• 2essie
    2essie Posts: 2,867 Member
    Options
    4.15 miles walked today

43.24 miles walked to date
  • 2essie
    Options
    Texasgardnr - I have a fitbit that counts my very precise miles.
  • heavenlyb14
    heavenlyb14 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Four miles before breakfast and one mile this evening.

xx
  • supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    Hello Leslie friends!

Goal for July: 135 miles
    To date: 30 miles
    Left: 105 miles
  • Shannnabanana
    Shannnabanana Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Okay i'm about 10 days late joining this months challenge but I am going to set a 60 mile goal for the rest of the month. So that should put me at 3 miles per day for the rest of the month.

I love leslies workouts and i always come back to them, they're easy on my knees and not super intense but i still get an awesome calorie burn!
  • bandit5125
    bandit5125 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    5 advanced miles with Leslie today

4 miles outside today

47 miles with Leslie to date

52 miles outside to date

99 miles total to date

goal 150

Happy Walking!!! LouAnn

I am a woman on a mission, my daughter is getting married sept 14 and I want to lose another 15 pounds before then. That is what is keeping me motivated to walk!
  • texasgardnr
    texasgardnr Posts: 2,660 Member
    Options
    Thursday:

0 miles: 0

0 outdoor minutes:

Goal for July: 40 + miles

So far: 20 Leslie/ or other walking DVD miles

So far: 180 outdoor minutes

Needed an extra rest day today :ohwell: .

@ 2essie, thanks for answering my question about how you are measuring your outdoor miles. That is cool the fitbit can do that :happy: I've been pondering getting either that or something similar someday. But too many decisions when I was looking at the fitbit and other such devices lol.

@ Healthymom_5, yay for having the Super Challenge w/o again!! So much fun to answer Leslie's questions or make comments before she even says something :laugh: . Or sometimes I find myself getting ready for a new movement right before she announces it :tongue: . Or to know when to change up a movement because Leslie is distracted and is talking and doing knee lifts for forever :laugh: .

@ PinkyPan1, feel better soon :flowerforyou: .

@ LouAnn , congratulations on your daughter getting married! Cheering you on toward your weight loss goal!!

@ partywalk, welcome to the challenge! Yes, the walks are both effective as well as easy on knees and other such joints. Even if a certain move is too bouncy or not good for someone to do, one can always modify or substitute another move!

See y'all tomorrow :heart:
  • startergal53
    startergal53 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I am a woman on a mission, my daughter is getting married sept 14 and I want to lose another 15 pounds before then. That is what is keeping me motivated to walk!
    [/quote]

Hey LouAnn!

What a great goal and a wonderful celebration to look forward to. Woman on a mission no kidding!
    You go girl:bigsmile:
  • startergal53
    Options
    (lol I forget how to make it look that this was your statement/quote what ev-)

Mower quit today so I had to ride instead of push it off.

3 miles today:
    37/110
  • texasgardnr
    Options
    (lol I forget how to make it look that this was your statement/quote what ev-)

Mower quit today so I had to ride instead of push it off.

3 miles today:
    37/110

startergal53, just click on the "quote" button and it will look like this ^
    I copy and paste the persons name who wrote the post I am quoting onto my reply so it is clear who I'm quoting and responding to :flowerforyou:
  • awakencordy
    awakencordy Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi! I feel so small against your miles and everyone knows everyone but I just started and yesterday was my second day. I have a bad ankle and bad knees, so even though 1 mile doesn't tire me, I have to start small or my ankle hurts a lot. Good news is though, the second day didn't hurt as much as the first day, it's getting used to the stretch. Yay!

So ;

8th - 1 mile
    10th - 1 mile.

I'm a newbie baby :D
  • zichab
    zichab Posts: 1,452 Member
    Options
    Hi! I feel so small against your miles and everyone knows everyone but I just started and yesterday was my second day. I have a bad ankle and bad knees, so even though 1 mile doesn't tire me, I have to start small or my ankle hurts a lot. Good news is though, the second day didn't hurt as much as the first day, it's getting used to the stretch. Yay!

So ;

8th - 1 mile
    10th - 1 mile.

Awakencordy- Welcome to this group and I am glad you came over. I saw your post on the forum about losing weight walking with Leslie and some one else had already told you about this group! No worries about starting small-everyone does. If you start small, everything from there on goes up! :wink: I also have a bad knee and find that walking helps. I think because it strengthens the muscles that support the knee. In any event, take it slow and easy and you will be doing multiple miles in no time! We will encourage you all the way! :drinker:
  • heavenlyb14
    Options

So ;

8th - 1 mile
    10th - 1 mile.

Don't let yourself feel like that, every step counts. There's no way that I could have managed as much as a mile when I started. Happy walking :flowerforyou:
  • PinkyPan1
    PinkyPan1 Posts: 3,018 Member
    Options
    Guess who's back.....Pinky. I do not know what happened the other day during my walk. I almost passed out and barely made it back home. I had dizzy spells, a slight throbbing in my ear and profuse sweating. Whatever it was appears to be gone. Thank you for the get well wishes and I am glad to say I did 6.5 miles this morning. :smile:
  • startergal53
    Options
    Welcome to the new walkers!
    Baby steps Bob! :bigsmile: Walk at your own pace in your own style that is the way to keep it going.
    If there is one thing I have learned from walking with Leslie is there is no wrong way to do it. Keep that in mind the idea is to put that muscle in motion period!

I am always inspired by what others are doing, challenged too, but ultimately we own our walking and determine how best to increase movement and reach our individual goals. No two bodies/ people are the same and what works for one may not for the other.

Whoa PinkyPan1! Glad you are back - was it heat related? Dehydrated? Do take care and don't push keep listening to your body.

So keep moving folks- it's "fab" Friday!

Also, I gotta say I get more miles in when I have phone calls to make (the easy miles outside that is). This morning after doing a couple of 12-15 minute miles I made three phone calls that needed done and finished off walking easy.
    It's like taking a friend along ya know?

6.5 miles
    43.5/110
    And the day isn't over folks!
  • texasgardnr
    Options
    Friday:

2.5 DVD miles: Walk & Jog (from the WAP Fat Burning collection)

60 outdoor minutes.

Goal for July: 40 + miles (plus focus on strength more)

So far: 22.5 Leslie/ or other walking DVD miles

So far: 240 outdoor minutes

@ startergal53, LOL about taking a friend with you when walking during a phone call! Awesome multitasking :laugh: !

@ PinkyPan1, I had no idea that you were feeling that bad :noway: yesterday while walking. I'm so happy that you made it home and feel healthy today ~ and even put 6.5 miles in the bag this morning!

@ awakencordy, welcome to the walk challenge! I so agree with what everybody wrote about not feeling small, nor comparing yourself to anyone else here. And that most of us started out with a mile- more or less. And for some of us that was a huge milestone!

Every mile starts with a single step, and as startergal53 so aptly put it "....ultimately we own our walking and determine how best to increase movement and reach our individual goals."

That is the beauty of these challenges - we make our own goals for what we want to do, or can do. Cheering you on as you sort out what you your walk will look like :flowerforyou: .

I had a severe fracture needing several casts as well as two surgeries on my ankle around 40 years ago (I'm 63 now), and I need to modify certain bouncy moves or substitute another move. This said only to let you know that I understand. So make your walk work for you. For me the older WAP walks, or the Walk Slim series of walks work best for me not needing to substitute moves. The newer Just Walk series is more bouncy at times. But I still enjoy those DVDs so I substitute or modify.

See if your local library carries the LS DVDs and see which ones you like if you want to search out more one mile walks for variety. Or some people use YouTube.

Enjoy your weekend everyone!!

:flowerforyou:
  • 2essie
    Options
    4.41 miles walked today

47.65 miles walked to date
  • 2essie
    Options
    Texasgardnr - I love my fitbit but I think there are quite a few different ones coming on the market now, so even more choice to confuse us all now :sad:
  • lidenalex
    lidenalex Posts: 283
    Options
    today before the morning coffee: 0.3 miles
    today after the morning coffee: 6.7 miles

total to date: 85.5 miles

total calories to date: -6700 cal
  • heavenlyb14
    Options
    A short walk before breakfast and five miles this evening.

xxx