Motivate Yourself Monday! (7/28)

Options
13Strong
13Strong Posts: 502 Member
New week! Last "week" of July already!

How'd last week's goals go? Comment on this. It's important to look back and be honest.

Then, what are you doing for this week for your goal? Make it attainable for you.

And lastly - How's it going today!? :)

17_zpsc70458dc.jpg

Replies

• texasbeu2y
    texasbeu2y Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Last week was good I am proud that I was able to watch my hubby down some things that I dug deep to not eat with him. I did have some doughnuts on Saturday though. This week I want yo keep my no pizza challenge going, and lift heavier weights in the gym. I want cut my cardio down but keep the calorie burn going doing faster intervals. My goal for dieting is the same--more protein less (simple) carbs.
  • Daydreamangel
    Daydreamangel Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Last week was fine, worked out 5 times. I also peddled on the stationary bike when I read the ipad to burn off extra calories. Food wise, other than few indulgence of black chocolate and cracker, I stayed on track. Looking forward to a new week!
  • RachelWithoutAPaddle
    RachelWithoutAPaddle Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    My goals this week are to work out a minimum of 4 times, make good choices when I go out to eat tomorrow, and stick to my pre-op diet the rest of the week!

Well, I worked out 3x last week. My fourth was supposed to be today but I got rained out and my plans fell through. I let my schoolwork pile up and that dug into my workout time. Kickboxing was cancelled on Friday so I missed that too (sadface). I made decent choice when I went out for my anniversary, and I am definitely not sticking to that ridiculous pre-op diet of 800 calories because it was triggering me to binge like no other and I was harming more than helping. Not dissapointed with last week, smashed some paddling goals, kayaked ~10 miles, life is good.

My goals this week are to hit the gym after work with the boyfriend and to kayak at least once and complete my fastest mile at 19:00. I have a kayak date with my friend every Sunday morning so I think I can get a paddle in on Saturday morning too. I saw an as for stand up paddle board yoga in a few weeks and I am all kinds of intrigued.
  • LisaBear1986
    LisaBear1986 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    My goal last week of planning dinner ahead of time....well, it was somewhat met. I planned what to make, but didn't always stick with actually making it. eeeek. So I'm going to continue to work on this. Also, I didn't go the gym AT ALL last week...not once. So my goal this week is to go to the gym at LEAST 3 times this week. Today, I'm not going, but the family and I are have already planned on a family bike ride after work, so that'll be fun AND getting some cardio in.

I didn't drink a lot of water this weekend, and my kidneys are definitely feeling it. I'm somewhat uncomfortable, but I know once I get going, getting my water in, it'll ease up. Other than that, I'm doing A-O-K for a Monday..
  • kimmy1020
    kimmy1020 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Since I just joined yesterday, I don't have goals from last week. But I'm definitely to start this week strong. I've recently started drinking over 2 liters of water everyday. I'd like to make it a goal to keep that up from now on. Food wise, I'd like to try a new veggie this week, but since I'm quite picky, I'm not quite sure what I'll try. Workout wise, I'd like to get back into going for a 4 mile walk with my friend again, and maybe even try jogging a bit on my own to burn some extra calories. I'm excited to start this week, and I wish everyone luck in meeting their weekly goals!
  • rcksiren21
    rcksiren21 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Last week was my first week on the site but I kept under my calories everyday but 1 so going for that this week. I need to get back into the swing of working out again after 4 months of avoiding the gym so my goal for this week is to go at least 3x. Also to try and stay away from my desire to eat an entire pizza.
  • 13Strong
    Options
    Last week's goals: Not to buy breakfast, and track food everyday.

I DID do both of these so that was awesome! But I went over calories everyday last week!

This week I get Wednesday off of work, all other days (including the weekend) I'll work 8-13 hours, with the actual day length to be determined at end of the day when I leave...

So with that said, I'm going to have my weekly goal to be drink 64oz of water min each day! And then I want to track again everyday, no matter what.
  • shannishan05
    shannishan05 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Last week's goal: To cook 4 times and workout 4 times

So, last week didn't go all that great. I had fast food more times than I liked to mention! I did manage to cook dinner three times last week. I was breakfast and lunch that go me caught up. I went to the gym three times.

This week I'm setting the same goals for myself except I'll be a little more specific: Cook dinner four times, eat the leftovers for lunch (this may seem small, but I hate leftover food!!) and workout out four times.

Good luck to everyone!!!!!
  • whitneyh83
    whitneyh83 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Congrats to everyone who met their goals!

I didn't get much exercise in so I didn't make my goal. I did decent calorie wise and I lost a little weight but this week I'm going to get my workouts in. My baby is getting her first tooth and is so clingy it's hard to find time to set her down.
  • Mere144
    Mere144 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I met my goal to log food - even at a cookout at my brother's house where I managed to stay within calorie limit. I worked out every time I had planned except for one time.

My goal for this week is to continue logging consistently, plan & prepare three dishes for the week, 2 Orange Theory Classes, 2 personal trainer sessions, and 2 15 minute+ walks.
  • queendebor
    queendebor Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I was so disappointed when I weighed in this morning. I actually gained 2 lbs. As far as food goes, I did a very good job of logging everything, and should have lost weight.

However, I have noticed that I'm retaining water. And although I thought I was doing better with my water, The puffy ankles and dents in my legs when I push on my skin say otherwise. I also feel like I'm wussing out on real, work up a sweat, exercise.

So, for this week my goal is 80 ounces of water a day, and getting to the gym for at least 20 minutes on the treadmill or stationary bike at least 4 days this week.
  • kashaas
    kashaas Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Busy day for me today on my first day back! Last week goals...
    My goals for the week are to run on Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday, and do 30 DS Monday, Wednesday, Friday . I also want to go to the dunes this week and do the dune challenge. Sunday will be my rest day.

I met all my goals for last week except 30 DS on Friday. I actually did a lot of yard work that day so I was exhausted. Sunday was my rest day and I still hit 10,236 steps for the day.

My goals for this week are:

Monday: Run 45 min
    Tuesday: Jillian Michaels 30 DS
    Wednesday: Run intervals 3 min fast-3min steady 5 times
    Thursday: Jillian Michaels 6 week 6 pack
    Friday: Run 45 min
    Saturday: Rest

Go grocery shopping for the week and not eat the rest of the week at the cafeteria.

Track everything I eat.

Keep my water bottle with me and refill it at least 4x during the day.

Today has been a rough start. I was exhausted last night after getting home from camping. I don't have much food at the house so I looked in fridge and ran out the door. At least I got my water bottle. Getting ready to count my calories and see how it goes!

Breakfast was a slice of french toast, bacon, and a scoop of egg. One cup of coffee with hazelnut cream. Lunch was chicken parmesan and a scoop of veggies. Dinner is unplanned so far.
  • 13Strong
    Options
    To Recap and to give us a sense of community, I've broken down people's specific goals into areas so we can see who is working on what. If there were general goals, I left them out as I wasn't sure if it was something you'd be doing or not, and same goes for no specific goal.

Exercise Goals :
    Mere144,
    Whitneyh83
    Rcksiren21
    NurseLisa2012
    RachelWithoutAPaddle
    Texasbeu2y
    Kashaas
    Queendebor
    Kms2072

Food Goals:
    Mere144
    Shannishan05
    NurseLisa2012
    Texasbeu2y
    Kashaas

Tracking Goals:
    Mere144
    13Strong
    RckSiren21
    Kashaas

Water Goals:
    13Strong
    Kimmy1020
    Kashaas
    Queendebor

As more people post their goals, I'll add them in too. :)
  • 13Strong
    Options
    I was so disappointed when I weighed in this morning. I actually gained 2 lbs. As far as food goes, I did a very good job of logging everything, and should have lost weight

Sorry you didn't see the lb loss, but who knows, maybe you are replacing pounds fat with pounds muscle or water. I tend to be more dehydrated than I should be, so any pounds gained via water is a plus in my mind because that means I'm actually drinking water!

Wishing you luck this week!
  • queendebor
    queendebor Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I did manage to get in 64 oz of water so far, and I have a couple hours left before bed, so I think I'll make it. I didn't make it to the gym, because the migraine sneaking around in the back of my head decided to make its presence known. So aside from moving furiture in my classroom and toting bins of books around, I didn't get any exercise.

But tomorrow is another day!

My goal for tomorrow is to go to bed with thin ankles! LOL
  • 13Strong
    Options
    I got 64oz in today!

I am also sunburnt....

Win some, lose some? But hey, trying to stay hydrated.

Queendebor- I get water in my ankles too. Walking at night or stretching helps me.
  • kashaas
    kashaas Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Ok... my legs are sore! I went for my run and my shins hurt. Must of been all the walking in the sand. It was so hard to keep going, I had to walk a few times to make it. I also think I started to fast. I started to feel ok towards the end so I sprinted as fast as I could till I got home. Hopefully I heal by Wednesday, I'm really feeling it!!

Dinner was steak and potatoes, homemade guacamole and chips. I pretty much ate all my calories today, including any I earned from exercise! I just finished my 3rd bottle of water, getting ready to work on my 4th. I tracked everything... so far so good! I went grocery shopping and tracked 13,098 steps today! I decided to take the stairs at work today and get up from my desk every so often... I guess it's working for me!
  • kms2072
    kms2072 Posts: 55
    Options
    This week my goal is to hit the gym 3 days and do some strength training not just ride the bike :-) Although I am preparing for a charity bike ride on Saturday, I don't want that to be an excuse for me. I also want to make sure I get my healthy snacks in each day.

Last week was okay. I only lost a pound but I'm pleased with that.

Today was a good day. I ate well and got 9.31 miles in on the bike.

Lastly, my goal every day is to stay positive! Easier said then done sometimes! I hope everyone has a great week!