Protein Shake

Options
trgriffin
trgriffin Posts: 3 Member
I hope I'm not asking a question that has already been asked but can someone give me some names of good protein powders? I had my gastric bypass on 07/14 and previously used the HMR meal replacement powders as my high protein item. It didn't taste so bad but I'm hoping to find something new.

Replies

• rpyle111
    rpyle111 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Take a look at previous topics, there is one about protein sample packs you can get to try and see what you like. I have been happy with most that I have tried. The Syntrax Nectar has lots if fruity options. About Time also had some interesting flavors.

Rob

ETA. The topic is on page three right now
  • trgriffin
    Options
    Thanks so much!
  • Gingersfit
    Gingersfit Posts: 31
    Options
    I like the Unjury brand chocolate and vanilla protein powders. And the Syntrax Nectar products are good. On their website they have a sample pack of 15 for $15 (I think) and you can get a variety of flavors. They have good fruity flavors that mix well with water when you get tired of the ones with milk. I also like Muscle Milk 100 (no carbs/sugars) in the chocolate or vanilla flavors. They are a staple breakfast for me while driving in to work.
  • garber6th
    garber6th Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    I am a big fan of Cellucor protein powder. The Cinnamon Swirl and Peanut Butter Marshmallow flavors are really good. I like the Mint Chocolate Chip too. I like the consistency of it. I blend it with protein-added almond milk and that's my breakfast on work days. Once in a while I will add some PB2. The About Time wasn't bad, I liked the consistency but the flavors were kind of weak. I tried the Syntrax nectar flavors, they seemed ok at first but after a short time, I couldn't stand them. Try not to buy too much of one thing at this point. Your tastes will change a lot. There were things I liked both before and after surgery that I just don't like any more.
  • LorrainePratt13
    LorrainePratt13 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I've only tried the stuff my surgeon's office sells - Bariatric Advantage. The chocolate isn't TOO bad.
  • mpweathe
    mpweathe Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I like About Time Protein Powder. It's sweetened with Stevia and has a mild flavor and not so artificial tasting. You can order sample packs from their web page. http://tryabouttime.com/
  • pawoodhull
    pawoodhull Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    I love Syntrax Nectar, specifically the Vanilla Bean and the Capaccino. They have creamy flavors I mix with milk and non-creamy flavors you would mix with water like the lemonade flavor. Once you get to the point of eating yogurt, plain greek yogurt mixed with a 1/2 scoop of the Vanilla Bean tastes a lot like cheesecake. :wink:
  • trgriffin
    Options
    Thanks so much everyone you have been a great help! I will be ordering a few samples! :smile:
  • DJRonnieLINY
    DJRonnieLINY Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Isopure fan here. The powders and the clear liquid drink (I lived on the clear dirnks in the beginning).
  • csmccord
    csmccord Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    For the base vanilla, chocolate, strawberry I prefer the Max Protein made by SEI pharmaceuticals. I've found no better tasting protein. I've tried about 8 or 9 brands/flavors with no luck until this one. All the others were simply okay, or even worse. Once I went to SEI I was happy.

If you want different flavors, I suggest Nectar made by Syntrax.
  • juldga
    juldga Posts: 119
    Options
    i reccomend the same unjury & nectar. If I am trying to eat clean I go for about time protein powders