Side Quest: Big Trouble In Tiner's Town

Options

Replies

• nicca_jb
    nicca_jb Posts: 1,278 Member
    Options
    LOL..

[1] Well, I'm not particularly busy right now if you have anything in mind... < Go on a date with Tiner >
  • daybehavior
    daybehavior Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    @BRIAN

Roll em!
    [Racine Naval Outpost] -- You encounter Lakelurk :O 60s planking required.

[Jefferson High School] -- Nothing transpires...

[Milwaukee Safe Zone] -- You encounter Super Mutant :O 15 push ups + 15 sit ups required.

[Miller's Pond] -- Nothing transpires...

Sorry luck was not on your side this trip.....

Harmon Brackett
    < Mayor Of New Menomonee Falls >

"I knew Jason would come through for us. He was always a good kid. Thoughtful and caring. It's too bad them Enclave boys lured him way like they did to most of this town. I guess you're not all that bad seein as you came all this way to help us out...what is that you have there? Egads, son! This'll fry the little *kitten* up real good!"

Quest Objectives
    -Mayor Brackett wants you to place the [Sonic Emitter] in the [Town Square]

NEW MENONOMEE FALLS

[Town Entrance] -- [ Brackett Residence] -- [Brahmin Field] -- [General Store]

[Town Square]

[Scrapyard] -- [Tiner Residence] -- [Ravine]

-To get to the Town Square, you must run/walk/jog from the Entrance, each leg requires 3 minutes.
  • daybehavior
    Options
    ASHLEY
    Alright superstar, lets roll.

[Racine Naval Outpost] -- You find Uncommon+ weapon. [Murder in Small Town X] -- +5 DMG. (Two-Handed) A powerhead loaded with a .357 Magnum round attached to a spear used by fishermen for killing alligators and sharks. Increased damage on waterborne enemies. Benefits from both STR and PER modifiers.

[Jefferson High School] -- Nothing transpires...

[Milwaukee Safe Zone] --Nothing transpires...

[Miller's Pond] -- You encounter a Swamp Ghoul :O 2 minutes running in place + 20 calf raises required.

Harmon Brackett

"I knew Jason would come through for us. He was always a good kid. Thoughtful and caring. It's too bad them Enclave boys lured him way like they did to most of this town. I guess you're not all that bad seein as you came all this way to help us out."

Quest Objectives
    -Mayor Brackett wants you to patrol the town and help stave the Radscorpion infestation.
    -Kill the scorpions by completing this total body workout:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0CAcnhL5Sw
    -Return to Mayor Brackett when you're done.
  • daybehavior
    Options
    @LAYLA

< Petty Officer First Class Jason Tiner >
    "Gosh I had a real swell time! I can't believe we have soo much in common, eh?! *Tiner clumsily opens the door to his room and stumbles inside"...Yer real...keen Layla. Oh um, I've been savin this for a special occasion *he digs in his wallet and hands you a piece of paper* take me up on it sometime, eh? And here's my Pip Boy frequency. Call me sometime! (he winks before shutting the door on you)"

You receive
    -[Vertibird Guest Pass] -- You can now go directly to any quest destination by flying in the Vertibird with Tiner.
    -Special Perk It's Tiner Time! -- You can now call Tiner who will fine tune your Pip-Boy's logic to guarantee critical strikes for the next two turns. (15 AP cost)

If you choose not to use the Guest Pass, you proceed as normal.
    Quest Objectives
    -Travel to New Menomonee Falls and help the townspeople.
    -To reach New Menomonee Falls you must travel through the following landmarks*:

[Hero's Enclave] -- [Racine Naval Outpost] -- [Jefferson High School] -- [Milwaukee Safe Zone] -- [Miller's Pond] -- [New Menomonee Falls]

*Each leg of the trip requires the following
    Leg 1 - 1 mile run/walk
    Leg 2 - 15 curl ups
    Leg 3 - 15 squats
    Leg 4 - 15 lunges
    Leg 5 - 3 minutes of virtual jumprope.
  • bomftdrum
    bomftdrum Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I got robbed on that roll. LOL. Exercises completed.I completed all legs from the Entrance to the Town Square. I went and placed the [Sonic Emitter] in the [Town Square]
  • nicca_jb
    Options
    Just a note - I'm crackin' up.
  • hismogwai
    hismogwai Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    S3 P7 E5 C5 I2 A8 L10 

Weapons 
    Rare+: [Mercy]: +4 DMG.
    Uncommon: [Laser Pistol]: +3 DMG 

Armor: 
    Uncommon+ : [Enclave Private's Uniform]: 3 DT +1 LCK 
    Poor: [Ragged Cotton Tunic]: +1 DT 

I choose option 1
  • ThePinkPanda
    ThePinkPanda Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    ASHLEY
    Alright superstar, lets roll.

[Racine Naval Outpost] -- You find Uncommon+ weapon. [Murder in Small Town X] -- +5 DMG. (Two-Handed) A powerhead loaded with a .357 Magnum round attached to a spear used by fishermen for killing alligators and sharks. Increased damage on waterborne enemies. Benefits from both STR and PER modifiers.

[Miller's Pond] -- You encounter a Swamp Ghoul :O 2 minutes running in place + 20 calf raises required.

Harmon Brackett

"I knew Jason would come through for us. He was always a good kid. Thoughtful and caring. It's too bad them Enclave boys lured him way like they did to most of this town. I guess you're not all that bad seein as you came all this way to help us out."

Quest Objectives
    -Mayor Brackett wants you to patrol the town and help stave the Radscorpion infestation.
    -Kill the scorpions by completing this total body workout:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0CAcnhL5Sw
    -Return to Mayor Brackett when you're done.

ok Ghoul and radscorpion requirements met so i shall return to the mayor: "i've jumped through your hoops, the scorpions are dead. what next?"

*quick question: if the need arises, i can use my shiny new weapon in combat during this mission, yes?
  • daybehavior
    Options
    @BRIAN

You place the [Sonic Emitter] in the Town Square and detonate the mechanism, sending a large silent shockwave rippling through town. The Giant Radscorpions begin exploding in a disgusting mess, sending arachnid parts flying everywhere.

Harmon: We did it! Now the townspeople will no longer have to cower in their homes. New Menomonee is saved! We owe it all...
    *Before he finishes a Giant Radscorpion the size of a Cadillac bursts from the ground underneath him*

BOSS ENCOUNTER
    Radscorpion Queen
    Resists Poison
    40 HP, 4 DT
    Special Attacks: Poison Spear, Pincer Shred.
    Loot: Chance to drop rare item.

[BRIAN 70 HP / 20 AP] 9 DT
    S7 P6 E6 C6 I4(+1) A6 L5(+1)
    Overseer Note: Since you did not specify which two weapons to bring, I'm bringing in your strongest ones. You have to specify if whenever you want to switch weapons, however. The weapon currently in use will have an arrow next to it.

Attack
    >[Public Nuisance (Heroic)]: +4 DMG. Increased Critical Strike Chance. Ignores DT. Chance to poison enemy.
    [Charlene]: +4 DMG. A handcrafted .44 Magnum replica of Col. Autumn's [Missing Heart]. Charlene has a 20% chance of instantly killing an enemy
    Use Item
    Take Cover
  • daybehavior
    Options
    @ MEGAN
    Petty Officer First Class Jason Tiner
    < Overseer's Yeoman >

"*Tiner frowns a bit* Gee...I guess I misjudged yer character. I suppose I can slip ya a few extra coins when payroll comes around" (You receive 1 gold piece)

Quest Objectives
    -Travel to New Menomonee Falls and help the townspeople.
    -To reach New Menomonee Falls you must travel through the following landmarks*:

[Hero's Enclave] -- [Racine Naval Outpost] -- [Jefferson High School] -- [Milwaukee Safe Zone] -- [Miller's Pond] -- [New Menomonee Falls]

*Each leg of the trip requires the following
    Leg 1 - 1 mile run/walk
    Leg 2 - 15 curl ups
    Leg 3 - 15 squats
    Leg 4 - 15 lunges
    Leg 5 - 3 minutes of virtual jumprope.

Additionally, you may choose to stop and explore any of the map locations between the Hero's Enclave and New Menomonee, where you may find items or encounter enemies.
  • daybehavior
    Options
    @ASHLEY. Yes you may :)

Harmon Brackett
    < Mayor New Menomonee Falls >

"You did a damn fine job, lady. Hopefully this will be the end of it and things can return to normal for us. We owe you our deepest gratitude. Feel free to kick up your heels and stay as long as you'd like"

You may now explore a safe New Menomonee at the cost of 5 AP per location. However, going from one location to the next requires a three minute jog/walk/march. You have 20 AP to spend. You may only move horizontally and vertically across the map.

[Brackett Residence] -- [Brahmin Field] -- [General Store]

• bomftdrum
    Options
    Thanks, those are the two I would have chosen. I am going to use [Charlene]: +4 DMG. A handcrafted .44 Magnum replica of Col. Autumn's [Missing Heart]. and not take cover. Let's see what this bad boy is about.
  • daybehavior
    Options
    im onw out right now, B. We'll have to finish this later -_-;
  • bomftdrum
    Options
    No biggie dude, whenever you get to it. I will trade you. I am stuck watching Mickey Mouse Clubhouse.
  • daybehavior
    Options
    LOL reminds me of when I used to babysit my nephews.

Harmon: So this is why so many of those creeps have been coming around lately. Go find somewhere else to fornicate ya ugly *kitten*!

Harmon Brackett begins to plant Proximity Mines...

---
    [Charlene] hits Giant Scorpion Queen for 1 DMG
    [Cruel Summer] hits Giant Scorpion Queen for 6 DMG
    ---

---
    Radscorpion Queen critically strikes Brian for 7 DMG xD
    Radscorpion Queen hits Harmon for 16 DMG
    ---

:O Proximity Mine starts blinking rapidly

Harmon: This lady's got high armor, Brian. It would do ya well to if you had a weapon that pierces though it....though that gun you're using is capable of lethal shots. It's your call, son.

[BRIAN 63 HP / 20 AP] 9 DT
    Attack
    Public Nuisance (Heroic)
    >Charlene
    Use Item
    Take Cover

[HARMON 44 HP]

Radscorpion Queen [33 HP]
  • bomftdrum
    Options
    I will switch weapons to Rare+ [Public Nuisance (Heroic)]: +4 DMG. I am still not going to take cover yet.
  • nicca_jb
    Options
    I've made it to the Naval Outpost, and am stopping for a quick breather. :)
  • ThePinkPanda
    ThePinkPanda Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    @ASHLEY.

You may now explore a safe New Menomonee at the cost of 5 AP per location. However, going from one location to the next requires a three minute jog/walk/march. You have 20 AP to spend. You may only move horizontally and vertically across the map.

[Brackett Residence] -- [Brahmin Field] -- [General Store]

ok, let me know if i'm reading this wrong or if i need to visit the places one by one. i'm assuming the Brackett residence is the starting point Or maybe it's tiner? i'm confused lol. so here goes:

1. explore the residence/talk to people inside
    2. -5ap:head over to the scrapyard and explore
    3. -5ap: Go to the Tiner residence and explore/talk to anyone there.
    4. -5ap: Brahmin field to explore
    5. my last -5 ap: the general store.
  • daybehavior
    Options
    @BRIAN

---
    The blast from the proximity mine hits Brian for 16 DMG
    ---

---
    Public Nuisance critically strikes Radscorpion Queen for 9 DMG xD
    Proximity Mine hits Radscorpion Queen for 10 DMG
    ---

---
    Radscorpion Queen critically strikes Harmon for 24 DMG xD
    Radscorpion Queen attacks Brian but he dodges...
    ---

:O Radscorpion Queen raises its tail

[BRIAN 47 HP / 20 AP] 9 DT
    Attack
    Public Nuisance (Heroic)
    >Charlene
    Use Item
    Take Cover

[HARMON 20 HP]

Radscorpion Queen [14 HP]
  • daybehavior
    Options
    @LAYLA