Day Three, July 22

Options
KarenZen
KarenZen Posts: 1,430 Member
Good morning!

I have a house full of company today and will be filling water balloons and passing out watermelon slices will day as the temps hit 83 (yes, that's steamy here in the north). Exercise and water will be easy today. Food will be more of a challenge, but I'm going n to try to stay full of water.

So I'm thinking for the first mini challenge that we do "try a new exercise." Challenge runs Saturday morning through Sunday night. 3 points available. To earn each point, you have to do a new exercise for ten minutes, so 3 exercises for 3 points. And" new" means something you've never done before. I've always been an exercise freak, so finding something new is going to be a real challenge for me, but I'm excited! What do you all think?

Have a good one!
K.

Replies

• catladyksa
    catladyksa Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    I am in...so is that 3 exercises for 10 minutes over a period of time from Saturday thru Sunday nite. Hummm going to have to figure at least 2 new ones I have not done...perhaps some DVD's that are dusty and never been opened before for exercising/yoga will count!!! I have never done pilates so maybe I can try 10 minutes of that for a start!

nancy
  • pittgal08
    pittgal08 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I'm so in! ;)
  • KarenZen
    Options
    This weekend will be a great opportunity to finally try PRANCERCISE!
    Original - Prancercise: A Fitness Workout: http://youtu.be/o-50GjySwew

Bwahahahahahahah!

Diana, want to do this with me in the Maine Mall?
  • blondageh
    blondageh Posts: 923 Member
    Options
    Interesting! I am actually trying something new this Thursday! I am going to YOGA!!! I am really excited and nervous at the same time. My girlfriends and I signed up for an hour long class. I emailed the instructor and warned her we are coming. :laugh: :huh:
  • artelyn
    artelyn Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Oh Emmm Geeee! So many things running through my head about the Prancercise lady. First being...get some leggings that don't reveal so much!! Good Lord! (and I am being very nice in editing what i want to say about her pants so that i don't offend anyone!!)

And Karen, dear, I think I will pass on the invite to join you at the mall! lol People don't want to see me doing something like that!! It even scares me to think about it! LOL!!

Off to go feed the ducks with the kids! Wahoo!

Diana
  • blondageh
    Options
    I haven't watched the video but just from Diana's description I so want to now and I also want to throw in extra credit points for whoever videos themselves doing these new exercises! Hahahahaa.
  • blondageh
    Options
    Omg...just watched the video. Almost peed my pants. Hahahahaha. ????????????????
  • mikesgirl4evr
    mikesgirl4evr Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    I'm in, but going to have to do some thinking and researching videos to find something I've never done before. Sounds like fun!
  • KarenZen
    Options
    Dee, if you find something good, let us know! I'll do the same, although I don't know if anything can top the prancercise lady.
  • NorahCait
    NorahCait Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I guess this is as good a reason as any to go to a Zumba class. Eeps.
  • pittgal08
    pittgal08 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    LMAO! I've never even heard of Prancercise! That was hilarious! Thanks for sharing! Haha
  • KarenZen
    Options
    As predicted, today was an easy day for exercise. Chasing two 9-year-olds and one 7-year-old in the Lake with water balloons for a couple of hours was a great workout. Food and water were good too.

I made an almost sugar free banana cream pie for dinner dessert (sf pudding, whipping cream with Stevia, 2 bananas, lo sugar crust). Very easy and delicious for 105 calories/slice.

Tomorrow I have the 7-year-old again, and we'll swim some more, then have an adventure out in the world. Love me some summer.

I Hope everyone did well today, but if not, catch me if you can! I earned my 3 points!
    K.
  • blondageh
    Options
    I finally had a 3 pt day. Yahoo! I had to, I jumped on the scale knowing its the devil during TOM but I was shocked to see a 10lb GAIN. I needed to swim. I don't know if a 1 hour swim in the shade is going to help much but it can't hurt. Only time can make that dreaded monthly bloat go away. It didn't help that I drank on my bday outing either. It wasn't even anything close to the 7 bottles of wine we tackled the last time, but it still contributed I'm sure. Le sigh, that scale better go down or I just undid a whole months worth. EEK.
  • catladyksa
    Options
    OMG Karen.... it is after 0430 am here and this is when I log in.....IF I did that Prancersize Gallop here, they would haul me away and lock me up!!! LMAO too!!!!

I had to ask the head of security here a couple days ago if it would be OK for me to wear an 'abaya (those long black things the ladies wear here), and cut it below the knee and wear leggings to do a jog / walk here on the compound! I got the OK not a problem and can ONLY IMAGINE the reaction of me doing this here in public!!! That video lead me to look at the 'How to Twerk' hahahaha!!! If I did that here in this very conservative world, I would probably get a oneway ticket home!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NgoyVRO0A0E
  • PatrickB_87
    PatrickB_87 Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    I guess I should go do something with my lazy bum...
  • ronercat
    ronercat Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    It was a nice, solid three point day for me over here. I am so close to getting under 400 for the first time in a long time, so I have the extra motivation to make sure I am doing what needs to be done haha.
  • catladyksa
    Options
    It was a nice, solid three point day for me over here. I am so close to getting under 400 for the first time in a long time, so I have the extra motivation to make sure I am doing what needs to be done haha.

YOU CAN do it!!!!! And just think how wonderful you will feel, mentally and physicially!! Go for it!!!!

Nancy
  • blondageh
    Options
    False alarm. Just got on the scale with all my clothes on and dow 3 lbs from the plus 10. Sorry for the panic. Must remember not to panic but still swim my hiney off! Felt great! Kiddo was super happy too!
  • KarenZen
    Options
    False alarm. Just got on the scale with all my clothes on and dow 3 lbs from the plus 10. Sorry for the panic. Must remember not to panic but still swim my hiney off! Felt great! Kiddo was super happy too!

Maybe skip the weigh-ins during your TOM? Otherwise you just wind up self-doubting and panicking, even though you KNOW it's just temporary weight!
  • blondageh
    Options
    I know right!? That WAS my plan and then I couldn't help myself. I must like the abuse? Not getting back on until Friday for sure!