after 2 1/2yrs of struggling with cyst, tumors, and anemia, my doctor finally told me we had no other option but Hysterectomy and you know what afterwards although I'm peri-menopausal now I'm very content and feel tons better. Speak to your doctor about black cohosh. My doctor recommended this for 3months on and 3months off. Its over the counter and boy can I tell a change!!!! Good luck on your journey God bless :) Sorry I couldn't help you more.