MFP and logging Vivofit

Options
nikkilcsw
nikkilcsw Posts: 1 Member
I can't seem to figure out if I need to log my activity on MFP or should I just let it read steps from Vivofit sync. For example if I run 3 miles do I log activity or just let the vivofit track the steps? I know cycling will need to be added since Vivofit won't get the movement. I'm trying to do this right and not give myself more activity than I actually earned. Any feedback is appreciated.

Replies

• ann121212
    ann121212 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Do you use a hrm with the vivofit?

If so it will log your cycling as an activity and then transfer it to mfp automatically.

If connect and mfp are synced your step calories will automatically transfer over.
  • d4rkkn16ht
    d4rkkn16ht Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I can't seem to figure out if I need to log my activity on MFP or should I just let it read steps from Vivofit sync. For example if I run 3 miles do I log activity or just let the vivofit track the steps? I know cycling will need to be added since Vivofit won't get the movement. I'm trying to do this right and not give myself more activity than I actually earned. Any feedback is appreciated.

Vivofit is only a step/movement tracker + calories counter.
    It won't count cadences as it is located on our arm wrist.
    You can put it on your foot wrist to act as a cadence counter but I won't recommend that.

To count all calories you burn on your daily activity you'll need a HRM (Heart Rate Monitor) that compatible with it (ANT+ standard).
    Vivofit+HRM is more accurate in term of counting calories.

I hope this information can help you :wink:
  • czmmom
    czmmom Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I haven't been logging my activity into MFP. When I run,I use my HRM with the vivofit. It seems to do a pretty good job of calculating calories, so when I sync the vivofit, it adjusts my calories just fine. I also wear my garmin 620 when I run, and double check my calories burned on that just to make sure.