Dental Implants

Options
Peggy108
Peggy108 Posts: 32 Member
Has anyone had a dental implant? I had the surgery to insert the post on Monday. Something happen with the threading of the post and a 2 hour surgery became a 4.5 hour surgery. It was awful. It is now 6 days later and I am still on pain pills. I am coming in way under on my calorie count but with a sore throat, jaw pain and nausea I really don't want to eat. I am worrying a bit that I am messing up my metabolism but then my jaw throbs and I don't care. Today though was the first day that the little white flag voice of surrender starting whispering you could just go and buy coffee ice cream. You really like coffee ice cream. It would be like an internal ice pack. I haven't done it but I don't even like having those thought. Life is feeling hard right now.

Replies

• bkthandler
    bkthandler Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Your body is recovering so let it rest and listen.

Maybe look into meal replacement shakes so you are getting enough protein (which your body needs to heal).

My mom has implants and they haven't been great but your mileage will vary and hopefully once you are better they will work out great.
  • Peggy108
    Peggy108 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    At the moment I am feeling I am paying thousands of dollars for a lot of suffering. I hope my opinion will change.