Train Yourself Tuesday! 7/29

Options
13Strong
13Strong Posts: 502 Member
Check in on your food, water AND EXERCISE! Movement is good, so let's take credit for it.

42e91e42-63fb-4122-a3f6-2470b73f1a11_zps3e3dcdc6.jpg

Replies

• texasbeu2y
    texasbeu2y Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    My meals are already prepped. I have wild caught from the USA Sockeye Salmon with broccoli, baked pork steaks (the other white meat :) I also have a chicken vegetable soup made. I usually don't eat breakfast, but if I have time I will make protein kodiak pancakes. I plan to drink more than a gallon today. I am up early to get to the gym at 5am sharp to put in some hard core work. 45 minute cardio and then focusing on body weight movements, stretching, and core work!
  • 13Strong
    Options
    If people are able to take abit of time, Akwhite82 posted a thread about meal ideas. I eat the same thing a lot but from reading the daily posts I know many of you will be able to help give suggestions. :)
  • rcksiren21
    rcksiren21 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Tuesday training for sure actually got up like I was supposed to put in 45 minutes cardio and full body strength training at the gym. A bit upset that I pretty much lost all the progress from when I first joined but that's what happens when you skip the gym for almost 4 months. Ah well starting again and I can do this.
  • shannishan05
    shannishan05 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    So far so good. I forgot to log my food for two days! I really hate when that happens. As far as exercise, I attempted to go to Zumba class yesterday, but there was a different instructor. I'm one of those people that don't like change LOL! So instead of going home, I went to the track did a couple of laps, two set of bleachers and squats. I felt very accomplished when I was done. Today, I plan to hit the track again while my daughter is at dance practice.

Good luck everyone and best wishes to you in your journey!!!!! Keep it going!!!!
  • LisaBear1986
    LisaBear1986 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I hardly drank any water this weekend...shame on me...and my kidneys were killing me yesterday, but after popping ibuprofen, drinking 10+ cups of water, I feel great. I don't have a problem getting my water in at work, but when it comes to home time, it's just not happening. This will probably be my main goal as of next week, but I'm still working on it now.

I am a nerd, and I like to write, so I track my meals/snacks in a book and then transfer it onto MFP so that way, if I forget to track on MFP, I've already tracked it in my book so then I can add it in later if need be. MFP changed my suggested caloric intake by 30 calories, so let's see how this goes today..

Have a great Tuesday everyone :)
  • kimmy1020
    kimmy1020 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Food and water are going great for me!! And I already lost a pound! Yesterday I drank a liter of water within like an hour, which had me feeling great. I continued to drink through your the day and ended up with about 13 cups of water yesterday. I woke up this morning feeling refreshed and my skin feels great. I also learned yesterday how bad it is to eat out. I ordered a pre made sandwich from a local sub shop, and it ended up being almost 900 calories for the whole thing. Thank god I ate it at for 2 meals instead of all at once. From now on, I'm training myself to cook more, or bring food from home while I'm out. Happy Tuesday everyone! Hope this week started off well for you!
  • kashaas
    kashaas Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone! I hope you week is off to a great start. I got my run in yesterday and drank my four 20 oz bottles of water. I got some groceries and tracked all my food!

My knee is bothering me, I woke up with it hurting and I was starting to feel worried. It actually feels better after moving around, I guess I'm gonna have to watch it.

Breakfast was a cliff bar and yogurt. Lunch is gonna be a frozen meal and a pear or apple. I was gonna eat the pear for breakfast but I'm feeling full. It must be the water. I finished 20 oz of water by breakfast. My plan is to drink one before breakfast, one before lunch, one after work and one with dinner. We'll see how this goes. I usually just drink and don't keep track but I feel ready to add something new this week.

Seems like we have a few new people... welcome to our group! We're glad to have you!
  • 13Strong
    Options
    Drank 20oz so far. (Is drank a proper word??). Breakfast was 1/2 an egg, 1 egg (beater - all whites), and 1 piece of bacon. Fiance is watching his cholesterol so we are slowly shifting to all white eggs... I kinda think he should cut down on the high sugar granola bars first, but hey step forwards are step forwards...

Glad to see so many people posting! You have no idea how happy I am about that. It use to be so few, and some days just me!

Texas - It's nice to see your posts so early in the morning. Makes me feel normal for getting up at 4:30am (due to work). And your meals are making me hungry! Especially the salmon! I hope the core exercises go well. I prefer strength training to cardio even though strength doesn't "burn" as many calories.

RckSiren - Great job on the 45min workout this morning! I understand needing to restart. I use to do crossfit and was in ROTC... now, definitely not in that kind of shape anymore... But we'll get it back. What type of cardio do you do?

Shan - I'm someone also that doesn't like change at times. I hope today's exercise goes well for you. It's great you can get time to go during your daughter's practices going on.

NurseLisa - Glad you are feeling better! Water is an issue of mine as well. I like your notebook idea, though generally I use my phone instead. I do find if I'm posting here or actually writing it out, I do better than just tracking...

Kimmy1020 - I laughed when I read your comment about the 900 calorie sandwich because the same thing happened to me the other day. I wish more restaurants and fast food places posted calories. Will you be cooking today?

Kashaas - I hope your knee feels better! Think it was from the run yesterday when your shins hurt?
  • RachelWithoutAPaddle
    RachelWithoutAPaddle Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Good morning all!

I had a fantastic day yesterday. Ate well, under my calorie goal. Went to the gym after work and to kickboxing after that. Today, foodwise is not going fantastic, I slept past my alarm and had to drive through to get breakfast (and Tim Horton's always gets me with those dang Ice Capps!) The rest of the day went very well though. Today is my rest day fitness wise.

Welcome to our group! :)
  • queendebor
    queendebor Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    If I hadn't had a pity party for myself this afternoon, I would have come in under my calories. On the other hand, I didn't blow the day. I'll be drinking 5 more glasses of water in the next 2 - 3 hours, so that will be fun.

Time to refill my water glass and drink up!
  • kashaas
    kashaas Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I'm sitting on the couch icing my knee! It definitely hurts :( I don't think I'll be working out tonight.

I ate my packed lunch and did not buy anything at work. Three 20 oz bottles of h2o down and working on 4th. Burgers for dinner and I stayed in my calories for the day and tracked.

Tomorrow I am going to an expo in Chicago. We're getting lunch there and going out to a steakhouse for dinner. I was gonna run in am before heading out but I think I should rest my knee till it feels better. I'm not gonna fret over whether I am running, I will adjust my dates to let myself heal. I'll just see how I feel in the morning.

Of course I'm not sure if I'm driving or taking the train yet... I just can't decide what to do. I just have a hard time planning things.
  • 13Strong
    Options
    I wandered around work again, stairs, walking - nothing excessive but did purposely try to get a few more steps in. Tomorrow's my day off, looking forward to sleeping in.

Calories - I was within range with eating back the "exercise" calories. I did grab two fun-sized candy bars at the end of work which I logged. I also barely made it to 64oz.

Need to stretch out tomorrow, my arms and calves are sore from work.