Shall talk about results?

Options
izu87
izu87 Posts: 267 Member
It's maybe what worries everyone - will you get results, will they be enough to feel happy and so on... So I decided to make this thread in order to have people share their results this time around.

I just started my second week of Insanity and I've decided to measure myself on the mornings after my Rest days. So this was today. I measure my weight every morning to see how it moves depending on what I've eaten the previous day and this past week I saw a steady movement of 100g down more or less every day. On Thursday I saw a big -1.5kg since the beginning, but this morning it had moved up to only -1kg (roughly 2 pounds).

I am surprised to see a movement in the scale so soon and so quickly - I lose cm's easily, but kgs are soooo hard for me. So even if it sticks to -1kg for now - yey!

On the cm's side I have lost a cm from tummy, each leg fattest part, above my knees, 2 whole cms off my butt and 1.5cm off my waist. Sooo happy!

If I keep the trend for the rest of the program I'll certainly reach my goals this time around. We'll see about how it goes...

So, what are your results and how have you decided to follow those? Daily, weekly, monthly?

Replies

• DominiqueRobinson28
    DominiqueRobinson28 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Hey Izu87 congratulations on your progression. Keep it up. My first round of Insanity I went from a size 10 to a 6. I could barely keep up felt dizzy and was sore as he!! but Im so glad I didnt give up even though they were difficult I gave it my all and my eating was on track. My second round of Insanity was easier or (atleast the first month was) but I didnt lose as much weight I gained alot of muscle and abs.
  • HJO1403
    HJO1403 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    My first run through of Insanity was paired with me completely changing my diet & lifestyle as well as gym habbits.
    There's a before and after shot on my profile pics (Not sure how to post) but the results speak for themselves, hard work and dedication can produce some great things!

Congrats on your progress. Keep plugging away at it no matter how hard it gets!
    Don't forget to post an update
  • lizziegs
    lizziegs Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I am halfway through week two and measured and weighed myself two days ago. So far, no change but I feel different. Everything is tighter and a little firmer so I'm not getting down yet. I also know that it is month two that the results really start to show.
  • ba502
    ba502 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I am halfway through week two and measured and weighed myself two days ago. So far, no change but I feel different. Everything is tighter and a little firmer so I'm not getting down yet. I also know that it is month two that the results really start to show.

I'm the same...no difference yet with measurements and scale, but I'm feeling tighter and my pants are feeling looser. I'm into week 3.
  • KeishaMag
    KeishaMag Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    For anyone that's already finished Insanity...did you find that you saw bigger results in the first month or the second?

I'm finishing up week 4 and just now seeing the scale move. I started at 170lbs and after the second week I was up to 172. I almost gave up but decided to keep pushing...and today I'm down to 167. I'm hoping to see greater results in month 2!
  • izu87
    izu87 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Keisr, from what I've read around the forums most people start to see real results in month 2.
  • DominiqueRobinson28
    Options
    keister lizz and ba502 The second month is when you will start seeing results. The first month is just getting you prepared for month. Dont go buy what you see on the scale once I seen my back fat was gone I knew that I was making progress lol I was one month in the program and my weightloss was only 7 pounds My first round of Insanity I was able to lose 25 pounds but thats only because I also ran five days a week. If you check the scale everyday you will get frustrated because your weight is constantly fluctuating due to your water intake and different changes in your workout regimen. Dont get discouraged if your not seeing the pounds come of right away be encouraged by the progression of your fit test and sudtle changes you notice about the muscle your gaining. You will love your results just keep pushing play. You got this!!
  • triplet218
    Options
    I have just completed my first fitness test! Feeling weak/shaky now but completed with results not too bad?! Had to have a fair few breaks though! I am hoping Insanity will tone me up & help me lose a stone or two!
  • Nicci93
    Nicci93 Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    So I'm in the middle of the first week of Month 2 and I've gone up close to 7 pounds. I haven't been clean with my diet AT ALL this week, but 7 pounds? At the end of the recovery week I finally lost my first 2 pounds, so its really discouraging gaining them back plus more.

My stomach actually looks more bloated, and my hands are puffy. I'm hoping this means its just extreme water retention with a pound or two gain from poor eating... What do you all think? When I started Month 2 I was excited to finally start seeing more results, so this is definitely not what I was expecting to happen.

::drinks more water:: :( Help?
  • DominiqueRobinson28
    Options
    You have to watch not only what your eating but also your portions I made that mistake of thinking that just because I was eating healthy I should be losing weight and that's not always true. Portion control is very important. You also have to take in account what your drinking. You have to count juice soda and any beverage besides water into your diet

Or it could be that the main thing that is changing overnight is the amount of water in your system. It's amazing how much water weighs! A gallon of water weighs 8 pounds, and a pint of water (16 ounces) weighs 1 pound (in metric, 1 liter of water weighs 1 kilogram). This means that if you drink a 1-liter bottle of soda, you instantly gain 1 kilogram (2.2 pounds) from the water! That's a big weight change, and it can happen very quickly.

There are two processes that cause you to lose water gradually. The first is respiration. Each time you exhale, you lose a little bit of water (exhale onto a cool piece of glass and you can see this moisture). The second is transpiration through the skin, also known as sweating. Over the course of a night, both of these processes eliminate quite a bit of water.

Then there is the tradition of using the restroom prior to the morning weigh-in. That process can eliminate up to 1 pound (0.5 kilograms) of water.

The average person eliminates about 1.2 liters of water in urine each day, and also eliminates about 1 liter a day through perspiration and respiration. That's 2.2 kilograms (almost 5 pounds) of weight fluctuation happening throughout the day!

You may have heard that it's important to drink about eight glasses of water every day. Respiration, transpiration and urination are the reasons why!