Day 2 (and summary of day 1)

Options
myepsen
myepsen Posts: 1,794 Member
Well...first day went pretty well until about 7:30 last night and I was really hungry and had a headache. I had even added an extra green container to my dinner just to help fill me up but I was still hungry.
A friend brought over olive oil cake and chocolate ice cream. I had a small slice and a 1/4 cup of the ice cream....not on the plan but I was still at 1000 calories yesterday. I probably need to find higher calorie options for the containers because 1000 is just not enough.
How did everyone else feel and do? Anyone else sore from the surrenders? Feelin' the hamstrings this morning :sad:

I did all my prep last night so I feel I am better prepared for the week.

Workout 2 - only got 1/2 way through because I ran out of time this morning before work but I will finish it when I get home tonight. I'm not flaking out... I just have to also walk my VERY high energy dog before work as well so fitting in a 30 min workout in the morning is a bit of challenge, I just need to figure out the schedule. I already wake up at 4am so I am NOT willing to get up any earlier.

Have a great day all!

Replies

• hig17
    hig17 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    No wonder you were starving, 1000 calories is too low for ANYONE.
  • ccarew77
    ccarew77 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Hey Myespen!

Yesterday was Day 1 for me as well. I found myself hungry a few times through the day, despite drinking (3) 24oz bottles of water.
    Headache kicked in mind afternoon but I know it's likely because of all the junk I let myself have at a girls weekend.

Last night's prep took a lot less time than Sunday because I kept triple checking.
    I'll explore a little more with recipes next week - want to get basics down for now.

Did Total Body Cardio Fix last night and then an hour long dog walk to stretch my legs.
    Upper Fix was this morning.
    Legs are feeling it right about now. But, I also tweaked my knee Saturday night trying to dance like MC Hammer. Yes, there were drinks involved.

Love having this group to share!
  • ccarew77
    Options
    Yikes!!! 1,000? No wonder you are hungry. Is that what the formula told you? I would think that is really low, especially with the daily workouts.
  • jewelsnyc
    jewelsnyc Posts: 20
    Options
    Hello everyone! Day 2 is going okay. I'm having a few kettle chips at the moment, but I think I'll be okay because I didn't get a chance to eat breakfast this morning. I woke up at 4: 45 & did the upper fix...which was a little rough, my shoulder & knees aren't in the best shape, but I made my way through. I'm praying as I get more fit, my joints will feel better as well. My goal is to do two work-outs a day. One in the morning & go to the gym in the afternoon (5days per wk). I don't know if I'll be able to it for the enitre 21 days...but I'll give it a go. I'm also giving up soda for the 21 day period to see just how much weight I can lose. I was shocked to get on the scale this morning to see 2.4 lbs gone!! I couldn't believe it. I'm sure I won't see results like that daily, but a girl can wish!! lol.

I had a slight issue with my work-out at the gym. I was on the eliptical & I started to feel very overheated & nauseous. So I just went on the threadmill and finished up. I think that happened because I ate before I went, I'm going to work-out today BEFORE eating lunch this time.

Last night I had a shake instead of eating anything solid & I think I will also continue this habit for the 21 days as well.

For the young lady that was around 1k calories, try and get some protein shakes that will boost up your intake & help with the headaches (and sweet tooth). I bought some cheap stuff at the local kmart "smart sense" in strawberry is yum!
  • myepsen
    Options
    Legs are feeling it right about now. But, I also tweaked my knee Saturday night trying to dance like MC Hammer. Yes, there were drinks involved.

LMAO...I am sure you looked great and graceful doing it :wink:
  • myepsen
    Options
    I am eating 5X per day - but according to my allotment of containers, I am only at the 1K calorie mark. I tried to fit in more today but if I do then I will go over my container budget, I am on the first column: 1200-1499

Here is what my meals look like, if anyone has any ideas.
    Bfast: 3 egg whites (1R) + oatmeal (1Y)
    AM snack: 1/2C FF plain greek yogurt + 1/2C berries + 1tsp agave (1/2 R, 1/2 P)
    Lunch: turkey sandwhich on whole wheat thin w/spinach, cucumber and hummus (1/2 R, 1Y, 1G, 1/2B)
    PM snack: apple w/peanut butter (1P, 1spoon)
    Dinner: pork chop, asparagus, salad w/dresing & sliced almonds (2R, 3G, 1O, 1/2 B)

All that adds up to 995 calories...and I have used all my containers plus an additional green :(
  • PeaceMama2002
    Options
    ccarew77: Healing wishes for that knee of yours.

jewelsnyc: I’m joining you in going soda-free for the 21 days. Switching over to seltzer.
  • PeaceMama2002
    Options
    myepsen: Kudos to you for tracking, so that you could realize your cals were on the low side.

Some quick thoughts of ways to modify your menu to up the cals:
    -Swap out 1or 2 egg whites for a whole egg
    -Add another teaspoon of PB. (Unless I missed it, you only had 1 spoon listed.)
  • myepsen
    Options
    myepsen: Kudos to you for tracking, so that you could realize your cals were on the low side.

Some quick thoughts of ways to modify your menu to up the cals:
    -Swap out 1or 2 egg whites for a whole egg
    -Add another teaspoon of PB. (Unless I missed it, you only had 1 spoon listed.)

Thank you peacemama- excellent suggestions. I will do that for my egg pancake in the AM.
    Sorry, I did list 1 spoon for the PB but I meant 2TBSP which is equal to the 1 spoon container portion on the program.
  • myepsen
    Options
    For the young lady that was around 1k calories, try and get some protein shakes that will boost up your intake & help with the headaches (and sweet tooth). I bought some cheap stuff at the local kmart "smart sense" in strawberry is yum!

Thank you Jewel. Good sugggestion! I am taking in some protein shakes, I like the Ideal Shape Shakes...they are yummy and only 1G sugar. I know the program promotes Shakeology but I didn't like the taste.
  • paulainks
    paulainks Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I’m joining you in going soda-free for the 21 days. Switching over to seltzer.

Soda Free!!! I was wondering. Diet coke is still my crutch. this forum is really helpful. I did terrible yesterday but I love hearing about your positive experiences, did well today and looking forward to tomorrow..
  • paulainks
    paulainks Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I am taking in some protein shakes, I like the Ideal Shape Shakes...they are yummy and only 1G sugar. I know the program promotes Shakeology but I didn't like the taste.

I've been doing GNC 25, super high in sodium but I'm not willing to pay for the Shakeology. My fave is chocolate blended with almond milk and ice.
  • hoyagirl03
    hoyagirl03 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Hey, jewelsnyc -- I hope you feel better! Just experiment on when you should eat before you head to the gym. Sometimes too much movement on a kind of full stomach can make things a little bad. And good for you on the soda free challenge for 21 days! When I'm in the mood for soda, I just get some seltzer water and put some lemon and lime juice in it! You're set to go!
  • hoyagirl03
    hoyagirl03 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    myespen --- highly suggest you swap out those egg whites with hard boiled eggs and then add on another tsp of peanut butter or almond butter. Also, I would up with a half thing yellow of carbs (like sweet potato/yams). That will help with the energy level. I think if you do two of those three suggestions you should be up a good 200 calories!
  • jewelsnyc
    jewelsnyc Posts: 20
    Options
    Hey, jewelsnyc -- I hope you feel better! Just experiment on when you should eat before you head to the gym. Sometimes too much movement on a kind of full stomach can make things a little bad. And good for you on the soda free challenge for 21 days! When I'm in the mood for soda, I just get some seltzer water and put some lemon and lime juice in it! You're set to go!
    Thanks Hoyagirl. I felt much better yesterday...& the 21 no soda challenge is probably harder the the 21 day fix regimen for me. But today is day 3 and I'm still going strong!
  • myepsen
    Options
    myespen --- highly suggest you swap out those egg whites with hard boiled eggs and then add on another tsp of peanut butter or almond butter. Also, I would up with a half thing yellow of carbs (like sweet potato/yams). That will help with the energy level. I think if you do two of those three suggestions you should be up a good 200 calories!

Sounds good! I will give those ideas a try.
  • ccarew77
    Options
    HaHaHa. Well we were all drunk so I am guessing we all "thought" we looked like back up dancers for Timberlake!