Welcome to the Group! So glad your here!

Options
QueenBee2226
QueenBee2226 Posts: 9 Member
Good Afternoon:
Welcome to our new group. This is going to be a fantastic time to support those like us just needing to lose 25lbs or less. Yes, time creeps by and we gain weight slowly...and sometimes don't notice that much. Except, our pants are tight in the waist, our bras are now on the last hook instead of the first, our face looks a bit chubby...our size six....went to an eight...sometimes a 10 :::happy:
Well, time to do something about it! If you want to join this group that would be fantastic!! Hope to hear from you soon! We make the choice to make that change...please join!

Replies

• robinschafersaady
    robinschafersaady Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I would love to join this group. So describes me with my pants a bit tighter and face fuller. Need to lose that double chin!
  • _DSKG_
    _DSKG_ Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi there. This is the group for me! I'm 18 lbs away from my goal weight now :-)
  • QueenBee2226
    Options
    So glad your here...WELCOME!
  • QueenBee2226
    Options
    We have lots in common already! :laugh: Everyone please post their favorite breakfast when losing weight. I love oatmeal, and hot green tea! It keeps me full a long time, and my blood sugar so even and relaxed. It is only 100 calories total and the tea is so nice to sip after doing relaxing yoga and meditation. The green tea really is a great detox for your system too. I love it! Please share your breakfast with the group.
  • duckgirl969
    duckgirl969 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! Thanks QueenBee for creating this group :) 25 lbs to go for me. My favorite breakfast consists of 2 hard boiled eggs and a stick of string cheese (for the "grab and go" factor during the week). On weekends, it's scrambled eggs with turkey sausage crumbles, spinach, tomato, and Swiss.
  • christie_jean
    christie_jean Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hello! Thanks for making this group... describes me exactly. Tried on a pair of pants that used to fit perfectly and the button actually popped off of them. I didn't even know that could actually happen... I was mortified. :embarassed: Going to start tracking my diet in the morning. I work as a nurse overnight so my breakfast is actually like my dinner most days, but my favorite is egg whites with sautéed onion and zucchini. Yum!
  • suriah387
    suriah387 Posts: 1
    Options
    I'm so glad you created this group! I don't usually post in forums. It is great to hear from people in the same situation as me! My weight is in the 'acceptable' weight range, but I have a pretty small frame and the extra weight makes my knees hurt.
    Christie_Jean: I'm right with you. Last year I realized none of my pants fit. Then slowly I realized none of my "fat pants" fit, either. I just want to tone up and be in shape again, including losing enough weight to fit in my pants!

I started exercising regularly around April I think. I realized that my little brother's wedding was coming up, and not only did I want to look good (especially knowing those pictures were going to end up everywhere with my social media-obsessed SIL!), but I was a little afraid that if I didn't do anything differently I was going to outgrow the bridesmaid dress before the wedding! So I figured that motivation would be the jumpstart I needed to get back to exercising, and it seems like I was right :wink:
  • Fig_1946
    Fig_1946 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Hi! Yes, thanks for creating this group...it's perfect for me. I've lost 80 pounds so far, and would like/need to lose 10-15 pouns more. I'm little...just under 5' tall, with a smallish frame. I look good now (so they tell me) but I'd be happier, feel better lighter.

My breakfast is usually a banana and a cup of unsweetened almond milk. On Sunday, I go out to breakfast with my boyfriend and I'll have 1 poached egg and 1 slice of toast.

I'm looking forward to getting to know you all!
  • nielsonfam
    nielsonfam Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Thanks for creating this little group! I sometimes just linger on the message board because I just don't feel right about complaining about how hard it is to to lose 20 pounds when there are so many people with much bigger weight hurdles than me!
  • WordWhimsy
    WordWhimsy Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Thanks for creating this little group! I sometimes just linger on the message board because I just don't feel right about complaining about how hard it is to to lose 20 pounds when there are so many people with much bigger weight hurdles than me!

That is sooo true! This is the right group for us with this amount to lose.
  • QueenBee2226
    Options
    I am so excited that everyone is posting...keep up the good work! And yes, I agree it feels just not right to complain about twenty five or less pounds when someone has to lose fifty or more. This group is an opportunity to share, vent, and of course motivate each other for those few extra pounds. Those few pounds we notice...but, maybe other people just don't. Or they say...what you don't need to lose weight. But, the waist of our jeans tells us trim that small muffin top..:laugh:
  • rlallain
    rlallain Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! What a great group!! As some of you have already said, I feel bad complaining about needing to lose 15 lbs. in groups where people are trying to lose a lot more than that. But at the same time, those of us in this category need support, too!! I'm 37 and currently weigh 155 lbs., hoping to get to 140 lbs. (135 lbs. would be great, but I'll tackle that goal when I hit 140!) I've gone up & down in this same weight range my entire adult life. Very frustrating! I'm hoping to get down and stay down this time around. I have a tendency to stop tracking once I reach my goal weight, which clearly doesn't work. My goal this time around is to get there and then continue tracking in the "maintenance" stage for a few months until my brain adjusts to proper portion sizes, calorie intake, etc. to maintain. And then there's always the challenge of fitting in regular exercise, which is a struggle when you work full time and have 2 kids at home! :-)
  • 2muchchocncrisps
    2muchchocncrisps Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Hi ya all,
    Glad to be here! Great group as I really need to get back on track. I read several times that people got close to goal then put all the weight back on, and I couldn't believe it. Yet I had 10 lbs to go and I've gone backwards!
    So with probably 20lbs to go - if I got on the scales! I'm in
  • cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,439 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Chris and I've been fighting those last 10 pounds forever. My daughter is getting married in December, so the time has come to quit fooling around and get the job done before the final dress fitting in October or November. Thanks QueenBee226 for starting this group, it's just what I needed. :drinker:

Chris