Weekend Meal Prep

Options
hoyagirl03
hoyagirl03 Posts: 220 Member
Hi all--- I've done this for a round and I found that one of the biggest successes in getting the food stuff right is prepping my meals for the week! I highly suggest you do a quick google search for "sunday meal prep' or even look on pinterest on "sunday meal prep" to get ideas on how to prepare for your week and separate things out by tupperware after you've measured them in the containers first. If you're guessing throughout the week, you're going to be a little frustrated. So use today, Saturday and Sunday to get your meals together if you already have your kits.

What are you making this weekend? :)

Replies

• paulainks
    paulainks Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Weekends are the worst. Planning meals out during the week, easy. By the time the weekend gets around, I've got nothing.

Loving the 21 day portion plan but I'm up for new breakfast ideas. My go to is 2 eggs, sauteed veggies and splashes of hot sauce. Really yummy and filling but I'm getting bored with it.

What do you do for breakfast on the weekends?
  • hoyagirl03
    Options
    For weekend breakfasts, I'll be honest, I keep it pretty simple with a shake (Shakeology with some fruit) and some oatmeal. I usually make an egg frittata for the week on Sunday and have a bit of that (like your veggie and egg saute, but with a ton more veggies and throw them in a casserole dish and bake it for 30 min... enough for Sunday and the rest of the week).
  • paulainks
    paulainks Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Took this morning to plan out a week's worth of dinners. Not the usual 5 days but 7 days. May not have been ready for this weekend but i am ready for next.

It was fun going ot the store and filling up the cart with red and blue berries, cantaloupe, watermelon, tomatoes and greens. Here soon I'll be washing and cutting up the fruit. I put my "purple - 1cup" serving in snack size zip-locs. This way the are portioned out and easy to grab when I'm starved.

I see my son eating them as well, which is a nice bonus. The 21 day portion cups are really helpful. Do you get fat on eating too many carrots or blueberries? No, but its still nice putting food into actual normal portions.

FYI- found a Jerk Chicken recipe on Eating Well. I worked the recipe into this week's menu! Good luck with your meal planning.
  • ccarew77
    ccarew77 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies,
    Thanks for sharing! Today is Day 1 for me. I typically do some prep Sundays - boil eggs, make quinoa, clean/cut veggies, and bake chicken. But, it took me a litle longer yesterday since I am getting used to the program. We have a weekend at the lake with friends this weekend so that will be my first real life hurdle.
  • myepsen
    myepsen Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    Good morning all!
    I had zero time to do food prep this weekend but the excuse was I was hiking and biking all weekend so at least I was super active. I didn't have any alcohol and kept my food very clean.
    I had enough stuff in my house to get me through today and this afternoon, after work, I plan to do the shopping and prepping for th rest of the week.
    I did the first workout this moring. It was good and hard but not so bad that I couldn't do it.

I have a great bfast idea, it counts for 1 red and 1 yellow: 3 egg whites + a packet of steel cut instant oatmeal. Combine in a bowl and add a dash of cinnamon or nutmeg. Let sit over night. Cook it up like a pancake the next morning. Great protein and carbs for good energy after that workout.

Enjoy the day all!
  • PeaceMama2002
    Options
    I prepped my fruit/veggies over the weekend. A nice big kale salad, fresh mixed fruit salad, mixed fresh berries, and crudités. My purples and greens are ready to go.
  • hoyagirl03
    Options
    Great job everyone! I was able to do the veggie stifry mix and get a bunch of chicken baked. Super happy and it made today a success!