Food Fridays (7/18) - Make Friday A Good Day!

Options
13Strong
13Strong Posts: 502 Member
A calorie is not just a calorie! Our bodies need more than just kcal energy, they need nutrition.
ImportantChart_3_zpsab197f25.png
Every friday I'm going to post about different vitamins, minerals, and aspects of nutrition. You choose how you eat. I'll just find information on what it does for us!

Don't let Friday be the start of a bad weekend! Check in on your Food, Exericise and Water!

This week's info - FIBER :huh:
Differences-Between-Soluble-Fiber-And-Insoluble-Fiber-1013x1024_zps4735eaa2.jpg

And - remember to check on more than just that calorie count. :wink:

Replies

• texasbeu2y
    texasbeu2y Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I'm at the gym on the elliptical as I write I'm pedaling and thinking about donuts.. Smh ...when I leave the gym I will be stopping at the local donut shop (Shipley's) for my husband. I'm writing this to remain honest and accountable. It will be hard not to get any for me and watch my husband eat them, but I WILL dig deep and find that inner strength to say no. The plan is to start drinking my protein shake as I pull up to the shop to satisfy my craving.
  • 13Strong
    Options
    Texas - Be honest, because we are human and donuts or other foods are hard not to eat when those around us eat them.

Know what? Last time I gave into a donut, I regretted it! And I don't usually regret things as my choice, my decision gotta live with them. But, that donut was horrible to me! (And I use to love them - but now not palatable to me at all.)

That donut no longer is something we want - both in terms of taste and quality! :) You can do it!
  • kashaas
    kashaas Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Good morning! I am working all day today so it's gonna be a hard one. I started off my day with 20 min yoga... it felt good and I missed my morning yoga. I'm not sure why I stopped.

Feeling a little sore from my workout with Jillian Michaels last night. Mostly in my arms. I remember the first time I did 30 day shred years ago and was huffing and puffing and felt like passing out. Not this time tho.

Breakfast totaled 362 calories
    carbs: 32g
    fat: 20g
    fiber: 1g
    sodium: 560mg

Ugh... I need to grocery shop!

I've been taking the stairs instead of the elevator at work. I think I need to go for a walk for my lunch and eat my cliff bar and a piece of fruit. That will save me some calories and at least give me something healthy. I spend more time thinking about being healthy than actually doing it!

Tomorrow is my run day.. it's a short on so I'm sure I can pull it off. It just sucks that I have a Sunday run day too... and Monday back to 30 day shred.

I did step on the scale today and I did not lose nor gain... I stayed exactly where I was last week. It's a good thing since I didn't gain while on vacation. It works for me... happy Friday everyone :heart:
  • tskvaughn
    tskvaughn Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Breakfast was my usual, akk bran bran buds, Greek yogurt and blueberries. 16 oz water down.
    For lunch I will make my avocado chicken salad.
    Now, here is the problem. Hubby wants to go to dinner at our favorite seafood buffet. The last time I went I made very ad choices. I normally prefer my seafood not fried. However for some reason fried shrimp and oysters called me and I answered. I will say that I did not heap it on or go back for seconds. That much fried food after 6 months of pretty much eating right made me stuffed, bloated and sick. If I go and the fried foods all me I will either resist or have one of each and head for boiled shrimp and grilled snapper, which I love.
    Kasha as, I just finished 30 DS and started over for 21 days using higher weights. I find level 1 actually causes me to sweat more, wonder why?
  • 13Strong
    Options
    Ahhhhggggg.... So at work we are starting up a new plant thus the reason I'm working a lot of hours and maybe a bit more stressed. Anyway, the vender people bought pizza for us all since we finally fixed the latest issue. I ate 1 piece, felt hungry, and then ate 2. Normally the guys eat 3 or 4 plus breadsticks, plus wings, plus pop - and I go right along with them. But this time I only ate 2 pieces, no pop! 800-some calories. AHHHHH! I should have pre-tracked and thought twice about it.

Whatever. I'm burning calories doing all the flights of stairs and ladders we have here even though I'm not recording them. I'm just annoyed I ate junk and didn't pre-track. I should have only had 1 piece, then ate some of my lunch.

Fiber wise - I tend to eat a fiber-one bar and then whole grains. I don't always hit my goal, but I try to do well with it. I can tell when I eat a lot of junk food lately my stomach gets upset and I feel crappy. I would think that's a good thing as it will help me want to eat healthier, but it sucks on the days I don't eat healthier... If that makes sense.

I'm still annoyed about lunch. And dinner is going to be fast food or my lunch that I didn't eat (if I can pull off eating it in the car). I'll get out of work at 8pm, then have an hour drive to my fiancé's place.
  • 13Strong
    Options
    Breakfast was my usual, akk bran bran buds, Greek yogurt and blueberries. 16 oz water down.
    For lunch I will make my avocado chicken salad.
    Now, here is the problem. Hubby wants to go to dinner at our favorite seafood buffet. The last time I went I made very ad choices. I normally prefer my seafood not fried. However for some reason fried shrimp and oysters called me and I answered. I will say that I did not heap it on or go back for seconds. That much fried food after 6 months of pretty much eating right made me stuffed, bloated and sick. If I go and the fried foods all me I will either resist or have one of each and head for boiled shrimp and grilled snapper, which I love

Good luck at the buffet! Seafood sounds awesome. But I also like it steamed or boiled vs fried.
  • texasbeu2y
    texasbeu2y Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I did not eat any donuts....but it's dinner and I'm eating fried shrimp, fries and drinking wine..gave up one bad meal for another....
  • queendebor
    queendebor Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    The day started out with a trip through McD's drive-through. I had nothing at home for breakfast, and this running between my house and my daughter's house to pet sit has gotten old. But, at least I thought about how many calories I was throwing away, and planned the rest of my day accordingly.

I was craving pizza for dinner, but had my healthy meal instead. In the end, I went over by 30 calories, which I can live with after eating so little yesterday.

And my daughter and her family should be home within the next hour, so I get to sleep in my own bed and go back to my own schedule. I'm sure hoping this helps with getting some exercise in on a regular basis!
  • 13Strong
    Options
    Texas - Great job on not eating a donut. You said you wouldn't, and you didn't. It wasn't a trade off when you did it, so that's what matters.

Queendebor - Great job on not giving into the pizza craving! Really wish I had not eaten that pizza yesterday. Hopefully your schedule will get easier without pet sitting. It's funny how our time can easily be disturbed..