DAILY CHALLENGE #1 (7/10)

Options
It's probably a bit late in the day so I will probably have this and tomorrow's challenge be the same.

Let's start out simple.

Everyone can walk. Plenty can jog. Lots of people can run. BUT HOW FAR can you go?

It's a known fact that 10,000 steps a day is very healthy for the body. Yeah, but some of us do that all the time... piece of cake. Well? What about say 16,000 steps or around 8 miles today? Yeah? No? Too tough for you? I'd say try for it, see what you can do? Me? I'm only so far in, but the day is still young my friends.

LET'S DO THIS!!!

Replies

• BruinsLeafs718
    Options
    good thing about being on my feet at work .. at around 6000 now with 5 hours left in my shift... not to mention doing stuff after work! my days off are going to be my hard parts!
  • Eatsomethinggreen
    Eatsomethinggreen Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    My challenge will be 10,000 k. Sometimes I don't even get to 5k. So 10k for me it's a accomplishment ????
  • Listeninguponyou
    Listeninguponyou Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    My challenge will be 10,000 k. Sometimes I don't even get to 5k. So 10k for me it's a accomplishment ????

Hey, that's still good! Hope you make it today! :flowerforyou:
  • Liv2LovemyBody
    Liv2LovemyBody Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Okay this is my first day on fitness pal and I'm up for a challenge. I have two young kiddos but I'm still going to try this because even if I get 1 mile its better then nothing and not trying at all. =) Getting on my sneakers now while my youngest is napping and getting on the treadmill. Wooot!!
  • Listeninguponyou
    Options
    Okay this is my first day on fitness pal and I'm up for a challenge. I have two young kiddos but I'm still going to try this because even if I get 1 mile its better then nothing and not trying at all. =) Getting on my sneakers now while my youngest is napping and getting on the treadmill. Wooot!!

that's the spirit! :)
  • Listeninguponyou
    Options
    good thing about being on my feet at work .. at around 6000 now with 5 hours left in my shift... not to mention doing stuff after work! my days off are going to be my hard parts!

Seems like you'll be there in no time!
  • CaliforniaGirl84
    CaliforniaGirl84 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I have been sitting at a desk all day! Managed to walk on my first break but not at lunch. Will be walking around the block in about an hour and hit the gym after work to get some more steps in. I use a fit bit and I am only at 3336 steps so far, yikes! I aim to get at least 10k steps everyday but the past few weeks I have def been slipping.
  • Liv2LovemyBody
    Liv2LovemyBody Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Okay just completed 4.76 miles... wow feels gross but so wonderful to sweat this much at the same time. Still want to try for 8 before the days over =) Feeling better already!!
  • jjwren05
    jjwren05 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Not sure I can do this but am willing to try.
  • Listeninguponyou
    Options
    It was rough but I completed my task of 8 miles... the question is did you make your goal? :)
  • BruinsLeafs718
    Options
    Got to 10,000 my daily goal right now is set at 8000 steps so I beat that!
  • jjwren05
    jjwren05 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Reached 17,793 steps. Thanks for helping me push myself.
  • Listeninguponyou
    Options
    Great job everyone at completing the first challenge! If you didn't make it remember that at least you tried and hey, there's another challenge to beat tomorrow! :wink:
  • KandGRanch
    KandGRanch Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Ended up with 26,302 steps
  • Listeninguponyou
    Options
    Ended up with 26,302 steps

:O AMAZING! That's great news! 13 some miles! :smile: