Turns Out I Couldn't Commit to 90 Days

Options
sherambler
sherambler Posts: 303 Member
Hey everyone. So I don't know when the last time I checked in/logged in but it's been a while, but I'm back. Jeez, I'm so sick of saying that. I feel like a broken record. The last time I took a break from MFP, it was a year or so until I returned. Back then, I wasn't using the community aspect of MFP, so returning just sort of felt like opening up a notebook to record something---there wasn't that emotional element involved that there is now. Now, I have friends on here and I was active in groups, so returning is something quite different. Returning now, it's kind of a somber event. So many of my friends and group members have done so well. I know that this is my own, independent journey and that I can't replicate someone's success, but I it almost feels like high school, you know, like I started that old chapter with those people and now I fell so behind the curve. They were the diligent eggheads and I was the slacker hanging out behing the bleachers. I don't begrudge anyone any success, but I can't help but be a little envious. And I can't help but think where I would've been now if I'd stuck with it. I guess it goes to show that if you stick with it then it'll work eventually.

Replies

• JenniferIsLosingIt
    JenniferIsLosingIt Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone. So I don't know when the last time I checked in/logged in but it's been a while, but I'm back. Jeez, I'm so sick of saying that. I feel like a broken record. The last time I took a break from MFP, it was a year or so until I returned. Back then, I wasn't using the community aspect of MFP, so returning just sort of felt like opening up a notebook to record something---there wasn't that emotional element involved that there is now. Now, I have friends on here and I was active in groups, so returning is something quite different. Returning now, it's kind of a somber event. So many of my friends and group members have done so well. I know that this is my own, independent journey and that I can't replicate someone's success, but I it almost feels like high school, you know, like I started that old chapter with those people and now I fell so behind the curve. They were the diligent eggheads and I was the slacker hanging out behing the bleachers. I don't begrudge anyone any success, but I can't help but be a little envious. And I can't help but think where I would've been now if I'd stuck with it. I guess it goes to show that if you stick with it then it'll work eventually.

The most important thing to remember is to never giveup! You are back on here and that is a start! Just keep plugging one day at a time.
  • Laughter_Girl
    Laughter_Girl Posts: 2,226 Member
    Options
    I agree with Jenjay. Put the past behind you, and make today, and every day following, count!
  • JudyKB41
    JudyKB41 Posts: 15
    Options
    How active is this group? Need to find a spot that stays current but not overwhelmed with large amount of posts. I am 73 and trying so hard to get healthy. Doing LCHF/Wheat Belly. Feel like I have the food down but exercise is a never ending struggle. Hoping to find some ladies in my age range that understands the struggles of "older" ladies. :) Please someone come on here and let's work together.