MONTHLY CHALLENGE JULY (2014)

Options
(Note: I will probably not have a weekly challenge this week. It's getting late for that.)

I know, I know. We've lost 9 days of the month. We still have 22 days to work with! Let's get to it.

JULY CHALLENGE

1. Hit 100 miles this month (running, walking, biking, swimming)
2. Hit 100 squats
3. Hit 100 Lunges

Have a good day folks! Don't forget to introduce yourself and check back for daily challenges! :flowerforyou:

Edit 7/20: For next month I think the monthly challenge will change into just an overall miles thing rather than body weight and miles! Thanks.

-LUOY :flowerforyou:

Replies

• BruinsLeafs718
    Options
    Im Will :)

so far this month ive completed

1. 37.87 miles or 60.95 km(Canadian:) ) (or 79, 164 steps :P)
    2. approximately 50 squats(was doing 20-30 a day for the first two days.. then went on vacation
    3. havent attempted lunges... knee doesnt work with regards to lunges!

look forward to all these challenges :)
  • Chrissy292018
    Chrissy292018 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I am looking forward to these challenges! I'll have to look back and see what I have done so far this month. I don't know how many miles I have gone etc.
  • Listeninguponyou
    Listeninguponyou Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    Im Will :)

so far this month ive completed

1. 37.87 miles or 60.95 km(Canadian:) ) (or 79, 164 steps :P)
    2. approximately 50 squats(was doing 20-30 a day for the first two days.. then went on vacation
    3. havent attempted lunges... knee doesnt work with regards to lunges!

look forward to all these challenges :)

Sorry to hear about your knee! Great to see you have done so much for this month! :D
  • Listeninguponyou
    Options
    1. 39.37 miles completed.

2. 40 squats completed.

3. 40 lunges completed.
  • jjwren05
    jjwren05 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I should be able to get the 100 miles, I walk a lot at work... the squats and lunges - will really have to work hard to reach 100 of each. Looking forward to trying though!
  • Listeninguponyou
    Options
    I should be able to get the 100 miles, I walk a lot at work... the squats and lunges - will really have to work hard to reach 100 of each. Looking forward to trying though!

Good to hear! That's really all the challenge is meant to do! :)
  • BIggestLoseraddict15
    BIggestLoseraddict15 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! I am April, and I have a goal to lose 58 pounds. I have lost 36 already. I have decided to give up alcohol entirely and replace it with workouts. the more support the better. thanks!
  • Listeninguponyou
    Options
    Hello everyone! I am April, and I have a goal to lose 58 pounds. I have lost 36 already. I have decided to give up alcohol entirely and replace it with workouts. the more support the better. thanks!

That's great news! Welcome!
  • IndecisiveGirl2013
    IndecisiveGirl2013 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a fun challenge. I'll have to start counting how many miles. Squats I've done 90 so far this month. :)
  • Listeninguponyou
    Options
    Sounds like a fun challenge. I'll have to start counting how many miles. Squats I've done 90 so far this month. :)

Great job! There's plenty of free apps that track gps if that's what you need! Hope to see you on the next challenge!:smile:
  • Jennkies
    Jennkies Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I will be working toward these goals! I do squats in Zumba and in weight lifting, probably 50 each week. Never have done a lunge... So I will need to look this up to do it properly - may try this while holding weights. And 100 miles should be pretty easy with how much I walk now with my Fitbit One!

Btw... if anyone wants to connect on Fitbit, let me know so we can challenge each other and see how we do each day!
  • CraftyPants77
    CraftyPants77 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Love this!
  • Rebamae
    Rebamae Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    I love these challenges!! :flowerforyou:
    I am doing exercises that I never dreamed I could do!

I am working on each of them :bigsmile:
  • Listeninguponyou
    Options
    1. -64.47 miles completed

2. - 100 completed

3. - 100 completed
  • Listeninguponyou
    Options
    I love these challenges!! :flowerforyou:
    I am doing exercises that I never dreamed I could do!

I am working on each of them :bigsmile:

Great job! Happy to hear it!
  • fivekidlets
    Options
    I'm starting late, but hoping I can get this in this month yet!

I'm Amanda, a mom of five, and ready to lost that pregnancy weight once and for all! I'm 31 and our youngest child just turned one. No more excuses! Thanks for this group. I love accountability and challenges :)
  • jayanthiganesan
    jayanthiganesan Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi hi i just join the group.:glasses: :glasses:

I love these challenges..:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: thank you

Tis month completed

1. 81.06 miles or 171,203 steps :happy:
    2. Squats completed :laugh:
    3. lunges 20 times only :noway: , by end of month must hit the target :glasses: