Say Hello!

Options
This is where you say hello when you join the group. Any format is fine but I suggest:

What should we call you / name:
Where you are from:
Your weight loss goals:
Motivation:
Favorite Foods:
Exercise Plans:
Hobbies:
Anything Else:

Replies

• vgates81
    vgates81 Posts: 15
    Options
    I will go first!

What should we call you / name: Victoria
    Where you are from: Tennessee
    Your weight loss goals: Lose 40 pounds
    Motivation: Health and Looking Good
    Favorite Foods: Chocolate, Chicken
    Exercise Plans: Trying to be good and do at least 15 -30 mins a day of walking / treadmill
    Hobbies: Gaming, Reading
    Anything Else: My weakness is sticking to an exercise and diet plan. I tend to make the excuse I am too busy (and I am busy) when I know I could "make time" if I wanted to badly enough. I am using the food diary to keep my portions under better control.
  • RheneeB
    RheneeB Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Good morning Victoria - I look forward to participating in your group. I have joined many groups on MFP and they all start out with a bang and then die out in a couple of weeks. I hope that this group can having daily participation so there can be a great support system put in place for our strong days AND our weak days!

My Name: Rhenee'
    Weight Loss Goals: I started at 184.4 and am currently floating between 161 and 166. My ultimate goal is to reach 130 pounds so I have about 35 pounds to go!
    Motivation: I am tired of feeling bad about the way I look.
    Favorite Foods: Pasta and breads........yep...worse things to love but Italian so what can I say!!
    Execise Plans: Right now I am in the 5th week of a 60 Day Program called JNL Fusion. This is the longest I have ever stuck with any program so I am proud of myself. I am going to see this through and then do another round (if results are good) or start T25, which I have already purchased.
    Hobbies: Don't really have anything that I can call a hobby. I stay very busy with all sorts of things but in my down time I do enjoy reading and I love music.
    Miscellaneous: I am getting ready to hit my 50th birthday at the end of September. I am hoping to be at 150 by then. I never had a weight problem until I turned 42 and then pounds slowly starting creeping on. I, unfortunately, ignored the first 10 pounds...which made it easy to ignore the next 10 pounds....and so on and so on. For about 2 years now I have been working at this weigh loss thing but failing miserably because I was the queen of making excuses, being lazy and "starting over tomorrow". I did slowly lose from 184.4 to the mid 160's but still was not giving it my all, not sticking with programs that I purchased and just not eating right on a regular basis. 5 weeks ago I started JNL Fusion and was determined to see it through. For the first couple of weeks I actually gained a few pounds but I contribute that to the weight training part of the program. Those pounds have dropped and I have lost 9 /12 inches so I know the program is working for me.

By Christmas I should be able to have made it to my 130 goal. It gives me about 21 weeks to lose 35 pounds!!
    By next summer I will be tight and tiny....as Jennifer Nicole Lee from JNL Fusion puts it!!!
  • Mandrey072009
    Mandrey072009 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hello! This is the first group I have joined on MFP. Im looking forward to the discussions and advise from other people on how to loose weight and get healthy. =)

What should we call you / name: Amanda
    Where you are from: Illinois
    Your weight loss goals: would be happy to loose 30-50lbs
    Motivation: My best friend - she lost 100+ lbs , the mirror, my husband.
    Favorite Foods: Pizza, bread, pastas.. Yup im one of those too! Not good I know.
    Exercise Plans: Right now I haven't started anything. But I have two dogs at home that have gained weight as well so I plan on taking them on more walks/jogs and using my elliptical that has been collecting dust.
    Hobbies: Crafts, crochet
    Anything Else: Iv tried to loose weight over and over again. Iv re-started on MFP a handful of times. Right now I am at my highest weight I have ever been (228 lbs). I recently married my love of 7 years and as I look back at the pictures with him I can see myself getting heavier. Im not happy in my body. I want to do this for me and for my husband.
  • SsetAdnama
    SsetAdnama Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Hello!

What should we call you / name: Sset
    Where you are from: Western New York
    Your weight loss goals: To get into a US size 14 jean by the end of 2014 (currently in a US size 18) [this is an intermediate goal]
    Motivation: Fat clothes suck & I'm tired of my body not keeping up with my personality. There's a whole list of things I hate about being fat (chub rub, getting winded cutting my toenails, butt sweat, airplane seats, etc.) and I'm sick and tired of all of them. Time for change.
    Favorite Foods: Everything that isn't nailed down. Biggest weaknesses are craft beers and mac n' cheese.
    Exercise Plans: I'm going to the gym for the first time today, I have 2 7-minute exercise apps on my tablet (1 calisthenics & 1 yoga), I have an exercise bike at home, and I have a hula hoop. My goal is to move everyday, no matter what, doing anything, for any length of time. If I can get into the habit of MOVING regularly, then I can fine-tune what it is that I'm doing later. First I have to build the habit to get into action in the first place.
    Hobbies: I'm a blacklight paint artist, I enjoy making jewelry, and I crochet. I'm a full-time student, so my hobbies go out the window when the semester starts.
    Anything Else: I just turned 36 and I'm recently engaged to my soulmate. Wedding is planned for Summer 2016 after I graduate and we plan to take an epic 2-3 week honeymoon. I don't want to have to "travel fat" on my honeymoon.
  • Christine_1085
    Christine_1085 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    What should we call you / name: Christine
    Where you are from: Northern Virginia
    Your weight loss goals: 24 lbs for BMI of 25
    Motivation: 1 Corinthians 6:19 Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own. ~ ~ I also am inspired by my husband, children and granddaughter. I am turning 50 this year and I want to be Fifty and Fit.
    Favorite Foods: Grilled Salmon, Grilled Mahi Mahi - mostly fish
    Exercise Plans: I worked out 6 out of 7 days. I do an hour of cardio. Once I get down to 150 I will do light weight lifting. I also plan to walk/fun/jog my next 5K this fall.
    Hobbies: I am a wife, mother and grandmother. I enjoy spending time with my family. We love to watch movies. Given a chance we love to the beach. We just love hanging around each other.
    Anything Else: I have been trying to lose weight since 2001 when my son turned 3. I have been on this roller coaster ride. God is good since I have found the perfect life style - Daniel Plan by Rick Warren. It incorporates the 5 Fs - FAITH FOCUS FITNESS FOOD AND FRIEND. Now I know what plan I am doing to stay with forever.
  • junkygaray
    junkygaray Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hello all,

I'm new to MFP and I need support to achieve my weight loss goals. I'm not interested in dieting I want to change my lifestyle and I think this is a good start for that.

What should we call you / name: Lili
    Where you are from: Born and raised in San Diego, CA
    Your weight loss goals: 145
    Motivation: My biggest motivation are my kids. I need energy to be able to keep up with all four of them.
    Favorite Foods: Cheese
    Exercise Plans: I plan on walking 30-45 four times a week. Eventually I want to be able to complete a 5K
    Hobbies: School
    Anything Else: I have four children and I want to show them that their mom can run and play with them without getting tired.
  • Pammeycakes55
    Pammeycakes55 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! Some of the stories I have read pretty much somes me up. I have bee yo-yo dieting for years. I want a life change. Something I will do the rest of my life. So hoping I can get some help and some "cheering on"....:wink: So glad to be here.

What should we call you / name: Pam
    Where you are from: Denhm Springs, LA
    Your weight loss goals: 130-145
    Motivation: Health....I was recently diagnosed as "Insulin Intolerant". Diabetes runs in y family and I certainly don't want to end up with it! I have NO energy, and o course, my family. Want to see my grandkid graduate high school. :smile:
    Favorite Foods: pasta, Mexican food
    Exercise Plans: I will be doing a plan calle Fit in 21. Of course, I will have to do multple sessions, but hope to keep it up
    Hobbies: Reading and riding with my honey on his Harley
    Anything Else: I just turned 59 years young. :smokin: and I want to be healthy, fit, and happy in my own skin, by my 60th! I am sick and tired of being sick and tired all the time. My whole body hurts, especially my feet. (Doesn't help that I have arthritus in my right foot. :tongue: ). Anyway, any help I can get would be greatly appreciated.

Hope y'all have a great day!
  • sydsquidlee
    sydsquidlee Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    What should we call you / name: Sydney
    Where you are from: Bloomington Indiana
    Your weight loss goals: tba. Still scared to get on a scale for the first time in 6 months
    Motivation: I want to feel good in my clothes for all the holiday parties I have to go to.
    Favorite Foods: EVERYTHING. I love to eat. I love to cook. I over al love food.
    Exercise Plans: I want to work out 2 hours a day 6 days a week. My ultimate goal
    Hobbies: Cooking, Sewing, Crafting, Running, Hiking, Coaching, Swimming.
    Anything Else: I am a mom of 2 toddlers. I stay at home.
  • johnmurphymfp
    johnmurphymfp Posts: 2,590 Member
    Options
    What should we call you / name: Rich
    Where you are from: All over, retired military
    Your weight loss goals: To get under 200 and stay there this time. I want to get around 185-190 area.
    Motivation:
    Favorite Foods: Mexican
    Exercise Plans: Run... okay well jog....ok ok ... walk, jog
    Hobbies: Don't have time for any. To busy working all the time.
    Anything Else: more later..... busy time end of the month. Production... need to make numbers.
  • sydsquidlee
    sydsquidlee Posts: 51 Member
    Options
  • Maryann408
    Options
    What should we call you / name: Maryann
    Where you are from: Northern California
    Your weight loss goals: I'm 5'2" and weigh 165 lbs - my goal is 130, which I'd love to have happen by Christmas :bigsmile:
    Motivation: Keeping healthy - As I'm getting older (49), I want to make sure I'm healthy for many years to come!
    Favorite Foods: Comfort foods - pasta, creams, gravy
    Exercise Plans: 5x week, 30min day - pilates, dvds, walking - maybe a little running later :indifferent:
    Hobbies: I'm an avid vegetable gardener. I'm up to my eyeballs in tomatoes right now. I also enjoy cooking and weekend trips with the hubby
    Anything Else: I'm motivated = so ready to get the weight loss started!
  • lmgnz
    lmgnz Posts: 7
    Options
    Hi all,

What should we call you / name: Lisa
    Where you are from: New Orleans (worst city to be in when trying to lose weight!)
    Your weight loss goals: I'm fairly tall so anything under 155 would (I think) make me look and feel unhealthy.
    Motivation: I have a family history of heart disease. I know I can't avoid it but there's no sense in adding to the problem so I guess you could say fear is part of my motivation. But overall, I'd like to feel better about myself and have more energy.
    Favorite Foods: I love a good burger.
    Exercise Plans: I already walk 60min+/day; I'd like to add swimming, weight training & boxing.
    Hobbies: Travel, reading, photography, trying to cook (usually failing).
    Anything Else:
  • JDownie91
    JDownie91 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    What should we call you / name: Jeanette
    Where you are from: living in Dallas, TX (for my husband to attend grad school), from eastern VA
    Your weight loss goals: Currently at 172, hope to lose 4 pounds per month, which would mean ~155 by December first!
    Motivation: Get to a lower BMI, feel better in general!
    Favorite Foods: I look forward to Friday night homemade pizza nights, and I love experimenting with new ways to flavor chicken. Really like Mexican, Italian, and Chinese :bigsmile:
    Exercise Plans: Running 2 or more miles for 5-6 days/week (already), starting to add in strength training 2 or more days a week on top of running
    Hobbies: Spending time with my husband and friends, board games, card games, cooking and baking
    Anything Else: I would love to do a 10k again... I ran consistently my sophomore and junior years of college and was able to get my weight to about 160 (which is the lowest it's been since joining MFP in August 2010). Recently I have been tracking my food on MFP and joined a couple different challenges. My weakness tends to be food at the office :sad: and I beat myself up about it if I go over my calories for the day... not a good habit, so I am trying to change that and develop a better relationship with food.
  • AlwaysSunshine
    AlwaysSunshine Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    What should we call you / name: Samantha
    Where you are from: Tennessee
    Your weight loss goals: To lose around 50 pounds. I'm 5'4, and started this journey at 178 pounds.
    Motivation: To feel better in general. I am at my highest weight EVER, and have recently started having health issues/concerns. I have a history of diabetes in my family, too, and I never want to receive that diagnosis! I also want to get back into running. I have run four half-marathons in the past, but right now, my weight & horrible fitness level is holding me back.
    Favorite Foods: I usually turn to chips, pasta, peanut butter, pizza, donuts, McDonald's sausage burritos...anything carb-laden....when I'm seeking comfort.
    Exercise Plans: I'm 1 1/2 weeks into Les Mills Pump and Les Mills Body Combat program I purchased last year through BeachBody. I'm feeling great, but have trouble finishing some of the Combat tracks...they're really tough!! I'm hoping that the more I do it, the more efficient I will be at finishing them.
    Hobbies: I love to travel and cook. My husband and I hardly ever eat the same thing twice for dinner (unless he requests it) because I'm always trying something new. I'm currently obsessed with trying different low-carb alternatives to things like pizza and mashed potatoes. :happy: For instance, tonight I'm going to make Lemon Parmesan Mashed Cauliflower to go with a Flounder dish I'm making. It's supposed to mimic mashed potatoes!
    Anything Else: I have always been active....but this past year I completely fell off the wagon. My husband and I launched a new business, we got married shortly thereafter, and moved to a new city. (FYI...I do NOT recommend planning a destination wedding AND starting a new business AND planning a big move all at the same time. I don't know what we were thinking :noway: ) Then, we lost my 23-year-old brother in October, and everything really went south after that. I completely put myself on the back burner, and turned to all of my favorite foods (listed above) looking for some comfort. I was stressed beyond belief, traveling back to Illinois to help my family, working on our business in TN, and trying to build our new life together in our new city. I am just now feeling like I'm ready to fully commit to getting my health & fitness back on track, and I'm really looking forward to being a part of this group!

Thanks for reading this, and enjoy the rest of your day!!
  • crenspirit
    Options
    Hi all! I just started on MFP about a week ago and I'm looking forward to engaging with a group of motivators.

What should we call you / name: Lisa
    Where you are from: Alabama
    Your weight loss goals: To get back to a healthy and comfortable weight
    Motivation: My health
    Favorite Foods: Italian & Mexican
    Exercise Plans: 20-30 of cardio 5 days a week/Yoga & Pilates 2-3 days a week
    Hobbies: Reading, Computer Gaming, Lake time (fishing, swimming, boating)
    Anything Else: I'm recovering from an accident so I am looking for a good exercise program that relieves the pain but still benefits my body. I'm starting out with Pilates and Yoga while doing simple home walking videos. I am a huge fan of Leslie Sansone's Walk a Mile videos. I can go at my own pace.
    I'm a mom and wife, currently a homemaker, which is a brand new role for me. Since I now have more time, I am focusing on a healthier me. I'm looking forward to having a new self by Christmas when we have the big family get togethers & picture times. :D
    I enjoy cooking and trying new recipes out, especially tasty, healthy recipes.

That's about all for now. Looking forward to meeting everyone! Have a blessed day!!
  • W0nderGiirl
    W0nderGiirl Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    What should we call you / name: Sydney
    Where you are from: Virginia
    Your weight loss goals: To be 135lbs. I am 5'4. I am currently 149lbs. I would like to lose 15lbs.
    Motivation: My health is important! Oh, and REALLLY cute clothes!
    Favorite Foods: Pizza, Chipotle Burrito...........um, I mean, oatmeal and green smoothies.
    Exercise Plans: Kickboxing 2 days a week. Running 3 days a week. Weight training and Cali 2 days a week.
    Hobbies: Writing and gaming!
    Anything Else: I absolutely LOVE motivating people! I would like to add people to be my friend on here. I am running a 10-miler (Army 10 Miler) in October and would like to prepare for it; mostly because I can only run about 3 miles right now.
  • jole721
    jole721 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    What should we call you? Joanne
    Where are you from? Ohio
    Weight loss goals/ 100 lbs
    Motivation/my health and my family. Also a family wedding coming up in Dec 2014.
    Favorite foods? Lasagna, bread of any kind, pastries and of course chocolate.
    Exercise plan? Back to the YMCA for arthritis water classes 3 days a week and also water aerobics 2 evenings a week. Also more walking.
    Hobbies? Rubber stamping, quilting, gardening, cooking and reading. I love spending time with my family.
    Anything else? I am 68 years old and have had both knees and one hip replaced. I need to get this weight off of my artificial joints.
    My husband and I have seven children and ten grandchildren. Our one daughter lost 210 lbs 4 years ago and has kept it off. She did it through diet and exercise. She just did another 5k recently, I would love to join her on one of those walks. She inspires me.
    I have enjoyed reading the posts from others in the group. Looking forward to sharing and posting as we all head towards the holidays 2014.
  • jafray4
    jafray4 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    What should we call you / name: Jess
    Where you are from: North Dakota
    Your weight loss goals: to be 165 only 87 lbs left to lose... ok not only but trying to be optimistic lol
    Motivation: Overall health and just looking good. Short term goal is this dress that I just love and it is way to small for me. My mom bought it for me because she had faith that I can lose enough weight to wear it. I want to wear it in February for an event.
    Favorite Foods: all foods, really I just love to eat... that's my problem. Especially eating out.
    Exercise Plans: currently nothing out of trying to stay active with my boys. I want to get a fitbit or something and go from there. I want to get into an exercise plan but by the time I get the kiddos down I have no motivation.
    Hobbies: Crafting. I actually do crafts and sell them at vendor shows
    Anything Else: I love spending time with my hubby and our boys (4yrs and 1 1/2yrs). They keep me busy, we are always on the go.

I'm excited for this group. I find the same thing in a few other groups that I have been in, they seem to fizz out. I find that being in a group really helps me stay on track.
  • carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,421 Member
    Options
    Hello!

What should we call you / name: Carl
    Where you are from: Minnesota
    Your weight loss goals: 20 lbs!
    Motivation: I'm lacking motivation right now so I need to find some goal that is attainable. A weight loss goal is just not doing it for me right now so I need to figure something else out...maybe a 5K to keep my motivation levels up?? Not sure yet.
    Favorite Foods: My most troublesome foods are the typical...chocolate, cookies, etc. If I could stay away from them I would be fine. So I need to find a way to incorporate them into my life without going crazy!
    Exercise Plans: Right now I'm biking, walking and lifting weights. I'll continue doing this until winter when I won't be able to bike anymore! Then I'll add in community ed classes of some sort and exercise DVD's at home.
    Hobbies: Biking :smile: knitting, reading
    Anything Else: I'm looking forward to this challenge. Just remember slow and steady wins the race especially with weight loss. I'd like to lose everything in a few weeks (like most people) but that is just not healthy nor sustainable.
  • casarow
    casarow Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Just joined in group ! Heading to the gym now to go to a group fitness class. Today is Insanity ~ HIIT~ Shredd Express ! Would love to do all of them but it looks like I only have time for is Insanity !! Maybe a bike ride later.. I will check back in later and let you how I did !! Giving it my all by December 31st .... shooting for a size 4. I am currently a size 8......I use to be a size 22W.... no kidding ! no surguries... just eating right and exercising!! TTYL :smile: